Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Levelling a rogue in BG

Not even once you hit the required level? I gues it might be time to farm some weapons then. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

im sure you can put lvling requiring enchants on BOA wepeons you just wont get the effect till you reach the lvl required and also how fast is BG lvling i heard it was very slow

Not surprisingly, it's mostly situational in what you do. PvP with a rogue is all about fast burst damage so moves like Evicerate and Ambush are often used with the Stuns (no surprise). Against Pallies and Warriors at such a low level all I can say is to stun lots. Another important tip - Dismantle is your friend! It doesn't seem to do a great deal but it's pretty damn good if you're off balance. Alot/Most of both those classes (tho, more the warrior) require their slow weapons to do the damage, and without it, can buy you some free hits.

BG leveling is a bit slower than questing, especially when you can only do WSG. I supplemented some xp by soloing mobs in RFC between matches. Once you get AB (hopefully you have a good battlegroup) its pretty quick. At level 30 I'm getting about 4k xp from each AB win... so about 10 wins to level. I really never enjoyed questing so I'll take it and its really forcing me to learn the class on the fly.

I read on wowwiki and it confirmed no level-required enchants for heirloom gear. That's kinda lame imo... but hey it is what it is. How terrible is 15 Agility x2 if I were to leave it until.. say.. 60 or 70?
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Quote Originally Posted by hehehe
    im sure you can put lvling requiring enchants on BOA wepeons you just wont get the effect till you reach the lvl required
    No. The iLevel of the BoA gear is level 1. At all times.

BG leveling, besides AV (if they are 10 minute games), is slower than questing, by quite a bit, but if you're having fun then it's your choice.
    Procrastination's like mast***ation: it feels good while you're doing it, but afterwards you realized you screwed yourself.

I guess while we're on the weapon enchant topic.. I've been pretty happy with dual 15 agility on the daggers so far. Would it be good to mix in a lifestealing or crusader? I'm sure the other gear changes will more than cover the reduced agility if the utility of those could prove better, specifically for better survivability. Thoughts?
    Nerf teabagging!

Anyone? Obviously 15 agi was nice at lower levels but now that it's easier to come by would the other proc based enchants prove more useful?
    Nerf teabagging!

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Completely dependent on your burst. I find lifestealing to be utterly useless, but crusader is much more bursty without giving the nice passive ap/crit/dodge. When i pvped at low levels, i stuck with agi/agi.

you can do a little bit of sub / ass for a good backstab spec which is really good in the level 20 bracket. Backstab is useless for leveling because trying to get behind mobs usually is a pain and without KS is too much effort, but with other players getting behind is fairly easy.

A well geared rogue in the high level 20s with decent daggers can crit backstab for over 600 (more if you are fully enchanted and stuff) which is pretty amazing

Hey, I myself am 52 rogue and would like to try out the BG leveling too.
    Which spec and weapons should I aim for (pvp reward daggers and heirloom dagger?), I'm going to turn out the exp at 60 and get full lvl60 pvp gear just the heck of it.
    So if you could link me the build/glyphs and tell me little about the play stile I'd be greatful, thanks!

Hit 34 last night and am shooting for 40 by Monday. Does the subtlety tree still present the best battleground option or is it time to move to Assassination? ;D
    Nerf teabagging!

Quote Originally Posted by Ais
    Which spec and weapons should I aim for (pvp reward daggers and heirloom dagger?), I'm going to turn out the exp at 60 and get full lvl60 pvp gear just the heck of it.
    So if you could link me the build/glyphs and tell me little about the play stile I'd be greatful, thanks!
    Hey, no thread-jacking. There are plenty of rogue twinking threads already. This is for battleground leveling.
    Nerf teabagging!

Quote Originally Posted by Nefario
    Hey, no thread-jacking. There are plenty of rogue twinking threads already. This is for battleground leveling.
    Move to assasination at 50, when mutilate is avaliable. There's really no point before that. After that it's up to you if you wanna climb sub again or keep going for Hunger for Blood. I'd go with sub, preparation is just too good to miss out for BG grinding.
    Hästäpple - Level 100 Human Hunter, Outland EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ais
    I'd rather get Honor at 59 instead of 60 if i were you. As a 59 you're highest level in the 50-59 bracket. wich makes life a little easier

I hit 42 yesterday and am having a blast... Still struggling against pallys unless I have all my cooldowns, but do ok otherwise.
    Nerf teabagging!

Quick question - is there anything I can do to make my combo points counter more noticable? Maybe an addon or something? I try not to stare at the enemy nameplate when fighting if I don't have to. ;D
    Nerf teabagging!

i'm not quite sure if it's an addon, or which one (might be parrot), but i get huge writing in the middle of my screen whenever i gain a CP, informing me of the current amount of combo points.
    I'll try and find out what causes it

I did a search on the forums and came across a post pointing to UIMcombopoints and it's exactly what I was looking for. I tested it out lastnight and have to say it's made me even more efficient.

On a side note, wouldn't it be great if the makers of wowmatrix and curse.com got on the same page?
    Nerf teabagging!

I should hit 50 tonight and am excited to start playing in the assasination tree. Quick question - for my major glyphs at 50... Mut/vigor for pvp? Also I'm planning on sticking with 2 heirloom daggers until 70... That shouldn't gimp me too much for now should it?
    Nerf teabagging!