Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Typhoon-Changes with 3.2.2.....

I know this will be quite the QQ-post... but I didn't read it anywhere else and I do think that it has to be said.

Typhoon: The knockback distance from this spell has been increased to match Thunderstorm.
    So... I think I heard somewhere that Moonkins are pretty weak in Arena right now. (don't PvP much)
    And therefore they need buffs, as those 15% less magic damage taken or the increased knockback distance on Typhoon... But here's what I can't really understand....

Why the f*ck is a 41-point talent that much stronger than elemental 51-pointer?
    It has 20! second CD, knocks back the same distance AND dazes for 3 sec.
    It's also got 30 yards range... compared to our 12 yards...
    Yes, it does cost mana and TS gives mana back... but that would only be a point if we'd have mana issues, which we don't. Not even without using TS at all.

So... how will Blizz deal with that...?
    I mean... 3.2.2 Typhoon is FAR superior to Thunderstorm. Way lower CD, bigger range and Daze.

Your thoughts?

Re: Typhoon-Changes with 3.2.2.....

Thunder is aoe.

Typhoon is Cone effect and quite often innacurate.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    I know this will be quite the QQ-post... but I didn't read it anywhere else and I do think that it has to be said.
    So... I think I heard somewhere that Moonkins are pretty weak in Arena right now. (don't PvP much)
    And therefore they need buffs, as those 15% less magic damage taken or the increased knockback distance on Typhoon... But here's what I can't really understand....

Why the f*ck is a 41-point talent that much stronger than elemental 51-pointer?
    It has 20! second CD, knocks back the same distance AND dazes for 3 sec.
    It's also got 30 yards range... compared to our 12 yards...
    Yes, it does cost mana and TS gives mana back... but that would only be a point if we'd have mana issues, which we don't. Not even without using TS at all.

So... how will Blizz deal with that...?
    I mean... 3.2.2 Typhoon is FAR superior to Thunderstorm. Way lower CD, bigger range and Daze.

Your thoughts?
    dude... stfu

oh and if i remember right you can use thunderfuck while stunned.. looks pretty op to me

I just want Blizzard to change the mechanic so you actually get height.
    What really pisses me off is when there is a slight slope in the terrain and the player only fly's back a few yards.

Thunderstorm gives us mana also :/

Quote Originally Posted by Helansin
    Thunder is aoe.

Typhoon is Cone effect and quite often innacurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    What really pisses me off is when there is a slight slope in the terrain and the player only fly's back a few yards.
    Same.
    Tho I don't really use Typhoon much since my Druid is feral, but knocking people off Flying Mounts would be a bit easier. :a

ITT:
    I'd take Thunderstorm over Typhoon.
    Hi

Typhoon is an amazing spell when used right, but it takes more effort to use it effectively than Thunderstorm. Increasing the range on knockback increases the usefulness of the spell, it's a sweet buff. Boomkins def. needed a little help in the pvp department, and hopefully this combined with the -15% dmg in stuns'll make at least a small impact.

As was mentioned though, the spell currently provides very little height knockback - so typhooning into a ramp or hill doesn't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    If only it was kept like this. I loved the umbrella effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4olBl4mWLc8

Quote Originally Posted by Nest
    Same.
    Tho I don't really use Typhoon much since my Druid is feral, but knocking people off Flying Mounts would be a bit easier. :a

ITT:
    I'd take Thunderstorm over Typhoon.
    On the whole knocking people off mounts thing......

A shaman has to have a plan of how to survive, Druids typhoon and shift back to flight form. If I were on a PvP server that might piss me off.

So yes typhoon alone may be underpowered as a stand alone spell vs Thinderstorm but, couple that with the instant flight makes it OP in Outland or Northrend for PvP purposes.

typhoon- higher damage
    cone
    shorter cooldown
    dazes

thunderstorm- pb aoe
    mana regen
    usable while stunned

i play a druid but i still kindof agree with op

My guess is they'll remove the daze. I was initally put in to prevent the person you pushed to be right back on you before the global cooldown to use it was up. Now that the distance it pushes is further I wouldn't be suprised to see them remove the daze.

Not only this...

Look at Feral change: they have 20% per combo point to make their next nature spell an instant cast.
    For FUCK SAKE!!! They are laughing at Enhance's Maelstrom weapon now!

Because why?
    1. Feral stacks combo points easily,
    2. he's 100% guaranteed to stack 5 of them, 5 points give them 100% cast time reduction,
    3. they don't have any f...ing time limitation,
    4. combo points cannot be disspelled FFS
    5. He can stack the points on multiple targets!!!!

I was like WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE THINKING!!!

They should fix Maelstrom for PvP!!! It's a huge kick in the face for enhancement shaman!

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kumcio
    Not only this...

Look at Feral change: they have 20% per combo point to make their next nature spell an instant cast.
    For FUCK SAKE!!! They are laughing at Enhance's Maelstrom weapon now!

Because why?
    1. Feral stacks combo points easily,
    2. he's 100% guaranteed to stack 5 of them, 5 points give them 100% cast time reduction,
    3. they don't have any f...ing time limitation,
    4. combo points cannot be disspelled FFS

I was like WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE THINKING!!!

They should fix Maelstrom for PvP!!! It's a huge kick in the face for enhancement shaman!
    They have to switch outta form in order to use the heal, which uses an extra GCD and makes the druid SUPER-VULNERABLE for that short period of time.

But yeah, they should make MsW undispellable, or atleast give it some dispell resist.

About Typhoon change... Well, as someone allready said, they will prolly remove the daze effect.

they need to lower thunderstorm's cd if they are doing this and need to give maelstrom despell resistance and stack up to 10 times

Quote Originally Posted by Kumcio

Feral combo points stack on mulitple targets? O.o
    BY SARONITE BE PURGED!
    I have... 80 rogue. 2 80 DK's. 80 Shaman. 4 80's makes me pro amirite?

no they can't and the majority of the time, you dont have a 5 stack of combo points considering you have like 6 things to monitor

as stupid as it sounds atleast thunderstorm has a use in PvE it can restore mana a druid has no reason the spec typhoon for Pve well so i know of, boomkins don't even have a slow we have a 3-6 CD frostshock which with pvp gloves can have a 30 yard range, where the hell is a druids slow on that short of a cooldown. come to think of it i haven't seen a druid Entangling roots a player in ages :P

What blizzard is failing to do is give Boomkins the utility they need to counter alot of class's

plz give them more mechanics to beat a caster, there is nothing worse then the feeling where you cannot kill a healer cause you don't have the utility to stop it in its tracks for even a second

To complain about a class that can't stun can't itrupt is an instant kill target free hp for every class is just silly boomkins did need this I think they even need more . We have a lot more utility against every class than a boomkin .
    You wanna qq about somthing how about giving ts a disarm afect every melee class is righ back on us when we use it in a matter of a gcd

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn
    They have to switch outta form in order to use the heal, which uses an extra GCD and makes the druid SUPER-VULNERABLE for that short period of time.

But yeah, they should make MsW undispellable, or atleast give it some dispell resist.

About Typhoon change... Well, as someone allready said, they will prolly remove the daze effect.
    Its not the heal dude that OP. Its the instant cast cyclone, root or sleep, that will be so op. Imagine 2 ferals duelign each other lol.

PLus they can healthemslevs for alot. I know druids with all there coldowns that take 0 damage have 70k hp and are heal themselves for 28k as well. I dont think they will use the instant cast spell to heal