Page 69 of 80 FirstFirst ...
19
59
67
68
69
70
71
79
... LastLast
  1. #1361

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrabel
    What I'm wondering is, where would we start? If we are standing in a place , for example that in the expansion is flooded but in Old WoW is dry when we install the expansion, what will happen? Will we all be sent to some other place to start when the expansion is installed? Answers soon enough, 4 days.
    Well, you'll probably log on your 80 as soon as xpac is out and most likely you'll be idling in unchanged dal
    But if you reroll a new class combo you'll be in a new starting are and if you are a new race you'll be in the new starting area. Lowbies, will spawn as ghosts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

  2. #1362

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    So technically it'll make ganker's job easier to camp for lowbies in Azeroth with the flying in Azeroth changes. :l hope they fix this soon!

  3. #1363
    Mechagnome Liquid Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shadow Moses
    Posts
    618

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    Dude, your whole post is so full of fail
    I wont even comment on the goblin part if you dont see that it might just be one cartell that joins the Horde and that the reason for that will be introduced in the game, or that they simply change their mind... even though they said it was a mistake and they wouldnt or shouldnt do ot again, no its not carved in stone


    Quote Originally Posted by Lies
    Besides, think of it, have you EVER seen a worgen in its natural form just hanging out as a worgen all the time (with the exception of the giant one in Utgarde Pinnacle)? They always play as humans, and well, for Blizzard to make a shapeshifting race may seem kinda cool - but APPLY IT TO THE GAME! How the fuck, or why the fuck, would anyone play a human/werewolf race? Just shut up, this is OBVIOUSLY not official. Haha, yeah nice, we get a race to shapeshift into werewolves at night. >_>
    ok
    you dont seem to know that REAL Worgen are Worgen full time... so yeah they actually hang around in their worgen form all day just go to Darkshire or Silverpine Forest
    and nobody wants to play a werewolf race? hello? first of all thats not an argument they could still come as a playable race... second of all... I want to play them!!! lots of people do... who wants to play a freakishly little race of annoying gnome?... ( I know lots of people do that too, I just think Worgen would be 1000 times cooler

    Quote Originally Posted by Lies
    1. Orc Mage

    Besides, the orcs have no time for study and in many, many occasions Metzen and other lore-writers wrote: "the orcs haven't had time to learn any language except their own, which is also rugged and quick-written, due to their business in battle." So, that leads to: they wouldn't have the intellect or the time to spend reading books of arcane magic or learning how to freeze people in place for years, they only do battle, and that's it.
    They dont have the intellect... I bet they are more intelligent than Ogres
    they dont have the time? When didnt they have the time? When they were in constant war on Draenor and during the first two wars? Maybe lorewise that makes sense, but we have a total different time now... Besides they had the "time" to learn Warlock Arts which I dont think are any less time-consuming or easier to learn... yeah yeah gift of Kil'Jaeden or whatever... but that time is over and Orcs aren't working together with Eredar or whatever and there are STILL new Orc Warlocks that ARE TRAINED.. even Shamans after a long time of being abandoned by the elements
    so dont tell me they dont have the time or intellect to learn the arcane when they can put up with demons and the elements


    Quote Originally Posted by Lies
    2. Night Elf Mage

    This may seem realistic at the first look, but then, think of it. The Kaldorei rivaled the Quel'dorei or Highborne, because of their excessive use of magic, and the Kaldorei cared more about nature and beasts, and all. The inclusion of Night Elf priests might be not understood by some people, thinking it's just as realistic as Mages. Tyrande herself is a Priestess, but not to the Light as the gameplay gives illusions, but to Elune. The Night Elves take whatever is there good for them AND around them, but they would never touch arcane arts, because they think it is not good. And with all of that crap I said, it might be added by Blizzard (but still, this suggestion is no where near true) but not an idea to think of.
    Then how do you think Highborne (Night Elf Mages!!!) coming to Darnassus and offering their help fits in with that? We know about the history of the Night Elves and their opinion of Arcane Magic... thats why this came to kind of a shock to all of us.... but some of us know that the World (of Warcraft) is constantly changing
    To say that it is impossible that we will see Night Elf Mages because of their current opinion of Magic is like mentally going ten thousand years back (Aszhara - before the Sundering) in time and saying it is impossible Night Elves will ever live WITHOUT Magic because.. Duh, everyone uses it now and Magic is very important to them.
    Or that Orcs, Night Elves and Humans could never, never, EVER work together
    I bet some people were surprised when they played the last campaign of WC3

