Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: +hit gems for socket bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    If you truly understand the concept of PP you can work out on your particular gear set what sockets are worth activating. I suggest people learn the concept behind PP so they can make those decisons for their own personal gear.
    PP is just stat weights right, or is it somehow more?

Got this off of ShadowPriest.com...looked around but there's so many different threads on PP from what I saw. Are these values up to date and correct still?

The following numbers are the actual PP values:

* 1 spellpower = 1 PP
    * 1 intellect = 0.2 PP
    * 1 spirit = 0.22 PP
    * 1 spellcrit = 0.62 PP
    * 1 spellhaste = 0.62 PP
    * 1 spellhit = 1.16 PP (when not hitcapped)
    From what I understand...

You just add everything up on your gear and try to get the highest value you possibly can using those base PP values for each stat. When you are Hit capped the PP value for hit becomes 0.

Then, when you are deciding on what items to take with Hit on them, and when deciding on using a +Hit gem, you try and find the best "+Hit gained:PP lost" ratio by adding up the values on the gear/gems. Pretty much, you try and get the +Hit you need while trying to get the most/lose the least PP you possibly can.

Is that correct? Am I way off here? lol...as you know I'm not a Shadow Priest, I just love reading and learning about them as much as possible.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Re: +hit gems for socket bonus

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    PP is just stat weights right, or is it somehow more?

Got this off of ShadowPriest.com...looked around but there's so many different threads on PP from what I saw. Are these values up to date and correct still?

From what I understand...

You just add everything up on your gear and try to get the highest value you possibly can using those base PP values for each stat. When you are Hit capped the PP value for hit becomes 0.

Then, when you are deciding on what items to take with Hit on them, and when deciding on using a +Hit gem, you try and find the best "+Hit gained:PP lost" ratio by adding up the values on the gear/gems. Pretty much, you try and get the +Hit you need while trying to get the most/lose the least PP you possibly can.

Is that correct? Am I way off here? lol...as you know I'm not a Shadow Priest, I just love reading and learning about them as much as possible.
    Spot on really... however you will never find a gear setup where gemming for Hit is more effecient than finding it naturally on gear. Particularly with hit being so abundant on gear now that the ilvl has inflated past what Blizzard intended it to be.

Maybe in some very specific gear setups you possibly might find use for a +hit gem, however this would be for in between gear and I doubt if you created a gear wish list that you would utilise any hit gems.

Basically what i'm trying to say is avoid gemming for hit, do it if necessary if in between gear but the general rule is to avoid it as much as you can.