Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Wintergrasp "Exploit"

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    /facepalm

If they're out of range, how are they supposed to hit you exactly? Oh, right. You just shot yourself in the foot. Don't talk to me about "losing on the interwebz" if you're not gonna at least apply some logic to your own arguements.
    ok the DK tried to make this stupid simple,but u seem to boast with stupidity
    Death Grip Range is 35 yards
    Hunter auto attack is 41
    now asuming u missed general school math - u probably did -41 > 35 leaving a "range gap"

U just asked for this...really
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by SirLancelittle
    In 3.2 you can fly in Wintergrasp (not during the battle but still). As a result it is extremely easy to fly and land on the top of the Wintergrasp walls prior to the battle.
    You could easily get up there pretty easily before 3.2, too. Simply fly in from Icecrown and aim for the building.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Let me break it down into small words for you:

Bad Guy Stand On Wall.
    Bad Guy Hit From Far.
    You Go Other Way.
    Bad Guy Can't Do Shit.

I used a contraction there, so you might have some difficulty with that last one.

I mean, really, who cares if you are a mele class or not, just stay out of range of the wall campers and they are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd

Bad Guy Stand On Wall.
    Bad Guy Hit From Far.
    You Go Other Way.
    Bad Guy Can't Do Shit.

I used a contraction there, so you might have some difficulty with that last one.

I mean, really, who cares if you are a mele class or not, just stay out of range of the wall campers and they are useless.
    so...then how do u get inside?

Bad Guy Stand On Wall.
    Bad Guy Hit From Far.
    You Go Other Way.
    Bad Guy Can't Do Shit.

this

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089
    They are out of YOUR range because your melee and THEY are ranged, you see in wow there are certain classes that have only MELEE abilities that can only reach within 5 yards, and their are RANGED classes that have abilities that can reach up to 30 - 40 yards and this is what allows these ranged classes to be out of your range and still kill you.
    Don't DK's have a 30yd ability that drags people to them? Pull them off the tower and they can't get back up until next battle...

I understand for warriors/rogues/pallies, but they should driving the machines then. Let the ranged classes kill/pull enemies off the walls and ta-da, problem over.

Honestly Blizzard should just boot everyone out of Wintersgrasp when the queueing process begins, then no one can fly and it's fixed, but no sense is arguing that on here. Goto the WoW Forums and alert teh bluez.

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    so...then how do u get inside?
    Perhaps through one of the 25 other breakable walls in the keep?

Perhaps through one of the 25 other breakable walls in the keep?
    Don't over exaggerate... You know there's only 24 walls...

I bet 100 gold that the guy that posted this plays retri paladin

So let me get this straight....you as alliance out number the horde and instead of avoiding the group standing on the wall by going to a different entrance of the wall, you bang your heads against trying to out dps the wall right underneath the group? Intelligent to say the least....

Gwyni will henceforth be known as Meanie, Bringer of Tautologies

tbh i dunno how u lose no matter what?
    what keeps u from paradropping from Icecrown a whole raid and own the hordes no matter what from INSIDE O.o

I love all the shit-talking trolls, L2P NOOB, USE LOGIC KTHXBYE, and all that other intrawebz tuff-guy BS when all the OP did was post about a legitimate exploit in WG.

All that back-and-forth, about DK's range / Hunter's Range / DG NOOB / DB Doesn't Work Idiot / get off the wall, noob! / Um, the point is to destroy the walls? / Pick a DIFFERENT wall then LAWLZ / Yur a Ret / Nou U R!! ...

...Irrelevant, doesn't change jacksh!t about the fact that people DPSing from an inaccessible platform is an exploit. And it doesn't change the fact that Tenacity can exacerbate that exploit really badly.

Anyways, it's like that other guy said, OP would probably be better off posting about this in a constructive place where a Blue might see it. Post it here and all you're going to get is trolled by asshats.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannaf
    tbh all I can say is
    pwn'd
    /thread
    k
    Banned.

If you think this is bad in WG, try IOC... THe mechanics of that BG make it an easy HK farm for locks. (damn you!!!!) hehe

@ OP

How sad that you cant just faceroll victory and keep VoA for yourself all week.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralio
    @ OP

This.

You said yourself that horde couldn't manage to win because you outnumber them. Now you cry because they found a way to have WG sometimes?

You are quite pathetic.

I bet 100 gold that the guy that posted this plays retri paladin
    ide go one farther and wager hes a human with goku hair

Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    This.

You said yourself that horde couldn't manage to win because you outnumber them. Now you cry because they found a way to have WG sometimes?

You are quite pathetic.
    this.

On my server we have the opposite problem. Not sure what is happening but we used to have WG 50/50. Now horde seem to keep it 75 percent of the time. Not sure what happened, but it sure does suck losing (well not me but alliance in general) WG 4 times in a row on O :-[

But then again that is just QQ so i mean who cares! ;D
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

15+ Year Old Account

Rule #1 If your alliance you are NOT allowed to call Bullshit without getting bitched at by a bunch of Horde players who think they're the greatest.

As far as Tenacity goes Blizz has to fix it, it's nothing we can fix. They need to have more active realm transfers to balance factions.

Whether or not its an 'exploit' will be up to Blizzard to decide. And to be getting that high of tenacity, as others have mentioned, would have to be roughly 100 vs 5. Do you know what tenacity IS? Its to make those 5 as strong as 100.

So, lets see if we can do this. 100 vs 100. Who wins? Whoever has the advantage. In this case, being on "top" of a wall, gives them the advantage = they win.

In this case though, 100 people vs 5 people have the power of overwhelming numbers. And unless all 5 of those players are on top of a wall, AND are all ranged, AND all at each different poitn of attacking, you move your attacking force to go -AROUND- them. And you win!

Either way, I'd have to agree with Narit. We (as horde) have had roughly a 75-90% uptime on WG the last week or so while i've been dungeon running. Bought the mammoth a few days ago (lol waste, i cant get into damned buildings on that tall mother fucker) and im already back up to 200 WG shards. And I only do a few heroics a night.