Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Are heirloom items making me a twink?

Full WG heirlooms can help in SOME ways, but it doesn't make you a twink necessairly

Whats bullshit is they are talking about not allowing heirloom items to give the exp bonus from lvl 80-85, and adding new lvl 85 heirloom items instead. I didn't even think about the lvl 80 max limit on them until now, but the whole reason i bought one was for future leveling, and not leveling alts :P

Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    Whats bullshit is they are talking about not allowing heirloom items to give the exp bonus from lvl 80-85, and adding new lvl 85 heirloom items instead. I didn't even think about the lvl 80 max limit on them until now, but the whole reason i bought one was for future leveling, and not leveling alts :P
    Things can always change. Most players who are going from 80 - 85 are going to have at least 25 man ulduar quality gear by the time the new expac comes out, and the speed at which you can quest in that gear will dramatically dwarf the amount of extra XP the heirlooms give you in comparison, especially considering the quality of the heirlooms is comparable to lvl 80 blues.

But Blizzard could decide to make them scale up to level 85, and then players won't have to throw their old ones away. Heirlooms aren't called that because they are disposable. Other gear inherently gets replaced, but because it doesn't scale. It doesn't make sense to create gear that scales with level but stops at a certain point.

I am betting they will change their mind and allow the current heirlooms and w/e they come out with in 3.3 to scale with level up to 85, just to keep the design philosophy behind having them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchshot
    Full WG heirlooms can help in SOME ways, but it doesn't make you a twink necessairly
    You have to understand that in most cases heirlooms are better than any other option that used to exist for both twinks and non twinks. While I agree that the WG ones aren't that great, they are more oriented with level 80 pvp than low level pvp, it is the dalaran ones that are really good imo. At level 19/29/39 you don't have much resil to stack and it just isn't effective sacrificing other stats to get it on the WG ones. Just get the Dal ones since all your other gear at those levels for pvp is really just pve gear anyway.

But when you get them, and get the chest/weapons enchanted, you can definitely tell the difference between having them and not having them, so yes, I tend to think of them as making someone a twink. Anything that gives twinks an edge, right?

Any players that endeavor to give themselves an edge over others are twinks?

I guess my level 80 hunter is a twink, I guess every toon in the entire history of this game is one too, since people are always running instances for better gear.

I guess that 2500 rated rogue in the BG's you always run into is a twink too huh?
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator
    Any players that endeavor to give themselves an edge over others are twinks?

I guess my level 80 hunter is a twink, I guess every toon in the entire history of this game is one too, since people are always running instances for better gear.

I guess that 2500 rated rogue in the BG's you always run into is a twink too huh?
    When the most common anti twink sentiment becomes 'waaah I just got one shotted by X class who spent 249089345 gold and 2387 hours acquiring his gear' then yes, that is what twinking is. It's no longer defined by staying at a particular level just to pvp, it is no longer defined as only something a lowbie can do.

When you identify and condemn twinks as assholes because they have better gear than you which gives them an advantage, it is the gear disparity that defines who twinks are, and not their intentions or actions. If that is the case, then yes, any player who has ever sought to improve their gear could be categorized as twinks, even players at the level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous
    When the most common anti twink sentiment becomes 'waaah I just got one shotted by X class who spent 249089345 gold and 2387 hours acquiring his gear' then yes, that is what twinking is. It's no longer defined by staying at a particular level just to pvp, it is no longer defined as only something a lowbie can do.

When you identify and condemn twinks as assholes because they have better gear than you which gives them an advantage, it is the gear disparity that defines who twinks are, and not their intentions or actions. If that is the case, then yes, any player who has ever sought to improve their gear could be categorized as twinks, even players at the level cap.

That's the attitude I'm seeing, sadly. :/

Sorry, Paladins and Death Knights ruined level 80 pvp. Am I cool now that I'm whining about something too? I want to play the game I love and have fun, but can't because said two classes have broken Blizzard's design/balancing team for 80 pvp, so we twinks are here to stay.

Whether you see us in the XP leveling side of BG's, or the non XP side, we'll be there. We'll be there for levels 19, 29, 39, 49, 59, and any other x9 bracket you care to play in. We'll be there. We'll also be there when you finish your casual little 'pvp leveling to 80', and guess what? We'll be the ones in 1850-2200 rated gear, or the latest T9/10 raid gear, and we'll still be playing the game how WE want, to HAVE FUN, and your useless cries of hallelujah that twinks are gone will only rally the rest of you, who instead of seeing others improve their character to have fun, will instead cry that they're too powerful, annoying, jerks/assholes, and you know what?

