Page 16 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle
    Someone is wrong. Either mmo-champion or something awful. Because they are reporting two different stories for the goblins.
    Don't see the contradiction, since Deathwing looks to be behind the cataclysm. They run from Deathwing, they are ravaged by the cataclysm and hit the Horde shores.

Garrosh Kills Cairne. The Tauren(Baine particularly) Get pissed off! Baine Declares The Tauren will no longer be part of such a Bloodthirsty Horde(or something similar) vowing revenge for the death of Cairne. Later Befriend the Night Elves more so than ever, Join the Alliance. Alliance get another tall race!

Dwarves finally get fed up with the Racism of the humans and the complete Disregard for their efforts from Varian, Dwarves renounce the alliance and something happens between them and the horde, they join the horde! Horde gets a short race!
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

IRONFORGE AIRPORT OPEN TO THE MASSES!

On a side note, I remember someone posted this screen shot somewhere before
    http://i44.tinypic.com/ztzor9.jpg
    It's The globes in Halls of lightning and as you can see Kalimdor is pretty much split in half. hintidy hinty hint?

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Hallelujah Brother! ;D

I really like the Azerothian revamp idea. And would love to see something torn in half, flooded and wrecked. I mean, I loved the content, but after I was done with it I didn't go back unless I had a character to level up. Kalimdor and EK needs an extreme makeover.

But the idea of the class combinations are just totally BS. C'mon..Dwarf Mage, Tauren Priest...enough of this, I hope this idea haven't caught their (Blizzard's) attention.

Flying in Azeroth - Well I kinda expected something like this, if you take a look on Stormwind Keep you'll see it's starting to become a 3D building, not that poor 2D backround it used to be, so they must be cooking something.

Ah well, guess we'll have to wait for BlizzCon for some annnouncements.

I am loving this HARDCORE i really hope this is true because from a me being a warcraft lore fanatic i am SUPER SUPER SUPER HAPPY

All this QQ is just stupid,

What is not awesome about this, dont get it...

You dont get bored of tauren druids, nelf druids...jeez

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zebraz
    On a side note, I remember someone posted this screen shot somewhere before
    http://i44.tinypic.com/ztzor9.jpg
    It's The globes in Halls of lightning and as you can see Kalimdor is pretty much split in half. hintidy hinty hint?
    Yep, that's the globe I was talking about.

somehow i see it going like this, a longass questline starting in icecrown and ending with the cataclysm happening during the final siege on icecrown, we finish off arthas and then go to our next bit of business, the now torn asunder world.

Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

Someone posted earlier that Orc warlocks don't make sense. I felt the need to register just to correct you.

Orc warlocks have been a part of Warcraft since the very first Warcraft game in 1994. It was the Orc warlocks (who had previously been Shaman) who opened the Dark Portal to invade Azeroth. Gul'dan? Ner'zhul? The Shadow Council? Ring any bells?

Truth of the matter is, most of the new race/class combos make perfect sense, although they won't to people who don't bother to read any of the quests or follow-up on any of the lore.

Human Hunter - self-explanatory.
    Night Elf Mage - Read about the Night Elf Highborne, who were responsible for bringing Sargeras and the Burning Legion to Azeroth in the first place.
    Blood Elf Warrior - Already exist in-game as NPCs and, more importantly, warriors are the bread-and-butter of any civilization.
    Undead Hunter - Nathanos Blightcaller. Moreover, if undead were humans in their forever lives, stands to reason they remember their hunting abilities.
    Tauren Paladin and Tauren Priest - Makes perfect sense. The Tauren believe in An'she, the sun god and the right eye of the Earthmother; current druids follow Mu'sha, or Elune if you're a Night Elf. So the Tauren are going to start rejecting their beliefs in Mu'sha and reclaim their faith in An'she - as already seen in the new quest released in patch 3.2, that starts from the Druid standing outside the Horde building in Dalaran.
    Gnome Priest - no reason they can't be a priest.
    Troll Druid - already are Troll druids in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman that we fought.

