Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

FOK nerf needed??

imo yes..we ended up being the ultimate AOE and single target DPS machine.

but -30% imo is far too much

i think a -10% would suffice + not being able to use FOK while blade flurry is active

any1 else agrees?

Re: FOK nerf needed??

the nerf was to make someone not want to use the ability in PvP. -10% and it would still be used. 20-25% probaly could have been okay.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    the nerf was to make someone not want to use the ability in PvP. -10% and it would still be used. 20-25% probaly could have been okay.
    u mean combat rogues not be albe to interrupt.... yes..combat rogues were rocking the high ratings amirite?:P
    it neverwas used as a DMG ability but a spread poison or destealth mechanic by assasination rogues

FoK spamming rogues in 2k+ rating (talking about 3v3) Something isn't right there. So Imo it was needed.

For Pve, I don't know, aoe dps is mostly for trash only so I don't care about it.

tbh who cares about the 30% damage nerf, its not like you all compete for highest spot on the trash...

altho I've hit 26K aoe dps in ulduar, roflpops, I'll only be able to do 18.5k now =(

anywyas, the worst part of it is the removal of the interupt.. was a nice addidtion if we didnt have a lot of melee on we had a combat rogue specced into this for interupting adds on yogg, or for vezax

as a rogue i agree the damage nerf was needed, but the interupt remove is just silly

i guess its based on gonig into BG's and spamming it prevengint people from casting more than anyhting, cos this game is centered around BG's amirite?

take away the spell locking and it will be fine, its 50 energy so cant be spammed too often anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    about what class to play, i see players here are giving advices:
    mage - i donno how it's high lvl but my mage of lvl 30 is with a lot of downtime for mana(mages are like irish warriors, drink fight and drink and fight)

Quote Originally Posted by arxidia
    imo yes..we ended up being the ultimate AOE and single target DPS machine.

but -30% imo is far too much

i think a -10% would suffice + not being able to use FOK while blade flurry is active

any1 else agrees?
    Put it this way... hunters volley was never as powerful as fan of knives was and volley also took a 30% damage nerf. Volley actually had to be targetted too unlike FOK.... so if the volley nerf was fair than this nerf to FOK is the absolute minimum that should have been done.

They also nerfed volley within a week or 2 unlike FOK which has been left OP for months.

15+ Year Old Account

Just a suggestion, if people really feel there are alternate ways of "fixing" the spell lockout problem in
    Arena, the overpowered damage from aoe, etc.

go to the PTR forums and write a well thought out, constructive post about your way of fixing it.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Impurath
    FoK spamming rogues in 2k+ rating (talking about 3v3) Something isn't right there. So Imo it was needed.

For Pve, I don't know, aoe dps is mostly for trash only so I don't care about it.
    Highest Rogue on my RP, played it in 2's, 3's and 5's. Got to ~2,4k, 2,8k and 2k with it.

oh noes not my sweet fok!
    i love this skill. they shouldve nerfed it long ago, now im used to it too much -.-

Insanely OP FoK teams like this http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info.x...=Pokemon+Ranch are the reason why the interrupt had to be removed, although blizzard brought this on themselves by making rogues not viable in 5's unless they are FoK specced. The 30% damage nerf though I feel was overdoing it. I could understand a 10-15% nerf on the damage to bring it back down to the range of Warlocks, Mages, and Hunters....but to me the 30% nerf is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Thefates
    Here's an idea: Leave PvE alone.
    You wanna take the interrupt out of FoK, fine totally ok with that, but do it in ARENAS where it actually matters. It's a very useful mechanic in raiding and I'm sick of WoW having to be "balanced" because of some gimmick builds for whofuckingcaresarena.
    When you zone into an arena fight, you abilities change. FoK can't interrupt, prot palis SP is based on Str, etc...
    Just balance the game the same way you do engineering items, by having them NOT work or half work in arenas

LEAVE
    PVE
    ALONE

(side note: 30% = too much...15-20% I'd be cool with even in PvE)

is all you do in pve spam fok? seems like that would be bad... also i am glad that they nerfed this... i have played it before and am finally admitting it but i hated playing it because i felt like a scrub (but what else can you do in 5s when rogues get killed in less than a global?)
    At least in pvp the only reason i use fok is to apply poison to them if they are out of range of melee sooo i don't really care about damage nerf [=
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

Fan of Knives
    50 Energy
    Instant
    Requires Melee Weapon
    Instantly throw both weapons at all targets within 8 yards, causing 150% weapon damage with daggers, and 100% weapon damage with all other weapons.  Causes 30% less damage versus Players.