We'll still be there, all the way. From levels 1-80. You may see less of us in different servers or level brackets, but we still play, and we'll STILL be the ones taking full advantage of the multitude of ways blizzard has provided to stomp YOUR sorry ass into the pavement in this COMPETITIVE GAME.

I'll leave whatever is left of this argument for now, as Ero and many others have already constructed themselves in a manner I'm proud to defend, while the opposing side has only the opinion of "It's not fun for me, so it's wrong."
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    The concept of twinking is making yourself as overpowered as possible, giving you an unfair advantage that is not to be overcome by your oponents. Just the BoA gear will only do so little, so technically you are far from a twink.
    Just listen to him, he's the biggest twinkfag on here, defending twinking as an "Artform" and actually thinking it's skillful. GO GO GADGET SKILLS.

AAAAaaaaaaaanywho. No it doesn't really make you a twink although they're pretty powerful in the low level BGs, they begin to become a little more equal when you get to BC and WOTLK, once you get to 78 when you can get to your PvP gear and farm bgs then.
    I've got about 600 stone keepers shards too so i'll just send them down so i'll have 2 peices of gear for pvp as soon as i reach 80 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed
    Just listen to him, he's the biggest twinkfag on here, defending twinking as an "Artform" and actually thinking it's skillful. GO GO GADGET SKILLS.

AAAAaaaaaaaanywho. No it doesn't really make you a twink although they're pretty powerful in the low level BGs, they begin to become a little more equal when you get to BC and WOTLK, once you get to 78 when you can get to your PvP gear and farm bgs then.
    I've got about 600 stone keepers shards too so i'll just send them down so i'll have 2 peices of gear for pvp as soon as i reach 80 ^^
    Non twinks are already complaining about BoA twinks in their BGs. So much for 'twinks being separated....'

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    The concept of twinking is making yourself as overpowered as possible, giving you an unfair advantage that is not to be overcome by your oponents.
    This.
    Ignore all the twinks comments, they're just "defending their honor".

Non twinks are already complaining about BoA twinks in their BGs. So much for 'twinks being separated....'
    Then they are stupid.
    For example the 39 Twinks, if you're wearing BoA items, you can't even use the best 35+ enchants on the gear.

But simply wearing BoA gear to BG's is FAR from twinking..

Quote Originally Posted by buugi
    This.
    Ignore all the twinks comments, they're just "defending their honor".
    Then answer me this:

Is it the advantage you gain from being 'overpowered' that makes it unfair? Or is any advantage unfair? If any advantage is deemed unfair, then it doesn't take being being as overpowered as possible to have an advantage.

Heirlooms provide an advantage, and thus are 'unfair' by your standards.

At level 39, BoA gear is better in most cases than regular gear, and the difference is substantial enough to make up for the difference between classic and TBC enchants.

Example:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19568 with +40 sp

or

with + 30 sp

The difference is that with the heirloom staff you are going to have +11 more crit rating, +30 more hp, + 5 more intellect, and + 21 more SP. You can't tell me that a 39 caster would be dumb for taking the heirloom with the Classic enchants over the PVP staff with TBC enchants.

Then you have stuff like the shoulders which can't take enchants anyway, and trinkets that can't take enchants anyway.

I use heirlooms (enchanted ofc) and do equal damage to twinks. So..

This is far from the truth buddy. Lemme ask you something. If you have the ability to go out into the real world after high school, go through college, get a good job, buy a house, a nice car, start a family, go on vacations yearly, live your life without debt, save up for your kid's college, retire and live without having to get a job, and die a happy person, does that mean your life was over powered?

Non twinks choose to be underpowered. They choose to ignore the way the game was designed to be. They somehow think that they are doing something wrong by twinking and then think that gives them the right to criticize other people who do twink.

Twink = a person who is in optimal gear and enchants. Nothing more. It isn't a matter of being over powered. It is a matter of eliminating the handicap that this game possesses when you first start. That is right, it is a handicap. Players who are in low quality gear and enchants are handicapped and in order to over come said handicap they need to get the best gear/enchants available.

So no, twinking is not about becoming as overpowered as possible. Just like being successful IRL isn't about becoming as overpowered as possible.

