Page 49 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Falcio
    That's the point, though...it's boring.

Now that they have more competition on the horizon, they need to show that they can truly innovate. Changing the entire world in such a way shows that they can still make their entire world interesting.
    they've had competition before and they beat it, because WoW always has grind that you can do. And mmo's aren't the genre for people that want exciting things. It's a time sink for math nerds who like grind. Like me for example, and it was better in the BC era. I mean wotlk was pretty and flashing... but it was all really easy. BC was kinda plan and wierd, but was difficult and took a while and it also had good raiding unlike Wotlk

If this happens this truely will be the end of WoW. A good chunk of their players will quit the game and pick up another. And without a large fan base to please, wow will slowly die out, expansions will become less impressive (like this one lmao) And eventually only a small portion of wow fanbois will cling to the dying game.

I'm hoping that this is all a joke and im 90% sure it is, but even the 10% possibility makes me both angry and ok with this idea. I would have liked to see wow continue to be a great game rich with lore and not give into emo werewolf lovers (who should be struck by high speed traffic or burned alive). On the other hand, should this crap be true it would allow me to finally cancel my account and move on to a better game.

Quote Originally Posted by mchltlt1037
    Actually its the only positive class change i found...Ugh wtf dwarf shaman just..wtf! no way. But troll druid i can see myself rolling a female troll druid .
    the wildhammer clan had dwarf shamans. Just fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlenino
    the wildhammer clan had dwarf shamans. Just fyi.
    plus the Mountain King from WC3 was pretty shamanny in truth, and some dwarf tales have thanes

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract
    For all you nay-sayers:

Why would Boub and the crew lie? What's in it for them?
    Why would Boub and his 'crew' create, run, and maintain a website like this? What's in it for them?

Oh. Ad revenue. A site that makes money based on how much traffic they generate...

So why would they post extremist information with no sources weeks before anything can be confirmed or otherwise?

Oh. To drive massive amounts of traffic to their site. Okay.

So what's in it for them?

Oh. Lots of money. Alright.

Quote Originally Posted by highelfmage
    If this happens this truely will be the end of WoW. A good chunk of their players will quit the game and pick up another. And without a large fan base to please, wow will slowly die out, expansions will become less impressive (like this one lmao) And eventually only a small portion of wow fanbois will cling to the dying game.

I'm hoping that this is all a joke and im 90% sure it is, but even the 10% possibility makes me both angry and ok with this idea. I would have liked to see wow continue to be a great game rich with lore and not give into emo werewolf lovers (who should be struck by high speed traffic or burned alive). On the other hand, should this crap be true it would allow me to finally cancel my account and move on to a better game.
    This was said for both previous expansions. It currently sounds really good to me, a refreshing change to the previous Xpacs.

gnome paladin would beat everything. a creature the size of a grape facerolling people with divine storm and judgement of idiocy..

Quote Originally Posted by highelfmage

I want 85% of the WoW player base GONE!

but this isn't that. all the good people have already left or are barelly staying. Kiddies will love the class changes (i'm totally griefing gnome priests) and will think the huge change will be awesome for them. but if the world change isn't phased... they might leave

Holy bajebus... That's all I have to say.

This might be enough to resurrect this game, so far it seems like it'll be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by cogzwell
    I want 85% of the WoW player base GONE!
    Yeah but blizzard doesn't. So they wouldn't do anything that would allow that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xid
    Yeah but blizzard doesn't. So they wouldn't do anything that would allow that to happen.
    it's why this games sucks my good man

Deleted

Why would Boub and his 'crew' create, run, and maintain a website like this? What's in it for them?

Oh. Ad revenue. A site that makes money based on how much traffic they generate...

So why would they post extremist information with no sources weeks before anything can be confirmed or otherwise?

What's your point? If you are making lots of money by being a very successful site you will not jeopardize this income by making something that is total BS just to have a temporary raised spike in said income. If these were all lies generated to drive more hits to the site, shortly after Blizzcon, MMO-Champion would be largely ridiculed and site traffic/hits would take a massive dive.

You obviously don't know how the Internet OR journalism works.

You create a site. It's used by a lot of people and you get some revenue out of it.

If Bou were to make up something huge, then it ends up to be false, then he'll end up losing credibility. That means less people will use his site. That means less money.

He can get a lot of "revenue" out of this, yes, but if it does end up being false, then this is going to be the most revenue he'll ever get. It's as simple as the boy who cried "Wolf", only the boy gets money every time someone believes him. The more he cries wolf and there is no wolf, he'll lose money in the end, and the one time he actually does end up telling the truth, no one will believe him.

In other words, MMO-Champion would be hurting themselves if they did what you said. There is no smart person who would do this.

10+ Year Old Account

People say, 'OMG Level 85 and recycling Azeroth? They're running out of ideas! Lulz! I like lolcats too!'

I think, 'Actually no, they have so much ideas but not enough levels (if max is 100) to fill in all the ideas they have planned!.'

Quote Originally Posted by gannom
    * Troll Druid - troll do not have the connection to nature required to be a druid
    which is why many 4 bosses in ZA turn into animals . .
    Banned.

Why should be 100 the absolutely and definitive level cap and not 120 or 150 or whatever? It doesn't make sense to say "100 is a cool number so we'll stop there"

BTW, I fear almost all the info about the expansion is certain, of course they can change a lot of things but the core of the thing is real.

And I MAY think the leak is intended, some companies leak information about new products for marketing reasons and at 1 week sight I bet we'll see all this at blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    I am calling bullshit right now! This entire post reeks of some lorefa(n)'s ideas of what they want in the game and most likely has nothing to do with what it will be. All or most of these things have been asked by many of the more vocal troll community and Blizzard has numerous times stated arguments against implementing those things.
    Worgen & Goblins - this myth has been perpetuated for too damn long now. Blizzard makes a couple of new Halloween masks and everyone freaks out. :

TL;DR:
    Bullshit! Cite your sources.
    You complete and utter hysterical cretin. If he cites his source(s), his source is likely to get fired. Same for the ex-Blizzard/WoWInsider guy on Something Awful who confirmed a lot (but not all) the stuff posted, people covering leaks from people under NDA aren't going to name a goddamn thing else no other source will trust them to keep them anonymous. Use that underused brain of yours for a moment? Do you really think BB would just pull this out of his arse unless he was at least 90% sure of it, unless he had some top quality intel? Do you? Are you really that thick?

Of course you are, you're the typical clueless scum that unfortunately makes up an all too large part of the board. Begone and die, but not before Blizzcon, where upon I'm almost certain you - and all the other illiterate morons - will owe BB an apology, which no doubt you will be too much of a coward to actually offer.

I Only don't like the idea of more class choices for races. I think some of them go against WoW lore

Everything else is cool. We will see what happens

To all you people getting your hopes up and thinking this load of fat bullshit is real.. im sorry to say but its not. The main reason is because of the NO hero class and blizzard said themselfs that each new expansion will have a new hero class.

This is just all rumors made up by bou to make you all happy. (Seriously orc mages? There dumber than freakin rocks).

But oh well we will find out next week so Biswaw.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

They forgot something...

• New and existing characters will be able to customize dances

All of this seems like it's off a Power Point presentation or Blizzcon Intro video. Personally I think someone in marketing will either be promoted or fired after all the dust settles.