Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shadow priest dps

Does it seem to anyone else that gear seems to be helping other classes a lot more than us shadow priests? Some people in my guild say shadow priest really dont bring anything to the raid anymore. On an XT fight i usually run around 4500 dps where as other toons less geared than myself come in and out dps our shadow priests. Any input on this anyone?

Re: Shadow priest dps

Quote Originally Posted by alaw
    Does it seem to anyone else that gear seems to be helping other classes a lot more than us shadow priests? Some people in my guild say shadow priest really dont bring anything to the raid anymore. On an XT fight i usually run around 4500 dps where as other toons less geared than myself come in and out dps our shadow priests. Any input on this anyone?
    Yeah.

Shadow priests are carried by talents.

Look at the start of TBC, from what i know, Spriests were doing pretty well, altho that has a bit to do with FSW set.
    Now at the start of WoTLK we were doing pretty well, now in Ulduar and presumably Colosseum we are doing worse.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Hm, I outdps regularly mages, hunters and whatsoever on XT

Shadow for sure need some singletarget dps tuning, but overall we are fine

Now comes the part where someone barges in, checks you at armory, tells you something like "ZOMG YOU HAZ NO HARD MODEZ OOOOOOLOLOLOLO YOU SUCK MY GUILDM8S PWN U HAHA NOOB MAGES OWN LOL ROFL LOCKS TO LYL" and then everything starts revolving about how shadow sucks, every other dpser owns so much harder and yadda yadda yadda.

Note: I'm not the one who'll tell you you suck and your mages / locks need to l2p but seriously - measuring dps on XT where you can aoe, multidot, nuke the heart - does it really give an accurate picture of ones' dps? Shadow Priest (even on "hard mode" XT) will probably win over other casters.
    Why: nuking life sparks - SP won't do it, we're not nukers.
    AoE-ing the adds after heart is dead - that ups our dps, we can dot pummelers and the boss.

If we're talking about straightforward stand and nuke type of fight - locks and mages win. If we talk about aoe, movement and ability to dot up multiple targets (yogg), we win.

Does that actually mean anything to anyone? To stand atop of some addon as #1 dps at failed boss try or to actually help achieve the hard mode kill?

We are getting worse , if this will continue.. we wont getting a raidslot unless we start healing:P

Actually we cant be #1 in any encounter right know if all other has same RNG luck... skill & Gear.

You may say on Yogg we can, thats true for +0 with mind searing in p3. But u can the let rogues aE ing.. and since their aoE ist stronger they would beat us there too.

Right now we are in the last third of DPS(mostly) and we can keep up very hardly.. but if there wont come some changes... we will dropp even lower because of our scaling issues...

Spriest is broken imo, they dont bring anything usefull to a raid and are far from top dps.... In TBC they were lowest dps spec BUT was so insanely needed because of the regen...

In its current form i really dont see a reason to bring one :s
    Once upon a midnight dreary
    While i pron surfed, weak and weary
    Over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"
    Quoth the server, 404.

killing a new raid boss is like having multiple orgasms only better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wupday
    Spriest is broken imo, they dont bring anything usefull to a raid and are far from top dps.... In TBC they were lowest dps spec BUT was so insanely needed because of the regen...

In its current form i really dont see a reason to bring one :s
    This.

3% hit is nothing because of the obscene amount of hit gear available. (well itemized hit gear too)
    3 more viable classes bring replenishment (lock,hunter,pally)
    Every 25 man raid will have 2-3 holy/disc priests minimum. GS/PS are stupidly OP in PvE.
    So priests buffs are covered.

Everyone says how awesome Mindsear is for an AoE, AoE is pretty useful, but an AoE that is maybe a 1-300 dps AT MOST better than some other AoE isn't make or break.

Only thing shadow priests have going for them is they're absurd damage reduction and self healing and dispersion on 2 min cd. 1min 15 sec Glyphed, making us the soaker for Wotlk.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    We are getting worse , if this will continue.. we wont getting a raidslot unless we start healing:P

Actually we cant be #1 in any encounter right know if all other has same RNG luck... skill & Gear.

You may say on Yogg we can, thats true for +0 with mind searing in p3. But u can the let rogues aE ing.. and since their aoE ist stronger they would beat us there too.

Right now we are in the last third of DPS(mostly) and we can keep up very hardly.. but if there wont come some changes... we will dropp even lower because of our scaling issues...
    You don't see the possibilities in our class then.

