Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mind Flay Glyph getting better!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm almost positive that the way it works is the glyph leaves a 10% snare on Mind Flay today on live (the glyph didn't change in 3.2). The reason is because we thought it might cause a lot of bugs related to whether a target was officially snared or not. A 10% snare isn't particularly useful but it is noticeable.

What we're talking about is changing the glyph to not affect the default snare at all. The glyph would just boost range.

Re: Mind Flay Glyph getting better!

YES!

Okay?

No PvE change.

PvP means you're gonna have to make a choice between a survivability glyph and a potentially damage/utility glyph.

Just because they're making something better doesn't mean it's going to BE better.

if all it does is increase range it's gonna be a bit lackluster.. a small damage boost would be nice >_> like 2-3%

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

15+ Year Old Account

or at least 5%.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

aww i got too ahead of myself and had the impression it would leave a 10% snare on the target and not reduce the base snare

meh.. still no good snare for spriests

still it's gonna take these melees without a charge/snare removal/death grip some time to get to you.

Let's see:
    Death knights: death grip/strangulate/stun
    Druids: cat/bear charge
    Paladins: freedom/repentance/captain america shield throw
    Rogues: they wont even need an ability to get to you when they will never go away from you before you die
    Enh shamans: just wind shear or go wolf sprint
    Warriors: charge/intercept

Pretty lame change if you ask me. I'd rather make it like this:

Every time you cast mind flay your target will be affected by a delusion debuff slowing him down for 4 seconds and reducing his chance to hit by x% (low percentage). Cannot be affected from this debuff more than once every 8 seconds.

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    still it's gonna take these melees without a charge/snare removal/death grip some time to get to you.

Let's see:
    Death knights: death grip/strangulate/stun
    Druids: cat/bear charge
    Rogues: they wont even need an ability to get to you when they will never go away from you before you die
    Enh shamans: just wind shear or go wolf sprint
    Warriors: charge/intercept

Pretty lame change if you ask me. I'd rather make it like this:

Every time you cast mind flay your target will be affected by a delusion debuff slowing him down for 4 seconds and reducing his chance to hit by x% (low percentage). Cannot be affected from this debuff more than once every 8 seconds.

What do you think?
    I would prefer something along the lines of:

Has a 107% chance to reduce the opponents hp to 0...and kills all critters in a 36yrd radius

What do you think?

How's this:

1: Remove Glyph of Mind Flay
    2: Make Mind Flay 30 yards.
    3: Replace Glyph that shouldn't have needed to exist with better Glyph.
    4: ???
    5: Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh

made my freakin day. laughing my ass off

This is clearly the change needed to help Spriests not be the worst arena class in the game. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    This is clearly the change needed to help Spriests not be the worst arena class in the game. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    "Spriests" are not a class. Shadow is a spec. Priests as a whole (okay, maybe just discipline) is one of the best arena classes in the game, at least from a healing/survivability standpoint, second only to the incoming nerf to Prot Paladins.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Okay?

No PvE change.

PvP means you're gonna have to make a choice between a survivability glyph and a potentially damage/utility glyph.

Just because they're making something better doesn't mean it's going to BE better.
    Eh, at least then it's more helpful when I PvP in my semi PvE spec (I'm lazy/cheap)

Shadow Priests casts <INTERUPT ME>
    Shadow Priest Dies.

Thats how PvP is.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Shadow PvP improved, I'm liking it more from day to day.
    I especially like ret paladins who choose to cleanse. However, it's a win situation for us - whether someone dispels or not it it's fine, certain damage we can endure however we're susceptible to interrupts when casting our main nuke and all it does is a silly snare that's usually useless.

Glyphs

* Glyph of Mind Flay: This glyph no longer reduces the magnitude of the movement reduction on the Mind Flay victim.

Confirmed on the front page. yay
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

lot of tears when ur glyph is getting buffed. sad.
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

If they buffed the glyph of Pickpocketing would you be thrilled?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo
    Glyphs

* Glyph of Mind Flay: This glyph no longer reduces the magnitude of the movement reduction on the Mind Flay victim.

Confirmed on the front page. yay
    And yet, it's still not right. The snare and the full range should both be baseline. No glyph involved.

Guys this glyph will be amazing for pvp, nothing to cry about. Its a pvp glyph just like howl of terror is a pvp glyph for locks. Not every glyph has to have pve utility.