10man Mimiron Woes

Yes I'm talking about normal mode, Yes I'm talking about 10man, and yes my guild isn't all that progressed but the problem we are having is our two main healers are both druids and they are both quite decent but unless I have icebound fort up during plasma blast - chances are Im screwed. Our group make up is usually something like.

MT - Deathknight (me)
    Ot - Warrior

Healer 1 - Druid
    healer 2 - Druid
    healer 3 - Dual spec'd shaman (Resto for this fight usually Elemental)

DPS
    -Rogue
    Warlock
    HunterX2
    Ret pally
    the Dps sometimes changes but the tanks and healers are fairly standard - I just want to know how we can survive the second plasmablast - sometimes vamp blood + deathstrike + runetap will save me but then im completly out for the third one if it happens and lets face it it uusally will. Other then make the warrior taunt and then sheildwall is their anything we can do?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 10man Mimiron Woes

Make the ret pally use hand of sacrifice on you and bubble for the second one.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

have the ret paly spec into di sac and then have him hit it during third.. should help some. have one of your healers sit out for the attempt get a priest in there with Guardian spirit.. sometimes group comp just sucks for a fight.

Yeah, without cooldowns you are pretty screwed. Normally we have our pally tank doing this fight. CDs go as follows:

Pally(prot) - Bubble Wall
    Pally(holy) - Divine Sacrifice (or whatever it's called, 30% raid damage reduction) + Bubble
    Holy Priest - His guardian angel

I'd suggest having your ret pally using the divine sacrifice (assuming he's speced into it) for the second CD needed. Or, like you suggested, have your warrior tank taunt before the second plasma blast and he can soak it.

Hope some of this helped and good luck!

let the OT take one, Last Stand/Shield Wall.
    "Sir, we are surrounded, Sir"
    "Excellent, we can attack in every direction"

^, can trade taunts back and forth.
    Origins 10 Man Strict Guild Now Recruting!

Mad props to Sokogeka for sig.

The ten man version it's acctually healable with big heals. Two full stacks of hots and bombing nourish and swiftmend should be enough to keep you alive without a cooldown.

You take first one with shieldwall, second one goes to warrior with shieldwall and 3rd one with pala bubble+sacrifice to you.

Your DPS is low if you're even getting to three blasts to be quite honest, so I'd suggest starting there. Sounds like they need to pick it up a bit so you can IBF the first blast, then have the war taunt after the nova, and Swall the second one, you taunt back after the second nova, and by then he should almost be down. If he isn't, you need to up your DPS. Three plasma blasts is quite excessive really, and shouldn't ever be happening.

we only had one night of attempts so people were dying and we were 9 manning most of it since our rogue had an emergency but i was just assuming we'd get 3 blasts /shrug

Thanks for all the advice so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between over here and over there

We solo tank it with a Paladin. He hits his 50% bubble for the first, and if we get a second, we have a disc priest as one of our healers so he uses Pain Suppression. If you're getting rolled by the plasma blast, I'd think maybe having one druid drop out of tree to use big heals might help somewhat.

Since ur a DK, there isn't much ur raid needs to help u with during plasma blasts. The standard cooldown rotation for DK's during Plasma Blast is:

1st=AMS
    2nd=IBF
    3rd=AMS

Use AMS after first 2 ticks, it should leave u at low health and give time for ur healers to heal u up. AMS soaks up about 2 ticks of Plasma Blast b4 it wears off.

Depending on ur spec, u should either have Bone Shield as Unholy, Vampiric Blood as Blood, or Acclimation as Frost. During the 2nd Plasma Blast, when u use IBF, use Bone Shield after the first tick on Plasma Blast(assuming 4 charges) or Vampiric Blood right before he starts blasting. Acclimation should proc and help mitigate damage. AMS cooldown should be up for 3rd Plasma Blast, use after 2 ticks of Plasma Blast.

If u find urself dieing during any of those 3 Plasma Blasts and u are doing what I suggested, take a look at what ur healers are doing. They may not be coordinating well enough when there's a Plasma Blast and Napalm at the same time. I play a resto druid and from experience, with AMS up, its possible to have only 1 healer on u and u'd still be alive after Plasma Blast (given that u'd be around 10-15k hp).

Also helps to have a fire resist aura up from the paly for first 2 phases.

PS: druid dropping out of tree form is less heals, ignore guy posting above me.

Ok guys thanks again - now to master phases 3 and 4 and that nub is gonna die!