On Freya, we multidot the 3 adds, insane AoE the small adds and do decent dps on the big tree. This allows us to be really really high on damagemeter on freya. If not top5.
    On Mimiron, we do excellent dps compared to other classes, because it's a mobility fight (atleast the hardmode, which I weight the most), in phase 3, we multidot, same with phase 4, we multidot, leaving us in top5 damage.
    On Vezax we shine aswell. #1 on dps meter, or top3 if you got 3 sp's doing him.
    On Yogg-Saron, no matter if it's +4 or +0, we shine. There's many things to multidot, and in phase 3 we are 1 of 2 casters who can keep on with their normal dps cycle even if you have to turn around (mind flay abuse).

So to sum up, singletarget nuking may not be our speciality, but there are so many bosses that isn't a singletarget nuke. We shine a hell of a lot when there's multiple targets, and there happens to be many of those boss fights. If blizzard intends to buff our singletarget damage, then it's just extra icing on top of the cake if you ask me.

(This post goes out to all the people in this thread saying how much we suck)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkis
    You don't see the possibilities in our class then.

On Freya, we multidot the 3 adds
    My guild stategy is all ranged on the Snaplasher, the melee camp burn the two others down in the same period of time. I'm not allowed to multi-DoT anything, because it would pretty much wipe us.

insane AoE the small adds
    Yet I keep seeing rogues and Death Knights beating me to it, if there's not roots or a tree they have to handle at the same time. FoK's unlimited range is just fucking stupid.

This allows us to be really really high on damagemeter on freya. If not top5.
    If you end up in Top 5 you either:
    - Brought to little melee (moar rogues already!)
    - Have terrible melee
    - Have bad casters

On Mimiron, we do excellent dps compared to other classes, because it's a mobility fight (atleast the hardmode, which I weight the most), in phase 3, we multidot
    Multi DoT what? My guild stategy involves only having 2 available Targets to DoT, and focus targeting one of those so constant we cannot affort to DoT junkbots for meter-whoring. It's not efficient damage, specially not post nerf.

, same with phase 4, we multidot, leaving us in top5 damage.
    Again, my guild stategy is different from yours, if I dps anything but the head it's more likely to cause a wipe than not. And we been doing Firefighter25 every week for a while.

I disagree, frost mages can do far more dps than us. However we're borderline with warlocks on this fight, so I guess that's alright for once.

On Yogg-Saron, no matter if it's +4 or +0, we shine. There's many things to multidot, and in phase 3 we are 1 of 2 casters who can keep on with their normal dps cycle even if you have to turn around (mind flay abuse).
    I find my Mind Blast is interrupted to often due to movement, and our DoT damage is minimal compared to that of a affliction warlock. I don't think we shine more than any other caster on that fight, and we're terrible due to lack of burst for Constrictors.

Multi-dotting is just a wet-dream with the terrible-efficient melee my guild have. Doing focused damage on a big tenacle, rather than meter-whoring by doing useless dotting here and there, is so much more efficient from a overall-fight-perspective!

So to sum up
    So to sum up, the efficiency of multi-dotting disappears with better fight knowledge, and becomes moot with different strategies, and is more a perspective of meter-whoring, than efficient damage.

I agree..... what's the goal? to top dmg meter or to get the boss down?
    2nd one ofc.... so let's not talk about multi-doting and AoEing..... at freya if u multidot u wipe..it's a fact.... at yogg ph1...multi-dot = missing mobs on sara....
    Now i manage being in the top 5 dps and our ranged are good i can assure u...we just have only 2 rogues and no cat (yet... i hope we get 1) so i can be high on dmg meters... but it isn't the point
    doing things right > top dps.
    On vezax i get to be top dps only because with the haste i get my mind flay is like less than 1sec.... so i outdps other classes.
    But still i think Spriests are usefull.... 3% hit as a raid buff will have people do more dps due to selecting gear with other stats than hit.... i'm not saying it's as good as like moonkin buff or something , but it is a plus.
    We don't suck as much as people think.... Even at Ignis i might achieve top dps but for sure in top5.... we're a rotation based class so if u are able to time everything right u can achieve alot of dps....
    So before talking about Spriests being shit look at what u're doing wrong.
    Cause in fights that require movement we're 1 of the best classes to have in a raid and in others , we are an asset not a drawback

Cheers
    Zoulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Obviously, and I'm not a doom-sayer like Strykzor, but that doesn't limit me from pointing out flaws.

I play my class, and enjoy it quite a bit. It's just annoying when you feel you could be so much better with a more powerful class.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    Can anyone tell me a lower DPS spec than shadow priest in game?

Lolsmite?
    Congratulations, you've conformed to societies idea of a non-conformist!

Depends on encounter, I guess.

Moonkins I guess

Could u please link a wwsstat report or the like (atleast a screenshot) of ur highest vezax hardmode dps

lolret, fury warrior on fights were is no incoming ae dmg and boonkins dont do the best dps either.

Nezoia I rly dont get your point. Im just wondering how u did such a progress with such a bullshits.