    THINGS
    CHANGE

    even in games


    Quote Originally Posted by Lies
    3. Dwarf Mage

    LOL. Really, no, it wouldn't happen. Dwarves know nothing about arcane or magic, all they care for is expedition, and battle. But to study and make arcane, or frost and fire powers, it is certainly far.

    4. Blood Elf Warrior

    Ugh, you know why they made Blood Elves needing mana for each class? That's the freaking point! They thrive on magic, and since Paladins and Priests use mana (magic/arcane power) to pursue goals that the High Elves themselves followed, they are accepted in Blood Elven community. The Warriors never existed, not even before they became Blood Elves. The Spellbreakers are known to use mana and are more likely related to Paladins than Warriors. Sorry, not a chance.

    5. Dwarf Shaman

    Yeah, right. >_> What does the dwarf have to know with spirits or elements, except for the stuff about earthen? No, nothing to deal with the Earthen Ring. Know why? Because it's just a typo-mistake like Dark Elves and Night Elves, and Ancients and ancients.


    7. Tauren Paladin

    LOOOOOOL. The Taurens have less beliefs in the Light, and I know how much "An Injured Colleague" gives aspiration, but no. They might accept the idea of the Light, but they will never inherit it, because they believe in something different than most people think the "Injured Colleague" gives hint to, they believe the Earthmother and Elune might be the same, but NOT that the Light can be passed on to Tauren.

    8. Tauren Priest

    Read point 7, about Paladins.

    9. Gnome Priest

    The gnomes are way too busy in magic and technology to follow a religion, or be a priest to any deity. Being scientific, I doubt that them and the goblins can believe in any god or deity anytime soon.

    10. Troll Druid

    Trolls are most known for their hate and evil, even though they are allied with the Horde. Many lore says "they have harnessed the power of "hate"", and to make it more understandable for you, the Shamans are not a "force of Good" as the Druids are. The shaman is just a guide for "his people" and only HIS OR HER people. The trolls do voodoo and witch doctory and all the evil stuff, and then they come to "heal the land"? Fuck off, this isn't true at all.

    you are so full of ignorance
    to most of your claims I can only say you should become more open-minded
    you dont even know a lot of WoW Lore or else you wouldnt be so ignorant to some things... I mean dwarves already have shamans just as an example it has been stated lots of times

    and what you wrote about Shamans in general... they ASK the elements for their help... if their cause is not righteous they wont help (at least thats what the lore says)
    so if you label certain arts as good or evil I wouldnt put a "evil"-label on shamanism
    Trolls can be good people, not all of them are harnessing the power of "hate"
    but you can say that for every race... there are good and bad examples

    in any case arts can be LEARNED
    its net essentially something racial, nothing that is given to you by your parents or something like that

    the reason why we can not play every class with every race is that some are more likely to be learned by some races... and some are exclusively only teached to some (Tauren and Night Elf Druids)
    and for game balancing reasons of course

    WoW is permanently changing so there is no reason some arts cant be teached to races that currently havent learned them

    Before WotLK some people said we wont play Death Knights because they are evil
    a lot of people didnt think of the possibility of them becoming free of the Lich King and rejoining their faction

    thats because a lot of people have a very small perspective on a lot of things

    please expand your horizon and stop failing

  4. #1364
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Coral Springs, Florida
    Posts
    823

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake

    and what you wrote about Shamans in general... they ASK the elements for their help... if their cause is not righteous they wont help (at least thats what the lore says)
    so if you label certain arts as good or evil I wouldnt put a "evil"-label on shamanism
    Well, that lvl 80 Draenei shaman that ganked my priest in the PVP server seemed pretty evil and un-righteous. -_-

    just sayin'

  5. #1365

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    Quote Originally Posted by KDN
    @Hagakure
    It was the same thing for people having classic after TBC launch. For people who wants to play with their BE friends through ghostlands, they both needed the TBC expansion to be able to zone in to ghostlands.
    In TBC, you could travel in the other direction (e.g. meet up in Durotar), which resolved the problem. That wouldn't be possible in this system unless there was a way of travelling from the post-cataclsysm world to the pre-cataclysm world that was accessible to new characters. Anyway, never mind, I think I've found the answer- see edit to my post.