Throwing Specialization Rank 2
    Increases the range of Throw and Deadly Throw by 4 yards and gives your Deadly Throw and Fan of Knives abilities a 100% chance to interrupt the target for 3 sec.  Does not affect Players.

#Fans of Knives is no longer affected by Blade Flurry.

I'd like to see that one. Blizzard really need to make PvE and PvP more distinct, since they can't balance both around eachother.

rogues were just going adrenaline rush + FoK spam in arena, it was not intended so it got removed so yeah it was needed, spam FoK as long as you still can plox
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Yes

Arena Master and LK10HC realm first.
    Plougløl - Skullcrusher 85 Elemental Shaman

So as a non-rogue player, my opinion is the following. (And it is a PVE point of view, not PvP)

To start, melee classes were given an AoE ability for the solely reason that they have to do something an AoE fights. At that time is also was stated that melee AoE should never top the AoE of the ranged classes.

As it currently stands, FoK is by far the most overpowered AoE.
    It can interrupt casts, it applies poison and you don't have to stand still to use it.
    Every caster is rooted by their AoE, and blizzard is so only one with an slow effect.

So why should FoK be the top dps AoE, while you happily can move around, appily things like slow poison or mind numbing poison? And that with Casters that -should- be the top AoE damage dealers.

So get over it. It was never meant to be the top AoE spell. And neither were the AoE abilities of other melees.

I played FoK spec in Arena in 5's, got to 2k with it. It's incredibly boring and brainless, sort of a one trick pony spec. Switched to mutilate, now we're close to 2300.

Removing the interrupt effect breaks the pvp spec. If you don't interrupt with it, healers can heal through it just fine, and DPS can CC you while you're doing it.

The 30% damage nerf is overkill IMO. It's a strictly PVE nerf to rogue in bosses with AoE phases since the interrupt change had already made the PVP spec not viable.

This change was needed, although my dps on trash will go down alot ;<

FoK isn't as powerful in terms of damage. It's when it gets pared with power CDs such as AR (100% more energy regen) and Blade Flurry (hit double up with FoK) it pulls those sick numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    So as a non-rogue player, my opinion is the following. (And it is a PVE point of view, not PvP)

To start, melee classes were given an AoE ability for the solely reason that they have to do something an AoE fights. At that time is also was stated that melee AoE should never top the AoE of the ranged classes.

As it currently stands, FoK is by far the most overpowered AoE.
    It can interrupt casts, it applies poison and you don't have to stand still to use it.
    Every caster is rooted by their AoE, and blizzard is so only one with an slow effect.

So why should FoK be the top dps AoE, while you happily can move around, appily things like slow poison or mind numbing poison? And that with Casters that -should- be the top AoE damage dealers.

So get over it. It was never meant to be the top AoE spell. And neither were the AoE abilities of other melees.
    100% agree. I'm still not convinced it should even proc poison but whatever.

Let me start off by saying I don't have a rogue. As far as FoK being used in PvP I couldn't give an opinion because I stopped PvPing when WOTLK came out.

As far as PvE goes, the damage nerf is understandable. I thought it was cool when Blizzard gave rogues an aoe personally. I mean, why the hell not? Lets give every class in this game the same ability but call it something else with a different animation and call it a day, am I right???? Well if your going to do that the the damage should be on par with the other aoe spells in this game.

When I think aoe damage, I think a mage. Maybe I'm just biased but from all the old school warcraft games, diablo, etc. in my mind, mages/sorceresses are the aoe gods. So what am I supposed to think when I'm clearing Sarth25 trash, and a PoM+Flamestrike coupled with an Arcane Power+Icy Veins+Trinket+Mana Gem (w/ the tier 7.5 proc) and pulling somewhere inbetween 5-6k dmg with borderline agro, and some fucking rogue is down there spamming FoK pulling 8-9k????? Given the rogue was slightly better geared than me, that's just a fucking joke. I expected the rogue to be dead after something like that but no. This continued throughout the rest of the instance.

So yea your probably saying, "Its just trash, who cares?" Honestly I don't really care. But if Blizz wants to nerf FoK by 30% I completely understand why.