Thread: Pally power

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Pally power

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquisho
    im not gonna use it, i know ur the guy i did AN hc with earlier on my pala, but i can buff at my own, dont need an addon to do it all for me rly, a true player should be able to click some buttons for buffs instead auto buffing.
    You didnt play Vanilla WoW did you?

15+ Year Old Account

although its not really needed in parties, it is very nice to have the timer to see when the buffs run out.

it might not be hard to look at the players and see which buffs they have, but using the addon is just so much easier.

the BIG ++++++ is that you wont get ppl saying "WTB kings/might/wisdom" or w/e bullshit they say these days, because you can see a person not having the buff!

Pallypower is too convenient not to use in raids and parties.

i love seeing people say "I DON'T NEED NO BUFF MOD. I IS GOODER THAN THAT!"
    Go wipe on normal mimiron more.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

A bit more people in here against he addon that I had assumed.
    Some of you present great reasons and actually show that you can live without the addon.

To me as a paladin who is also a raid leader that has to manage pala blessings when raiding, pallypower is awesome.

It's not about the one click buffs, its not about the layout, its all about saving time and energy figuring out what buffs we have. The realy power in pallypower is the table style layout for organizing who buffs what.

Immagine this situation:
    1 ret pala with imp might
    1 holy pala with imp wis
    0 palas with sanct.
    you have managed to get a raid where you have almost every classes and spec represented, they all want the best buffs for them. The warrior, rogue, dk, enhance shaman, feral druid, hunter, and the ret pala all want imp might and kings. The priest, lock, mage, elemental shaman, resto shaman, balance druid, resto druid and the holy pala want imp wisdom and kings.
    This is impossible to do with a simple: "you do kings, ill do might+wis." You can spend 2 minutes over ts/vent rambling up every buff that needs to go where, or even type it out in chat and drown the receiver with a big block of text. Or just use the table layout and click click for 20 seconds and be done.

As for the addon looks, style, layout, size or whatever other reason you can think about that you dont like, fine, dont use. Just atleast have it installed and running in the background so your raid leader/buff sorter can atleast do this and you can just look up onto the table and see what you are doing at the start of the raid.

Sure this is of less concern if you are running only in guild runns where everyone is so in synch with each other that they know what everyone is doing etc etc. But if you are running a pug, dont run without it. Please for the love of god dont run without it.

I don't use pallypower...I use PaladinBuffer!

Ok, its basically the same thing and I agree that every paladin should have PP or PB.

However, I HATE it in PuGs when I buff people with Kings (for example) and the other lazy ass paladin not only doesn't buff, but switches my entire buff-setup so that it looks like hes buffing Kings and then tells me to buff up >

Deleted

i thought PP was no longer up to date?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    i thought PP was no longer up to date?
    updated 10 hours ago it cant be better then that xD
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...lly-power.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by X1Holy
    I don't use pallypower...I use PaladinBuffer!

Ok, its basically the same thing and I agree that every paladin should have PP or PB.

However, I HATE it in PuGs when I buff people with Kings (for example) and the other lazy ass paladin not only doesn't buff, but switches my entire buff-setup so that it looks like hes buffing Kings and then tells me to buff up >
    thats why in pp i lock it in pug, you want to change my buff? go /w me 1st

Deleted

I love pally power, its so damm usefull, i also nerd rage at other palas that dont have it in-game. Why make things harder for urself?

It's just amazing how you can improve your raid just having paladins working together, some with improved auras or buffs, making sure no-one never have to spec for the same talent.

As the paladin class leader from my guild, I like to make sure all paladins have all specs, auras and blessing the I want in the right time. Using pally power save me lots of time, it's way faster than PSTing all paladins asking for minor changes, and you don't have to spam your raidchat/vent, when all non-paladins classes couldn't care less about it.

Sadly, I must say that most of paladins are terrible. Most of ret paladins will never buff greater or minor wisdom for a holy paladin if not asked. Prot paladins normally just give themselfs sanct and forget about everyone else. Holy paladins normaly aren't a problem, since they will auto-buff a greater kings. In battle grounds, it's hardly possible to get 2 paladins buffing in a reasonable way. If they used pally power, it would work smoothier.

If you are actually complaning about UI polution, you just need to check pally power options. You can make it look so small, that it will never be a trouble. But, if you are one of the good player that download a addon and never tried to configure it, it's your fault, not pally power's.

15+ Year Old Account

I read the first page only. Fucking get pallypower you scrub paladins. When I run pugs, if paladins dont have or refuse to get pallypower, I boot them. If I get into a pug that I'm not running and I'm the only one with pallypower, I buff myself and thats it. It's the simplest addon there is and makes the entire raid run smoothly. People always complain about "their" pally buffs. Fuck you, its MY buff that I choose to give you, sorry.