I will leave your blabling bout Vezaxx coz its pretty random fight, but still I can top meters while finishing fight with 5-6k mana. But ok, its fine.

But not tell me please why ar u soo fukkin against multidotting on mimiron or yogg lol?

Lets start with mimiron - p4 is to bursts his parts ASAP before either u die or ur teammates coz of unlucky fires or something like that. So tell me how can you wipe RAID with multidotting 3 parts and mindsearing it? Coz rly you will do 3x more dmg in p4 coz Sear is way better filler than MF so you wont loose any single target dmg srsly. Same with yogg - if you prefer to do more dmg via MF on crusher than do lets say 10x more dmg overall than with MF just by dotting small tentacles close to you then your playstyle is 1 big fail . Ofc no offence to you but if you do only what you ar ALLOWED then its not good, or maybe ur raid leader knows every class play mechanics way better than players itself.

AAh and highwind01 do you get difference betwen DPS and dmg done?

Mage can do on vezaxx lets say 12k dps, while I can do lets say 6k and I will still do more dmg than he, coz my dps uptime is 100% coz of ticking dots while mage is dpsing only while standing in black shits.

Anyways if you hate spriests so much then check some top wws on some fights and check best spriests in action. For example hav u ever thought that spriest cna put 18k dps on hodir?

But not tell me please why ar u soo fukkin against multidotting on mimiron or yogg lol?
    Isn't it obvious? There's nothing to attack.

Mimiron: If I DoT up the middle/bottom, it dies before the head.
    Yogg-Saron: Our melee kills the corruptors, pointless to DoT them while moving.

And I'm not the person who hate shadowpriests, lol, you're confusing me with Strykzor.

Mage can do on vezaxx lets say 12k dps, while I can do lets say 6k and I will still do more dmg than he, coz my dps uptime is 100% coz of ticking dots while mage is dpsing only while standing in black shits.
    Our "black shit" uptime is 90%+ with our stategy. So the mage gets same amount of dps time as I do, and my DoTs ticking for nothing compared to him doing tons of frost bolts, doesn't mean much.

For example hav u ever thought that spriest cna put 18k dps on hodir?
    Considering I've done 12-13k on very imperfect tries, with no hardmode loot, it doesn't surprise me. Specially if the raid caster got some extra buffs (like Focus Magic).

Your guilds other dps classes suck if you have shadow priests coming in the top 3 regularly on all the fights.

Locks, DKs, rogues, hunters, Mages, all do significantly more damage on all fights. Some classes dont even need to be as equally geared as the shadow priest to do it either. Given equal skill and ilvl for everyone in the raid, a shadow priests will be roughly 5-10 on almost all fights. The couple of fights we do really well on are mimiron and Yogg.

Multi-dotting multiple targets to pad the meters is useless. If it makes you happy at the end of the day to make it look like you did a lot of damage done, then fine. I would agree that there is some fights where this would be useful, Mimiron p4 for instance. Regardless to multi-dotting being useful, I don't really see this as a reason to 'bring' an spriest.. as I'd rather pickup another lock.

("If I DoT up the middle/bottom, it dies before the head. " - LOL@this. Who ever said the other 2 would die first if he did this is an idiot.. unless he has some superman cloak on that makes his dots hit like 100k/second - ranged dps can dynamically change targets to assist which ever one has the most health).

The majority of fights, multi-dotting is just not going to make or break a fight. It ultimately comes down to single target dps 90% of the time.

IMO, spriest is one of my favorite classes to play. I feel they need a buff. It should not be that 90% of spriest consistently make up the bottom 30% of the dps during boss encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmen
    Your guilds other dps classes suck if you have shadow priests coming in the top 3 regularly on all the fights.

Locks, DKs, rogues, hunters, Mages, all do significantly more damage on all fights. Some classes dont even need to be as equally geared as the shadow priest to do it either. Given equal skill and ilvl for everyone in the raid, a shadow priests will be roughly 5-10 on almost all fights. The couple of fights we do really well on are mimiron and Yogg.

("If I DoT up the middle/bottom, it dies before the head. " - LOL@this. Who ever said the other 2 would die first if he did this is an idiot.. unless he has some superman cloak on that makes his dots hit like 100k/second - ranged dps can dynamically change targets to assist which ever one has the most health).
    Our P4 stategy involves more controlled damage. Remember it's Firefighter, not normalmode. (Though, nobody do normalmode anymore, do they? so I guess everybody assumed it was hardmode anyways)

So yes, I just can't go and meter whore by dotting up everything, with the risk of getting a un-even alignment of damage at a bad time.

Our strategy works, we 1shot him every week (unless the melee misses a Frost Bomb in P2 - like today hehe). So I can't see why it's "wrong" in your eyes.