Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: 3.2.2 Paladin Changes.

Did they change SoC in 3.2 to take the icd out of it so it "can" proc on all 4 Divine Storm hits? If so, this could be REALLY good for aoe trash

Quote Originally Posted by Malus Blackthorne
    Did they change SoC in 3.2 to take the icd out of it so it "can" proc on all 4 Divine Storm hits? If so, this could be REALLY good for aoe trash
    No idea, I'm prot...but the PTR is up, so go try it out =P
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyPala
    SoC the new trash seal. DS + SoC + 4 mobs = 12 seal procs.

Who else thinks this will be change 1 week before live or on the day it will go live ?
    I don't see why they'd nerf it, since SoC doesn't scale well with gear anyway. Should be a lot of fun to use on AoE trash of course. Then again its Blizzard after all, paladin day 1 hotfixes are a norm. :P
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Malus Blackthorne
    Except that there s no trash in ToC...

Quote Originally Posted by Dalariüs
    Except that there s no trash in ToC...
    Yeah, but there's not one, but TWO Jormungar worms! That counts for something, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    Yeah, but there's not one, but TWO Jormungar worms! That counts for something, right?
    There will be those two evil angel gals commin too!

wellsome1 will have to kill all those welp in ony raid :P

Quote Originally Posted by makak
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04

FIFTY DKP MINUS!

Quote Originally Posted by makak
    (going OT for just a second since I doubt the thread will pick up until tomorrow)
    Who's to say that there will be whelps? here's how I see the fight:

You enter, you're immediately greeted by a black Onyxia with a green crystal in her chest, "Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but Fear Ward was only a set back!" She will then rise up into the air immediately and summon not one, but 300 Jormungar worms who will only attack 1 at a time. They will cast a debuff every 5 seconds making your tank and OT taunt. They each have 50,000 health on 10 man, but have 50% damage reduction once you get them to 25,000. After you down them all, Onyxia will cast a chain deep breath that drains mana, rage, energy, and runic power - forcing you to auto-attack the 10 shades of Hogger that will pop up with every deep breath (they only have 1000 health each). After about 3 minutes of this, she turns into El Pollo Grande, the Black Chicken of Death. You will have to tank and spank the rest of the fight, at which point she will drop a single tier 2 helm with all Spell Penetration and Arcane Resistance.

What is the point in this thread?

Prot pallys are OP on multi target tanking, so you will be nerfed (slightly). Any good tank has to watch his threat generation and use taunt at the right moment and if he has bad dps playing its a problem, but not one soley for prot pallys.

Your touched by the light talent made you a more powerful healer than a holy paladin in the same gear, so you will be nerfed.

The stun was a bit OP due to the really low cd so it will be nerfed, again only slightly.

You are being nerfed in the things that you are OP in. How is that unfair :S
    Btw this is coming from a pally!!!

OP: You mentioned that it shouldn't be the dps's job to watch their threat, the tank should just do more. Have you done Hodir with dps who don't fail? I play with one of the best tanks on our server and he never has an issue even when the mages and locks have tons more threat. Seriously, i don't play a tank but even i know if you taunt when they over aggro and get them to soulshatter/mirror image/salv/fade ect. You get your buffer back. L2Vent!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidie
    Im not quite sure what blizzard's intentions are with SoC this patch actually. All the DPS sheet's point to SoV being king, except on trash where righteousness fairs better. This change just mean's people will use SoC for trash instead of righteousness, which i don't totally get.

And you are complaining that we are getting an even better seal for trash / quick kills?

Lolwut?

If ANYTHING complain that this is hardly a PvP buff for it.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account

Seal of Command: This ability now chains to strike up to 2 additional targets when it is triggered by an attack.

so like white hits, CS and DS will trigger 2 additional attacks next to the target ret already has. this seems like a nice change imo.
    now just pump up the judgement dmg a bit and im happy with the seal.

and i agree that prot healers where OP. they needed a nerf. 30sec silence, 20sec stun and insane healing.

Reducing paladin's threat is a better way of dealing with the issue of too much threat. Buffing everyone else's threat would be harder, as well as poor game design. This game is easy enough as is, we don't need tanks having perma-aggro as soon they toss a shield. That's just not fun.

And as for the bragging rights comments, cut it please? Whining that you aren't 30% higher on aggro than any other tank anymore makes you sound kind of like a douche. I'm not saying you're a douche, but you're speaking Douchenese.

Prot paladains are currently the best tanks, and with Prothealers running around, it reminds me of the Enhancement shammies back when, running around in elemental gear and raping face.

That's like a melee hunter out dps'ing one using a gun. Not. Right.

About the threat of other tanks: It's pretty annoying to be forced to tank on Thorim, because our Warriors/Dks just can't keep threat AT ALL, while I am almost able to faceroll P1 (96969 with some taunts added !_!).

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    Seal of Command: This ability now chains to strike up to 2 additional targets when it is triggered by an attack.

so like white hits, CS and DS will trigger 2 additional attacks next to the target ret already has. this seems like a nice change imo.
    I wonder if this will be like the Vanilla Sweeping strikes with DS (Insta kill on the main target ).

Quote Originally Posted by Amandi
    And as for the bragging rights comments, cut it please? Whining that you aren't 30% higher on aggro than any other tank anymore makes you sound kind of like a douche. I'm not saying you're a douche, but you're speaking Douchenese.
    They're my friends...how does bragging to them in a joking manner make me a douche?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy
    What is the point in this thread?
    To discuss the changes made to Paladins. It more or less says it in my first post. That being said, what was the point in your post?

The SoC change looks nice, however it seems a little unclear, also it doesn't fix the part where 'Judgments dont do shit for damage'. Its like their trying to make it look good but continue to shit all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amandi
    I'm not saying you're a douche, but you're speaking Douchenese.
    I'm saying if you're that far ahead, the threat nerf shouldn't really affect you're ability to tank. Good tanks will still keep threat. If this nerf makes you scared or otherwise unsure of your threat gen not being good enough, work on your game?

If not, this is just putting paladins back closer to the other tanks, the same way DK tanking was nerfed in 3.2. Good tanks will still be good tanks, so it's all good.

the command change will be nice for pve, but near useless for anything pvp except battlegrounds.
    prot can deal with the threat nerf and still easily hold threat. and, lets be honest, that str instead of stam is literally best case scenario for the holy-tank nerf.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Maxyo
    The SoC change looks nice, however it seems a little unclear, also it doesn't fix the part where 'Judgments dont do shit for damage'. Its like their trying to make it look good but continue to shit all over it.
    your judgment doesnt have to do anything if you DS and get 12 seal procs.

I can see me dieing on trash a lot if this works the way i read it as working.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    Just a threat to discuss the changes (or lack of) to Paladins in 3.2.2.

I guess I'll start out...I'm, of course, not happy with the nerf to Prot Paladins. Mainly because I'm certain that it won't stop the complaining. I also can't help but feel that Blizzard epic failed at changing Touched by the Light...and had to pick one of the few ways to change it that nerfed PVE raiding.

(And thanks for nerfing our interupt, as it was really overpowered. No, really, it was. 40 seconds was insane and it was a necessary change.)
    Disguising a QQ in a discuss thread doesn't make it a discuss thread. Say it as it is. You saw the changes, without thinking too much about them, you made this post. After, realized it's not that bad. You gotta accept you failed there, not answer everyone who doesn't understand why you QQed, like if you were right from the start.