/end rant
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Yeah, PallyPower has a scale feature you know. Set it to 0.50%, and it's not a problem. Do you really need to see what non-paladin buffs others have?
    I said you 'can' see them. You can also turn it off to save even more memory. Even tho it already uses less memory with all features enabled compared to pallypower. The big thing compared to pp is that you dont have to click an button to buff, you scroll your mouse and it buffs everyone. Wich any person using his mouse does more than you imagine.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    I read the first page only. Fucking get pallypower you scrub paladins. When I run pugs, if paladins dont have or refuse to get pallypower, I boot them. If I get into a pug that I'm not running and I'm the only one with pallypower, I buff myself and thats it. It's the simplest addon there is and makes the entire raid run smoothly. People always complain about "their" pally buffs. Fuck you, its MY buff that I choose to give you, sorry.

/end rant
    Yeah, nothing worse than pugging something (although I haven't in a long while on my paladin) and hearing people bitching about OMG I NEED KINGS, KINGS NAO PLEEZ, when you are either 1. Going through 10 GCDs to buff a full raid or 2. Waiting on a missing person from that class so you don't have to go through those multiple GCDs more than once. Then when you have all these people griping and moaning, the icing on the cake is having to try and get some jackass without pally power to buff everyone accordingly as well.

Also, while on the subject of buffing. I think what is 100x more annoying than people asking for a missing buff or not having pally power, is people that say, Oh I'm feral/enhance/etc, give me might, not wisdom, and keep clicking off their buffs, when there are 5 PALADINS IN THE RAID!!!! YOU GET THEM ALL YOU JACKASS!!!

What Blizzard needs to do is add 4 more spells that buff an entire raid with each buff, just like GotW or AI, while still allowing that option to do the 30 min buffs on single targets. Oh it would be marvelous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    i love seeing people say "I DON'T NEED NO BUFF MOD. I IS GOODER THAN THAT!"
    Go wipe on normal mimiron more.
    QFT. Also I checked out your armory link, mister "situational awareness is always on." Nice zero 25 man achievements. Maybe the reason that you don't need pallypower isn't because you're really good, but because you're running ten mans and you don't really ever have to work with two or three other paladins to get your blessings figured out.

I love how everyone freaks out when people say they dont have, i especially love the over exaggerated drama of how long people wait for buffs. Lol with my guild if we are waiting for any buffs its the druids or priests that is always being called out. We have the same paladins every week and they all keep there same buff every week and it works fine, maybe ours are just more reliable at showing up. The only time we ever hear anyone raids crying about buffs is our hunter with his stupid buffenough mod that starts to spam raid soon as hes rezzed.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

inb4 lock as well

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    QFT. Also I checked out your armory link, mister "situational awareness is always on." Nice zero 25 man achievements. Maybe the reason that you don't need pallypower isn't because you're really good, but because you're running ten mans and you don't really ever have to work with two or three other paladins to get your blessings figured out.
    trust me even in five man its a great asset
    for exemple :
    2 war, 2 druid and you (you should be a paladin.. if you arent then why the hell? 0_ô)
    1st war is prot, second is arm or fury
    1st druid is resto, second feral dps

you use mouse wheel on each of the of the dps until you have the right buff, it turn Blue and left click will buff the 30min on the tank / heal
    and will give a 10min blessing when you right click :P
    everyone is happy and take less then 1min

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    Did you read the post where I said I run with a Strict 10s group? You're making the same points I've already made, except you're being condescending about them. Even when I used to do 25s (and you'll notice I did before 3.1 -- It's not that I have zero 25-man achievements, it's that I have zero from Ulduar), it was incredibly simple to work out Blessings among the other two or three Paladins, even without Pally Power.

I've never said no one should use the mod -- I said that it's ugly and irritating, so I don't use it. Not everyone needs to use it. Lots of people like to. Hooray for them. As much as you've gotten used to it, it is not mandatory. It's an unnecessary convenience, and some of us choose to forgo it.

I didn't pore through the whole post, but I'll have to agree. Get pallypower please if you don't already. It's really that good, and makes life a LOT easier.
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    A "ture" player doesn't use one button macros, too, but people still will.
    And it doesn't matter if you use an addon or not.
    I dont use any macros at all Srsly, im pulling off 2k dps single target 10 man raid buffed with no dps boost whatsoever from the boss side.
    I have never used macros and will never use macros. I simply think it takes a little bit out of the fun. Also i never read any tanking guides. Saw through one once on elitesjerk but alrdy knew most of it.
    I am in the top 3 pally tanks in my guild.
    I am a casual player. I dont take everything serious, i dont get mad if some1 in a simple pug which i never do doesnt use it. I just assign them to whatever buff they should give by /w.

PS. dont have anything against u, read alot of ur posts and i usually agree with u
    Im just that awesome >.<