Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: T9 Loot distribution - Unfair for 25m raiders?

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    u also get 2 triumph per daily hc, 14 per week + 5 = 19 when full release
    Actually each boss drops 3 emblems so thats 14+15= 29 emblems per week

And I would assume that maybe the trophies also drop in 10man heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by CombatJack
    Actually each boss drops 3 emblems so thats 14+15= 29 emblems per week

And I would assume that maybe the trophies also drop in 10man heroic?
    I wouldn't be surprised if triumph badges dropped from 10 man heroic either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromghar
    Yeah yeah . Gotta love those "I got no valid argument so i am gonna say get a life" posts.

The thing is the heroic 25m isnt open yet and wont be for another 3 weeks, let alone its difficulty.

I just find the way 25m T9 distribution unreasonable
    How so? 25m T9 = You get trophies, however you don't need that many because you'd prefer to the regalia that don't require any badges at all. Because you don't need to spend badges on some of your t9, you can get other badge gear. Seems to work out fine, 10 man get more trophies proportional to the number of people, however they have to spend their badges so they'll ultimately get less gear, whereas 25 man raiders will spend their badges on other pieces and still be able to get pieces from regalia.

Don't forget, when the new Flame Watcher boss is released in VoA with the start of Season 7, he will Drop T9 10/25 sets as well as Triumph badges. Probably just gloves and pants again but it's still yet another chance at t9 pieces and Triumph badges outside of ToC 10/25.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

I got bored after reading the first few. But.....

You guys could try running a 2nd 25 man with a few mains, alts and pugs. Just reserve the trophy for guild. And now you have twice as many trophies.

15+ Year Old Account

Or you just wait until the heroic version of the 25man is available and get the real sets which you don't need any emblems / trophy of the crusade for.

Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn
    I wouldn't be surprised if triumph badges dropped from 10 man heroic either.
    well being that they drop from 10 man normal, it would be dumb if they didn't from heroic version.

i prefer the previous method tbh, but maybe it was a bit too fast

QQ more, you ppl need to get use to things NOT BEING EASY TO GET

the way the t9 is setup is a good way it will actully make the t9 level last longer than the others. if you want it EZ mode go play on a privet server. you should NEVER get use to getting things easy else you will just get LOTS of threads about people crying about loot and it will take too long.

IF you are in a decent guild here is how the t9 armor should be handed out ( by t9 armor i mean the trophys)

tanks
    healers
    ranged dps
    melee dps

OR

get the emblems needed for the armor piece then at the end of every 25man raid when the leader gets the trophy he should let ppl bid on it with DKP who already have the number of emblems needed for a armor piece( for those who have the dkp system ).

OR

if more than 1 person has the number of emblems needed for the armor piece the Raid leader shoould talk with the other officers ( if they are in the same guild and not some random pug ). and disuss who should have it. tanks having prio over all.
    then healers, then dps. etc.

LESS QQ ABOUT THE TROPHYS! IF YOU PPL HAD A CLUE YOU WOULD BE OK WITH
    THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Isoz
    QQ more, you ppl need to get use to things NOT BEING EASY TO GET

the way the t9 is setup is a good way it will actully make the t9 level last longer than the others. if you want it EZ mode go play on a privet server. you should NEVER get use to getting things easy else you will just get LOTS of threads about people crying about loot and it will take too long.

IF you are in a decent guild here is how the t9 armor should be handed out ( by t9 armor i mean the trophys)

tanks
    healers
    ranged dps
    melee dps

OR

get the emblems needed for the armor piece then at the end of every 25man raid when the leader gets the trophy he should let ppl bid on it with DKP who already have the number of emblems needed for a armor piece( for those who have the dkp system ).

OR

if more than 1 person has the number of emblems needed for the armor piece the Raid leader shoould talk with the other officers ( if they are in the same guild and not some random pug ). and disuss who should have it. tanks having prio over all.
    then healers, then dps. etc.

LESS QQ ABOUT THE TROPHYS! IF YOU PPL HAD A CLUE YOU WOULD BE OK WITH
    THIS.

This isn't TBC. Tank and Healer gear does not matter as much as DPSing gear. Healers can always keep the raid up in the last tier of gear or lower, only thing their gear does really is conserve and regenerate mana better. However, so does killing the boss faster.
    Tanks aren't going to get gibbed because they're missing 50 stam and 2% avoidance. Your post is obnoxious and rude. "Get a clue"

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cho%27gall&n=Apocalypseis

Once all of the bosses are out, and lets assume they drop 3 badges a piece, you are looking at 15 badges for that raid lockout. If you do 25 heroic and clear it, that is another 15ish badges, maybe more. If you do 10 man and/or 10 man heroic there are a lot more badges. I'm not saying I like how this system works, especially since all of the bosses aren't available, but once all of them are available, everyone should have enough badges for T9. Combine the daily heroic in there too and there is another 14 badges a week. If you just do 25 man reg and your daily heroic that is almost 30 badges a week. My figures may be off slightley as they are off the top of my head, but just don't expect to get full T9 in the first week, it will take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoshua
    Once all of the bosses are out, and lets assume they drop 3 badges a piece, you are looking at 15 badges for that raid lockout. If you do 25 heroic and clear it, that is another 15ish badges, maybe more. If you do 10 man and/or 10 man heroic there are a lot more badges. I'm not saying I like how this system works, especially since all of the bosses aren't available, but once all of them are available, everyone should have enough badges for T9. Combine the daily heroic in there too and there is another 14 badges a week. If you just do 25 man reg and your daily heroic that is almost 30 badges a week. My figures may be off slightley as they are off the top of my head, but just don't expect to get full T9 in the first week, it will take some time.
    The problem is now you are asking people to log on EVERY day to do a daily heroic, and for 4 raid lockouts of the new raid, and most guilds are still working on hardmodes in Uld (they didn't remove the drakes for a reason). Sometimes people want to skip 10 man raids, and every dang day I want to skip the daily heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Deleted

We started this ID to put all members, that didn't find a place in the main raid, in a second raid, filled it up with alts and killed the 2 bosses. Ofc the mains have priority on loot, but that doubled our tokens this week.