I don't know a specific lore reason for orc and dwarf mages, but I doubt it's as far fetched as some people are making it out to be.

Overall, I'm very excited for the expansion if this turns out to be true. The only thing I'm having trouble chewing is Thrall as the new Guardian of Tirisfal - especially considering the new WoW comic series is building Med'an up to be the new Guardian. And I have serious doubts Thrall would leave control of the Horde he built in Garrosh's hands, who has proven time and time again that he is full of rage and a bad leader. Thrall is not that dumb and I hope that particular part is proven wrong.

A huge amount of far fetched info and zero support for any of it. Seems like MMO has joined all the other "news" sites. Posting anything that will draw in readers and make the site money. Extremely sad.

While I would indeed love a lot of the changes mentioned, most of it goes against a lot of what Blizzard has been pushing for recently.

Not to mention what is suggested would take a huge amount of resources to do, which we know they don't have. You can claim all you want redoing the old content wouldn't take much, fact stands that Blizzard themselves have admitted it would take a lot. Even more so if you think they are going to be using the phase engine. Flooding and destroying full areas? That would force a remake of all quests in that area or removal and replacement.

This site is going down hill. Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    Explain then - how a race, able to use fel, cannot use arcane? What restricts them from doing so?
    The corruption of Kil'jaeden.

Honestly, read "Rise of the Horde", "Tides of Darkness" and "Beyond the Dark Portal". They are good reads!
    Like the phoenix, rising from the flames...so shall this epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire & flight. This is a night of transcendance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    We've killed Old Gods, Corrupted Dragon Flights, The Burning Legion and even killed one of their leaders (archimonde)..

But hey.. watch out for those zombies.. they bite.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle
    Someone is wrong. Either mmo-champion or something awful. Because they are reporting two different stories for the goblins.
    You noticed that too huh? I don't really know what to make of the SA post, but i believe there's room for the Goblin events to work along side what's been posted. Neither excludes the other really, it's likely both parties recieved only half the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    And party all night long with the Shatterspear Trolls.

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in some of this, seems sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreldin
    Someone posted earlier that Orc warlocks don't make sense. I felt the need to register just to correct you.

WTS 1 [Sarcasm Detector].
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

lol @ the nerd QQ

I hope this is true (along with some more surprises).

EPIC! About time MMOs change their expansion routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaosthief
    The corruption of Kil'jaeden.

Honestly, read "Rise of the Horde", "Tides of Darkness" and "Beyond the Dark Portal". They are good reads!
    No, don't beat around the bush, directly tell me - what blocks an orc from using arcane magic?
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    While it may not be a serious news website, a lot of people look to this site for WoW news, therefor they have a responsibility to be accurate on that. Then again, when a majority of your readers can barely comprehend the news that is posted and cries at every nerf or change it probably doesn't matter. The point is that any respectable news website, regardless of what type of news that is, should hold themselves responsible for posting accurate information and not just dribble that anyone can find on the web.
    They have no duty ... implied, legal, or otherwise ... to assume the "responsibility" you would force on them. People should be able to come here, read what is being said, and make up their own minds if it has creditability or not. mmo-champions.com should not have to babysit anyone because they tear up every time a piece of information is posted about their addiction. It is absurd to treat this website, a video game website that does not publicly proclaimed itself as any serious news outlet, as such. Especially given this website's proven track record of pulling this sort of thing and then being proven accurate very shortly afterward. The suggestion is completely asinine.
    Fanboy (fan·boy) -noun

1. Individual characterized by refusal to apply similar judgment to a specific product or service they apply to all other products and/or services similar in nature. (ex. first impressions, expectation of quality, expedience of improvement and/or solutions)
    2. Individuals with marked reactions in passionate defense of a specific product or service. related; see Objectivist