  6. #1366

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    Lol at the kid who said Blood elves only use magic. That totally clarified to me why there are Blood elf rogues and Death knights thank you. Oh, and the dwarf shamanistic thing is another epic lol to me. What do you call of Wildhammer keep? Dwarf shamans to me make more sense than blue goats from space who know more about the art. As well as the Troll Druid, makes sense to me if you've ever been to Zul' aman or Zul Gurub, what about moonrabi in Gundrak? Majority of every single class/race combo makes sense if you can stop being such an ignorant individual and open your mind to what people have been whining and QQing about for years in the game Human/undead hunter even makes sense. Tuaren paladin makes sense if you think about it every single race follows the Argent crusade which means they ALL follow light to some degree. don't be so close minded.

  7. #1367

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lies

    Besides, think of it, have you EVER seen a worgen in its natural form just hanging out as a worgen all the time (with the exception of the giant one in Utgarde Pinnacle)?


    where did you came from.??. you probbly play warcraft for 2 months or something, only horde and you got boosted by your friend to lvl 80 or something?!? Duskwood Worgen? Ashenvale Worgen? Helooooo?!?

    2. Night Elf Mage

    This may seem realistic at the first look, but then, think of it. The Kaldorei rivaled the Quel'dorei or Highborne, because of their excessive use of magic, and the Kaldorei cared more about nature and beasts, and all. The inclusion of Night Elf priests might be not understood by some people, thinking it's just as realistic as Mages. Tyrande herself is a Priestess, but not to the Light as the gameplay gives illusions, but to Elune. The Night Elves take whatever is there good for them AND around them, but they would never touch arcane arts, because they think it is not good. And with all of that crap I said, it might be added by Blizzard (but still, this suggestion is no where near true) but not an idea to think of.
    or let me extract:

    The Night Elves take whatever is there good for them AND around them, but they would never touch arcane arts

    Moonfire, Starfire.. ALL ARCANE SPELLS.. so you are wrong again :


    3. Dwarf Mage
    LOL. Really, no, it wouldn't happen. Dwarves know nothing about arcane or magic, all they care for is expedition, and battle. But to study and make arcane, or frost and fire powers, it is certainly far.

    Dwarves know nothing about arcane or magic
    :

    Dude Dwarfs have priests, which can be shadow priests aka SHADOW MAGES

  8. #1368

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    Quote Originally Posted by R!val
    So technically it'll make ganker's job easier to camp for lowbies in Azeroth with the flying in Azeroth changes. :l hope they fix this soon!
    With all due respect, how does flying in the air make it easier for someone to camp a lowbie? They could just do it on the ground.

    Anyway, the speculation is the x-pac will use phasing technology, so the lowbies probably won't even see the level 85's or the new worlds.

  9. #1369
    The Lightbringer Malthurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    3,638

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lies
    The Most Correct Statement in This Topic: THIS IS NOT TRUE! Before you all read my confirmations, just think of how true this is.
    This at the beginning of your post makes you lose all credibility, and the fact that your forum name is Lies makes it even worse.

    And I just love the "Before you all read my confirmations" part. Are you so deep into blizzard you can quote "Confirm" unquote that this is wrong?

