Page 19 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

I think that this expansion comes in 2 parts. in the first part you are able to lvl 85 and there will be 1 new mayor raid, maybe uldum and some recycled vanilla raids. In the 2nd part you are able to level to 90 and go deeper into the maelstrom, where you will meet Azshara, Deadwing and possible another old god? oh, and another few recycled raids ofc!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus
    The revamped zones... meaning leveling from 80 to X (New cap) through stale, and old content.. with shiny new trees, flowers and possibly an occasional dead gnome on a tauren impaled on a pike.. If I have to level my main through Elwynn Forest REVAMPED. I will go on a rampage.
    Hellfire Peninsula is blasted lands with a weird skybox.
    Nagrand is Mulgore on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by atanua
    Tauren Priest - I lol'ed. :
    Orc mage?

Undead Hunter?

Tauren Paladin?

---

Does not work.

Fucking crazy.

Deleted

Just had a flashback of the days before the Draenei announcement. An Eredar Paladin fighting a Blood Elf? FAKE!!

Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical
    I'm pretty sure the Night Elf do not hold the secret of how to shoot a bow and train an animal. I think that is common knowledge to pretty much all intelligent beings. I'd seriously question the IQ of humans if they could not figure it out themselves.

Believe it or not, lore is developed in this game. I have a feeling if all this took place in, say, Warcraft IV, then you would be like "wee this is totally awesome the Goblins are choosing sides!" But oh god no it's happening in WoW! That's like, sinful!

-_-; Some of you should unplug their keyboards.
    Hunters , goblins , etc ... it all has to do with the lore thats already in place and has been for years. And sorry but WoW has done nothing to expand the story line of warcraft.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arcus4884
    Well I go after what you write I can't mind read.

You say "If I have to level my main through Elwynn Forest REVAMPED."
    Elywynn forest will still be the same levelzone meaning you wont be questing there with your 80.

Possibly could be (imaginative) phasing Elwynn Forest which would make it look totally different, destoyed? under water? burned? (this is just an example to explain)
    Burning Elwynn Forest... No. Drowned Elwynn Forest... No. Destroyed Elwynn Forest... No.

Elwynn Crater... Yes.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar
    Orc mage?

Undead Hunter?

Tauren Paladin?

---

Does not work.

Fucking crazy.
    Yes, it does. Just read the thread up and check the lore for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimm0thy
    Well reading this post and all of its lore breaking I guess nothing. However warlocks came about by shamans that drank the demonic blood, they were never mages nor were any Orcs ever mages.

If you want proof go play Warcraft3.
    Fel is demonic arcane. If you wield fel, you can wield arcane. That's all I am saying.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adys
    Those are the only two reasons why I hate those two zones.. The music made me fall inlove with Nagrand >.>

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jimm0thy
    And sorry but WoW has done nothing to expand the story line of warcraft.
    Are you serious? ???

Whoever thinks that 85 levels of completely new content is bad, and only 10 levels of content is better, is completely retarded. That's all I am going to say about the "omg reusing content RAGE" crowd.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

15+ Year Old Account

If this is really true, then wow, I'm impressed! The old world zones are some of my favorite and to see them revamped and/or flooded will be epic!!!
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adys
    Lies. Nagrand is nothing like mulgore. The only connection is green grasslands. But using your same logic you can find a connection for any zone to be like any other zone. Desloace is so smv because they both have demons. Icecrown is so winterspring because they are both snowy.

"Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

i'm loving everyone QQ and raging just quit the game if you don't like it i for one am loving this. Also i bet if they annouce that this is true and they add Brewmasters as a hero class i can tell most ppl here will be changing their tunes really fast

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

new policy: if Boub doesn't stand by his claims with enough heartedness to say he will streak in paris if he is wrong, I won't beleive it for even an instant.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pelias
    I don't think some of those classes should be accessible, frankly.... I mean Tauren Paladins? LOL, comeon... it goes against their whole nature.
    Check the "Sun Druidism" quest. Blizzard had this new possibility in game and for it seems, alot of people didn't noticed or simply ignored.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus
    Those are the only two reasons why I hate those two zones.. The music made me fall inlove with Nagrand >.>
    Shadowmoon is Felwood with netherdrakes.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Typhron
    No. No. No No No No No No No NO NO NO NO NONONONONONONONONONONONONO WHY
    I guess it doesn't bend that way, eh?

Going on the assumption that this is true (and I have no reason to doubt it):

I'm unimaginably excited. I've long been fairly bored with WoW, this would go a huge way to bringing back the excitement.

For me, my single best Warcraft experience was up until the time when I'd explored the whole world, seen all there was to see. New expansions typically offer a bit of new content, but not a whole lot.

A remaking of the old world, though, would be even better than another wholly new continent (honestly, new continents being added is getting old anyways). It would make levelling a new toon a LOT more fun, for one thing!

What shocks me is the sticking point for the majority of people seems to be the new classes. There are a variety of different complaints, but they're really not such a stretch. Which race can be which class has virtually no impact on game balance after all! Every one has an easy time fitting into the lore after all. Warcraft lore goes way back before WoW, remember. So many of the current race/class restrictions are largely nonsensical when you look at it that way. Threatening to quit because of it, though? That's just absurd. If you don't want to take advantage of new race/class combinations, then don't. It's a comparatively minor part of the expansion as detailed.

The reality right now is the old world content is largely useless. It's old, ugly, boring, and exists only to tear through as fast as possible. Old dungeons are nearly un-usable in their current form as it's almost impossible to get groups of at-level toons to run them. Milk runs with high level toons do not constitute a good use for them =/

There would be a LOT of new content, too. Look at the Kalimdor/EK maps as they are in game. There is plenty of room for new zones - easily enough, in fact, to add the same number of zones they did in BC or WotLK right there without changing existing zones(which they obviously will, in some cases). You'd still get the same amount of new content.

This sounds very ambitious. Moreso than either of the prior expansions.

In my opinion, it's what the game needs. The old-world content is too old and dated; it NEEDS to be redone to keep the game current. The massive expense that would go into revamping it just to modernize without anything new though is simply not worth it. An expansion, though, phasing the world into an in-progress Cataclysm? Definitely worthwhile, imho.

Think of how it would improve the new player experience! Right now, a new playing coming to warcraft sees an empty, ugly, horribly dated world that's completely empty. Levelling up, they find dungeons and instances that they can't enter because there's noone to run them with.

Sure, some will stop playing because of it. No matter what they do, that'll happen. But talking to friends of mine who've long ago stopped playing? This would bring them back in droves just to see and experience it all.

Deleted

some people should really stop crying

people say goblins have always been neutral, which is not true, but even if it were - things change

and that seems to be the whole point of the next expansion: Change

Tauren Paladins and Priests for example sounds strange at first but who says it can never happen in the world of warcraft
    as I said things change, the story goes on
    there will be surely some explanation via lore why tauren discover the arts of priesthood and paladins

why is it impossible that races discover new arts that were up to that time not known to them

Change and Progress!