But to answer the OP's question: By taking BoA gear to level at a faster rate, you are practicing the philosophy of what twinks do. Does this make you a twink? Somewhat, yes. Does this mean that you are an optimal twink? Not in the least.
    HAHAHA WHAT THE hahaha what the hell? Are you on drugs? Are you comparing twinking with living a happy life? What a MORON hahahahahaha I mean common... you really can't be that stupid. This has nothing to do with wether I like or dislike twinking, but seriously comments like that... haha speachless... jikes. I can't stop laughing at how pathetic your post is Dream on buddy, dream on

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

To OP: Using account bound items doesn't make you a TWINK, is someone calls you a TWINK they either don't know what they are talking about or just jealous of your gear because it is vary nice gear to level with.

No, YOU don't care. But I am glad that you chose to speak for everyone who plays this game. Takes a lot of arrogance to do such a thing.

While we are on the subject, I just want to point out how humorous I find it that a lot of you people pretend that the 20 or so people posting anti twink sentiments in this thread, somehow accounts for the sentiments of everyone in the game. I don't pretend to speak for all twinks, why do you pretend to speak for all non twinks?
    Maybe you have missed it but most of the time TWINK is a derogatory name used on people who can't win in a fair fight. Witch it probably why the no-EXP (TWINK) battleground are empty, TWINKS really don't want a fair fight despite all the claims. The Original poster was concerned they would be seen as a Twinker and didn't want that stigma associated with they new charter.

You seem to think that TWINKS have some kind of majority or right to have a speedy que time. The same arguments could be made for Battle Ground Pre-Mades. Try jumping on your level 80 and getting a bunch of people together and getting in to a BG as a pre-made. Last time we did that we queued as a 15man group using the Blizzard System for EoTS, and played for 3+ hours in AB using an add-on to que us and NEVER got an AB match. Playing in Teams is at the vary core of BG's/PvP and blizzard and all but disabled that function because of people like you that think that max level game play is unbalance, broken or think its unfair for a Team to play a PUG.

The argument of Skill vs Gear is old topic, something you are not going to resolve and you badgering people by being condescending is not helping your plight. In fact it is the main reason people dislike self proclaimed "TWINKER" because they act like its so simple, it's not hard to do it, its the only way to play BG's and people who choose not to play them the same way as you are just stupid/lazy/<fill in blank>. You claim that you want to fight other twinks but you have also pointed out you will target and punish players who enter a BG as "*0" or "would have been killed by my non-twinks" this more then anything illustrates your clear point of view that the BG are only for people who wish to play by your perception of the rules.

The TWINKS that turn off EXP and choose to play other TWINKS are not the problem with the lower battle grounds. The problem people have with the people like you who will talk down to people who choose to play the game differently then your self. The people who yell and scream at other players because they are a level 24 in the BG's or get in to an argument about how they know more about twink gear and stroke them self's in a leangthy post on another twinks gear decisions.

You (and people JUST like you) are the problem with TWINKS. People like you are the reason they keep trying to separate TWINKS from the normal players more and more. The same way Blizzard has gone thou a lot of effort to separate the Arena players from the general population. The personality the draws people to TWINK or participate seriously in the arena system are generally self-centered, combative and destructive with a need for superiority. The only way you seem to find that is by giving your self an advantage pretending like its not that big of an advantage. Since its not that big of an advantage any "everyone can do it" your somehow superior to them because your better.

The best analogy i have herd for TWINKING goes like this...
    Twinks are like a 25y/o High School Student going back to the 6th grade so he can be the smartest and coolest kid in school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif
    The best analogy i have herd for TWINKING goes like this...
    Twinks are like a 25y/o High School Student going back to the 6th grade so he can be the smartest and coolest kid in school.
    This analogy fails just because there are some 25y/o High School Stundents that are not smarter or cooler than a 6th grade

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif
    To OP: Using account bound items doesn't make you a TWINK, is someone calls you a TWINK they either don't know what they are talking about or just jealous of your gear because it is vary nice gear to level with.

BoA items are as good or better than twink items. So having them would not make you a twink, even though you are essentially better geared than one.

Right......

And the BEST analogy for a twink vs non twink scenario is this:

Showing up for the Tour De France on a

while everyone else shows up on a

and then proceeds to call YOU a cheater and a poor sport.