I wouldn't be surprised if they up the drop rate on both trophies and emblems a couple months before Citadel opens to finish gearing everyone up.

Blizzard has been extremely generous with loot this xpac. They added naxx10/25 man level gear to a 5 man instance. My Druid alt went from greens/blues to full 5 man ToC gear (and H ToC) in one week with only minor farming of the instance. That instance is pure loot pinata, especially the normal version you can literally run til you get every piece of loot in there assuming your group isn't so good you hit the instance per hour cap.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Obliteration
    This isn't TBC. Tank and Healer gear does not matter as much as DPSing gear. Healers can always keep the raid up in the last tier of gear or lower, only thing their gear does really is conserve and regenerate mana better. However, so does killing the boss faster.
    Tanks aren't going to get gibbed because they're missing 50 stam and 2% avoidance. Your post is obnoxious and rude. "Get a clue"
    Tank, Healer, DPS priority is pretty much common knowledge for the best progression. I don't care if you have record dps, if the tank isn't geared enough, boss won't die. and if your healers are poorly geared, it doesn't matter how good the tank is or the dps is, the boss won't die. However, if your tank and healers have the best gear first, and the dps lacks behind a little, the extra time needed to down the boss is doable, because the tanks can mitigate more and the healers can last longer on their mana.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Tank, Healer, DPS priority is pretty much common knowledge for the best progression. I don't care if you have record dps, if the tank isn't geared enough, boss won't die. and if your healers are poorly geared, it doesn't matter how good the tank is or the dps is, the boss won't die. However, if your tank and healers have the best gear first, and the dps lacks behind a little, the extra time needed to down the boss is doable, because the tanks can mitigate more and the healers can last longer on their mana.
    A difficult point to argue in the face of the new hard mode progression. Sure some hard modes involve hitting tanks harder, but most of them are simply far harder dps requirements. Hodir and XT hardmodes are DPS tests. Mim, and Thorim are basically DPS/Heal checks. The remaining hardmodes mostly test all roles equally. Now I think there is a couple reasons for this, first is because if bosses started hitting significantly harder tanks would get one shot, no matter how good their gear is, second is because all of your raiders are supposed to be good to complete hardmodes not just a few of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that tanks in greens should need to wait on loot for dps. I'm saying that balance is the key to progression, and that raid leaders should be looking at each piece individually. It is very true that if a tank can't survive a boss that boss won't die, but on the flip-side if your raid doesn't have enough dps you will hit the enrage and the boss still won't die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Lets see...

Cost for a complete set of 10M Heroic/25M Normal Set is 5 Trophies and 315 Triumph Tokens.

If i remember right you get 2 or 3 tokens per a trial and 1 Trophy. So for a FULL Clear, you get 10-15 EoT's a week 5 Trophies.

If you do your Daily every day thats 14 EoT's a week and if your guild full clear the 25m every week you get ~10-15 EoT a week, AND you full clear the 10man every week thats a total of 42 EoT a week.

315/42 = 5.7

Assuming you never miss a daily and you full clear all the instances every week. All and all your look at about 30+ hours of play time a week for the average player and a bit less for skilled players.

But your look at a total of 8 weeks to get a complete set of the mid range gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    I think what he's trying to say is that it won't exactly matter much these days anyway because if you're raiding Trial of the Casuals with your guild, 9/10 times your healers/tanks will be mostly/fully T8 geared, and 7/10 times they'll have a decent amount of gear from hard modes, so really T9 is pretty much fair gain for anyone, not this whole Healer > Tank > Ranged/Caster > Melee bullshit (plus considering in most cases in raids I outdps/outdamage ranged DPS anyways, so fuck 'em! ).

But at the end of the day, it's at [X] guild's discretion how loot is distributed anyhow; and eventually your entire raid is gonna be fully T9 geared over time anyhow through this shit 1-token-for-all system anyways, so really it's not that much difference as to the recent system, just more times than not now you'll have a huntard rolling on your loot.

Considering a lot of the damage you face these days isn't necessarily on the tank, but is raid wide, I think the whole tank gets loot first mentality is somewhat obsolete. Considering that, both DPS and Healers have to have enough throughput to get through the fights, so really nobody really have claim to priority. Everyone needs gear just as much as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromghar
    With only 1 Trophy of the crusade per boss and 5 bosses in total (5 bosses in 3 weeks from now that is) , it would take a long time before someone can complete the T9(25m) set.

In the meantime , you cant really spend your Emblems of triumph to get the T9(10m) because you're wasting your emblems when you later upgrade to the 25m version.

While non(25M)-raiders do get less emblems , the 25m raiders dont get the chance to use them

Some solutions that come right out of my head :

1) T9(10m) + Trophy of the Crusade = T9(25m)

or

2) 2 Trophy of the Crusade per boss

or

3) Remove/Significantly lower the emblem cost of T9(25m)

I'd like your opinions on this one . I for one find myself confused on what to do. Get a couple of pieces of the 10m version and save my dkp for offset items and weapons or wait for my trophy?
    So what your basically saying is... you want easy loot, to be even easier to get?! Please stop QQing and gtfo. It's people like you that contributed to blizzard giving out conquest emblems like candy.

The new raid instance is a joke, and by the time icecrown citadel is released everyone will be geared anyway, most likely with the full T9.5HC too.