Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Turning Saronite into profit

A lot of this discussion is contingent on your server's economy. My server happens to have very high enchanting mats prices (90g-110g/stack for infinite dust), but low prices for gems (scarlet rubies are 42g, everything else is between 6-29g). Saronite stacks sell for about 14g. So I usually smelt saronite bars, send them to my shaman (who is a BS) and make eternal belt buckles, and sell those for about 65g each. The eternal waters I buy very cheaply (7g per) from a "business partner" who farms them up. Total profit per buckle: 65-7=58g*20 buckles=1160g. Keep in mind you can't do this all the time, or you'll flood the market and lower the profits (which makes everyone /hate you). On a good week, I can sell about 50 buckles, so the rest of the saronite that I don't use I prospect and use for JC crafts and icy prisms. Those don't yield as much gold, but its still profitable.

Strangely, on my server Titanium Bars are actually going for upwards of 55g (62g yesterday), whereas Titanium ore is only 310g/stack. So I'll smelt the half-stack of ore I got farming into bars, and sell those.

I can attest that WG farming is absolutely incredible for titanium farming. I'm usually flying around there on my DK for the hour before raids start (while everyone else is getting pots/flasks/repairs/reagents and trolling forums) and I can get about 15-18 eternals (not an engi) and 10-15 stacks of saronite along with 1.5 stacks of titanium (on average).

Now if I could just track this guy down to take care of the gophers who are stealing all my nodes from underground everything would be right with the world. I lost 4 Titanium nodes and countless saronite ones last night to the node ninjas. Now every node I land on I start off with an instant howl of terror to get rid of any horde hackers, that saved me 3 nodes.

What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by Mew
    - Prospect and make the green enchanting necklace/rings and disenchant them to get dust/essence and sell that
    I don't think this will work any more. According to my JC trainer, all the level 70+ ring and neck recepies now make Blue quality gear, instead of Green, meaning that most of them are going to DE into Small Shards instead of dust or essence now, making them practically worthless.

You are looking at the wrong rings/necks.

Blood Sun Necklace
    Jade Dagger Pendant

vs

Sun Rock Ring
    Crystal Citrine Necklace
    Crystal Chalcedony Amulet
    Bloodstone Band

I disenchanted each type of the green rings/necks this weekend and received the same mats that I have been receiving for a while now. They are not worthless yet.

Deleted

normally, i buy (!) around 600G worth of saronite ore (about 40 stacks or 160 prospects), then i prospect them all via a macro.

according to wowhead, these should be my prospects (numbers can vary):

30 of each usable gem (HC/chalcedony/BS/SC) for 120 in total.
    30 of DJ and shadow crystal (unusable almost)
    6-7 of each blue gem.

remember, you need to save about 5 of each gem used in the JC daily, so i have about 100 usable.

after that, i count how many of the usable-in-craft gems i have (X) and i buy X/5 eternal earth (in this case, 20. this costs me 200G). i split the earth into crystalized, and then i spend about X*5 seconds to craft the rings/necklaces (in this case, 500, or a bit under 8 and a half minutes). i then look for a friendly enchanter. each of these rings give me about 1-2 infinite dust (worth 4-5G atm) or 1-2 lesser cosmic essences (sellable for 6-7G as lesser, or for about 16G as greater, but greater sells better), in a 75-22-3 (for small dream shard) ratio. 100 rings gives 75-80 infinite dust (goes for 300-400G), 20-25 lesser cosmic essence (120-175G, or around 120G if i deside to join them) and 22G for the small dream shards (if combined into one dream shard).

the blue gems (around 36-42 in total) give me on average 45G each. that is 1620-1890G. if i cut them, you can add a lot.

or you can look for a transmutation master, and turn these into epic gems, but then you also need to spend more money on the eternals and higher fees.

300+120+22+1620= 2,062G
    400+175+22+1890= 2,487G.

so between 2K and 2.5K for an investment of 800G, or a 250-300% RoI (return on investment, used to compare gold making techniques using the AH). some entrepreneurs would give their left arm for such a profit. and because these items are nearly always in demand (gems and enchanting mats are always good sellers), you can be almost sure to make a profit.