Your experience with Rawr

I've been toying around with Rawr lately, can't hurt to use multiple resources. What I find strange is that Rawr is telling me that haste is my best stat for my current level of gear which I find quite ammusing. It even has it ranked above spellpower and is nearly double the value of crit. I don't actually trust this of course but I was wondering if other people have used Rawr for their Shadow Priests and what their experiences with Rawr have been like?

Re: Your experience with Rawr

My experience is they used their own numbers and simulations, which tends to be horrible biased, and made by a very limited number of people, with limited experience.

Rawr works in absolutes, ie. where simulationcraft can have scalar values changed dependant on gear composition, Rawr cuts everything over the same line.

In general, I'm not fond of the tool, and find it very imprecise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    My experience is they used their own numbers and simulations, which tends to be horrible biased, and made by a very limited number of people, with limited experience.

Rawr works in absolutes, ie. where simulationcraft can have scalar values changed dependant on gear composition, Rawr cuts everything over the same line.

In general, I'm not fond of the tool, and find it very imprecise.
    Rawr actually has scalar values that change depending on gear/gems/enchants.

It's just not very accurate for some classes, while it is spot on for others. It was born a feral tool. The other classes have been adapted by people, but the support seems to be lacking for many specs.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

I've played with it some for Shadow, more of my experience has been toying with it for Healing. In some situations it can give strange numbers like, as you point out, having Haste as the top stat. In other cases, I would be treading that line between where it values throughput and mana, and a small change in gear or assumptions would suddenly make a large change in how it values the stats, which can be misleading. All in all, I thought it was an interesting tool if you play with it enough to get reasonable numbers out of it, but like the others said, it doesn't seem particularly accurate for Priests, so I'd say play with it, but take any results you get with a grain of salt.

does the job perfectly for melee dps, and anyway it's always a better UI than a spreadsheet

for holy thou i dont trust the gear advice, i just use it to switch gear around ("what if?.." scenarios)

LIke all tools, apply optimizer, but dont forget to apply "common sense" afterwards ^^
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

I use it on my holy paladin. It makes it a tad easier to see what a potential upgrade.