    And no, you didn't write any of Warcraft's lore, so stop playing pretend.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

  10. #1370

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    Quote Originally Posted by Collected
    Anyway, the speculation is the x-pac will use phasing technology, so the lowbies probably won't even see the level 85's or the new worlds.
    Yup, same thinking here.. for all we know we might alrdy be playing in phased out world with lvl 85 GMs and alpha test crew flying over our heads ;D

  11. #1371
    Grunt Sharain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway, Bergen.
    Posts
    15

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    Quote Originally Posted by AssasinxXx
    Remember, that guy in EPL (his name escapes me) is a Undead Hunter, there is no reason Undead cant be hunters, they are after all, just dead humans
    Good point, but humans are paladins too... Undead paladins? Eh... :P
    Still tho, i can't remember when playing W3 that i saw any undead hunters.
    If WoW follows the warcraft lore... as much as i know of it...
    And that Undead in EPL, is it the guy that stands allone with a small house and a few dogs, fel dogs iirc, on top of a small hill?
    "Noting beats the sight of gnomes runing arround in fear, consumed by fire!"
    Sharain - Fire warlock

  12. #1372

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    The EPL undead hunter is Nathanos Blightcaller. He used to be Nathanos Marris, the "first and last of the human ranger lords", so not only is he an undead hunter, but he used to be a human hunter. Therefore, there is no reason that humans and undead can't be hunters. Humans are capable of learning the art and can be taught by their dwarf, draenei and night elf allies, and Sylvanus herself was Nathanos' trainer, so she could easily pass on her extensive knowledge as a ranger to her subjects.

    Also, it still seems fairly unfriendly to the lore for undead to utilize the Light and become paladins. If that were possible, the Scourge would have already taken advantage of it. Just remembering how damaging the Light at Light's Hope Chapel was to the Lich King himself says as much. And before someone says, "but they can be priests!", I already mentioned in a previous post, and someone else also said it, that priests are not fueled by the light, but by faith. They don't even have to necessarily believe in any gods, so long as they have faith in themselves. That's how undead priests gained and continue to maintain their power.

  13. #1373

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    I'm gonna laugh when we find out this is all completely wrong.

  14. #1374

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    They can do what they want to WoW, but changing Warcraft lore a little too much in an x-pac is kinda sad.

    Thrall retired?
    Carine killed?

    This is something I want to watch in an epic movie... not rushed through on a grind to 85.

    Hopefully Blizz reconsiders... I will miss the epic tauren.

  15. #1375

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    I also feel it requires mentioning (though it could have been mentioned before) that a lot of people are pointing to Blood Elf Rogues as an example of a class of belf that doesn't use mana. That is completely false. The class description for Rogue in WoW, maybe since vanilla (I don't remember reading it, though), says that they use "minor mysticism" in their works, which would explain being able to not only be very sneaky, but borderline INVISIBLE. A person doesn't just naturally do that. It's not terribly important (a lot of people are trying to use belf rogues as an explanation for belf warriors not using mana) but something people often overlook and I felt compelled to clarify.

  16. #1376

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    94 pages of speculation... and none of you figured it out yet?

    Cyborgs... cyborgs.
    Shoop.

  17. #1377

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    Quote Originally Posted by NaitFury
    94 pages of information given out by a reliable source who has given reliable information that people have claimed is fake in the past, who is unable to reveal his sources for fear of compromising said source, losing out on future information and getting decent people fired?

    Cyborgs... cyborgs.
    Fixed.

  18. #1378

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm





    new race leaked? not sure whethe it's real, someone made a big discovery here.
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009...339456,2.shtml

  19. #1379

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    Quote Originally Posted by TyphonTook
    I also feel it requires mentioning (though it could have been mentioned before) that a lot of people are pointing to Blood Elf Rogues as an example of a class of belf that doesn't use mana. That is completely false. The class description for Rogue in WoW, maybe since vanilla (I don't remember reading it, though), says that they use "minor mysticism" in their works, which would explain being able to not only be very sneaky, but borderline INVISIBLE. A person doesn't just naturally do that. It's not terribly important (a lot of people are trying to use belf rogues as an explanation for belf warriors not using mana) but something people often overlook and I felt compelled to clarify.
    So? No mana, no arcane, no fireballs pew pew, no lightning bolts... They're like batman. No super powers but lots of epicness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

  20. #1380

    Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

    Thrall stepping down so he can go work with Ally and Horde?? Screw that, Thrall doesn't work with the Ally he works thier faces, so lameeee

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •