Poll: If their damage is the same, what DD would you bring to your raid?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Poll: The Hybrid Tax / Raidsupport

If their damage is the same, what DD would you bring to your raid?
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Re: Poll: The Hybrid Tax / Raidsupport

There's no vote for the one played by the best player with the best gear. If all the classes performed the same, that should be anyone's answer.

If you mean in terms of buffs and the such, I'd already have all those covered in the first like 8 raid spots, the rest would be filled with whoever is better players. This choice of which class to bring only matters if I have 1 raid spot left, and at that point I have all my raid buffs covered, so their DPS potential is all that matters.

My poll is not about player skill. Have you read the title?
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

If all buffs were accounted for I'd bring whoever. Bonus if I can stack people who don't share gear.

Otherwise we'd have to go down the list.
    2 Shaman
    3 Paladins
    1 Druid
    1 Mage
    1 Warlock
    1 Rogue
    1 Hunter
    1 Priest
    1 DK
    0 Warriors

Mmm class balance.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

You should probably remake the poll so we can vote for 2 or 3. Otherwise I think most people will vote Shaman for bloodlust/heroism and Paladin for kings.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

After covering all raidbuffs and having one shaman i would fill up with druids.
    Battlerez is awesome.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    If all buffs were accounted for I'd bring whoever. Bonus if I can stack people who don't share gear.

Otherwise we'd have to go down the list.
    2 Shaman
    3 Paladins
    1 Druid
    1 Mage
    1 Warlock
    1 Rogue
    1 Hunter
    1 Priest
    1 DK
    0 Warriors

Mmm class balance.
    this just shows how important some classes are, and... some just arent.

and ye, shamans and druid are op, they got ankh/br

Quote Originally Posted by zikenz
    and ye, shamans and druid are op, they got ankh/br
    Rogues are OP, they got instant poisons... let me say that again, instant poisons. Poisons that work instantly.
    A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...

Let me get this straight. The point of this poll is to see what single class a raid leader would stack if they could stack any one class? Or is the point of this poll to see which class a "raid leader" likes best in general?

This is clearly a troll post, but I'll respond nonetheless.

There's more to raiding than buffs or individual specials (like bloodlust, kings, mark of the wild, arcane intellect, spirit, battle res, etc). If you go about raiding with the mentality that you can zerg all fights and encounters, you're bound to fail. The fact is that many classes bring several things to the raid besides the aforementioned special abilities. You can't raid successfully (on content that matters) without interrupts, aoes, CCs, direct heals, preventative heals, mobile dps, sustained dps, aoe threat, survivability, etc. Stacking any one class is completely useless in a raid, and even if it turns out that some/most "raid leaders" prefer one class over others, they can't neglect all those other things that must be taken into consideration when forming a raid.

If there is an issue with class favoritism in raiding right now, you'd see all the big guilds stacking certain classes. You don't. In fact, most of those guilds have pretty diverse rosters.

Please, troll somewhere else.

The Poll up there is bad.
    I'd just do like melon says if all buffs are given and pick whoever moans first.

It all depends on the situation who to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    Let me get this straight. The point of this poll is to see what single class a raid leader would stack if they could stack any one class? Or is the point of this poll to see which class a "raid leader" likes best in general?
    He's just trying to prove that if "hybrids" did the same damage as "pures" that every raid leader would just bring all hybrids to, what, quadruple up on raid buffs? He didn't think it through very much, he's just some hunter who's bent that because he can't play his class well enough to beat a ret pally in damage that he thinks there's a problem with the game.

Shaman for Heroism is my first and Pally for kings is a close second.
    "If you don't have it, that's why you need it."

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky
    You should probably remake the poll so we can vote for 2 or 3. Otherwise I think most people will vote Shaman for bloodlust/heroism and Paladin for kings.
    You don't *need* heroism. We cleared Ulduar25 and almost all of the Ulduar10 hardmodes without a shaman. It's helpful, not a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderChunk
    Rogues are OP, they got instant poisons... let me say that again, instant poisons. Poisons that work instantly.
    yeah and it's not even poison, it should be called venom! dlc ftw
    WoW free since 8/10/09
    well i got stuck homesick with nothing to do pretty much and... for the sixth time, i started playing again.

15+ Year Old Account

This is a silly thread. Silly hybrids, silly pures. Go raid and pvp, stop making silly posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    After covering all raidbuffs and having one shaman i would fill up with druids.
    Battlerez is awesome.
    QFT
    "Peace is a lie"

First see what classes we got to see what bufs and benefit they give us, usually i choose a paladin cos i love the BoK and BoM, BoW is not all waste on us aswell (hunters)

I won't vote until I get a "Roll a dice" option.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderChunk
    So... its very fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Maneken
    So... its very fast?
    You missed the point. It's not just very fast. It's instant. Light travels at ~186,000 mp/s, even that's not instant.
    Using foolproof deductive reasoning:

Light is not instant.
    Rogues have instant poisons
    Therefore Rogues are faster than the speed of light and need to be nerfed.

Completely free of fallacies and 100% factual.
    A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...