Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by highelfmage
    1. LOL wait let me get this straight. So putting naga in as a playable race is "bad lore" and "doesnt make sense" and alot of friendly naga npcs would have to be put in for it to make sense. But Worgen make "good lore" and "complete sense" LMAO. Riiiight.
    naga lack legs and giving them infinite underwater breathing would be bs if some of the new content is indeed underwater.(but if you dont that be bs about being a naga) atleast worgen have FEET (but yes your right both are basicly punching lore in the face) name one playable class in the game without legs imagine them on a mount? explain how the hell a naga jumps? im stilling lulzing that gnomes can? how do you gear a naga with any thing below the belt? shoes and pants wont work?
    i shall end my comment stating worgen are only more likey race than naga because of feet if the naga were't creepy fish ppl id put both there names into a hat and then pick at random.
    naga just reminded me of wisps XD

About the underwater breathing thing, I have to say it seems kinda moot since from about level 16 Druids get Aquatic form, instant cast for about 0.001% of total mana, unlimited underwater breathing and +50% swim speed.

What's the difference?

Tempor

I just think Blizzard are trying to mess with everyones mind so they'll be blown away by unexpected information at Blizzcon.

First, Goblin and Worgen masks "accidentally" (lol) put into the game data and then the other masks (Naga, Murloc etc) put in so they make us think they're trying to cover up Worgen and Goblin. You really expect them to be dumb enough to leak information they'll be wanting to shock their 11 million customers with in a few weeks time? Seriously? I highly doubt it.

I think the the new Class/Race combo's won't be added either, or atleast, not all of them UNLESS they add a feature to change your class (lol) "oh hai guis yer im a lvl 80 blood elf warrior with the realm first lvl 80 undead / mage achievements hehe lololol" -_-

How are they going to make underwater zones fun to play or level in? Everyone I know hates underwater combat and I'm pretty sure most of you don't like it either.

Also, why would Blizzard make Garrosh the new leader of the Horde? It just sounds idiotic. From what i've seen the majority of people do not like Garrosh so why would Blizzard make him a leader? And if Thrall became Guardian of Tirisfal, i doubt players would see him much, meaning basically completely wiping thrall out of the game somewhat.

I also doubt they would change azeroth like this forever, if they did do this, it would only be for the starting patch, like the scourge invasion and what not. Completely revamping azeroth is just too far-fetched for Blizzard. People back this up though with the reason "it's not harder than making a new continent" Well yeah, actually, it is. They'll have to completely change the leveling quests you do for 1-60 assuming each place is affected to make sure they dont fuck up the process of getting from 1-60 in azeroth, which means if this is true, they're working on the next expansion, and also changing the original one dramatically. I can't imagine it being phased either because of achievements, helping lowbies out etc etc.

Oh aswell, if the Gnomes take back Gnomeregan would that mean the Trolls move out of Orgrimmar so the Trolls have a troll city (which would be UBER) aswell? Only seems fair to the Horde

Blackrock Spire is another thing that confuses me, if it erupts, won't it wipe out everything near it? including quest givers and completely filling Burning Steppes and Searing Gorge with hot lava?

Aswell, if Goblins are the new races, why the hell wouldn't we see Undermine and Kezan, why wouldnt there be leveling places out there instead of back to Kalimdor and EK.

I do respect Boub on what he says and he does have good proof but it just doesnt seem right to me. Maybe it's cause i don't like the sound of an azeroth revamp, and i'd be much happier seeing a new continent with new races and such with the great Nazjatar focused in the centre. I think that would be very exciting for players to see aswell.

Also, Quote from Wowwiki about Maelstrom, Nazjatar and such - " Nazjatar is found in a trench beneath the Eye in the Maelstrom. Nearby areas of interest are Mak'aru — capital city of the makrura lobster-men, Gishan Caverns, Pillar Deep, the Boiling Terrace, Rift, and Drowned Reaches.

BlizzCon

This was mentioned at BlizzCon, along with Northrend, in a panel discussion as something they were dedicated to doing as a future expansion.[2] "

I'm sure these questions have been dealt with already but you can't expect me to read through all 99 pages at 5 A.M or.. anytime really X_X. Flame on. :P

Quote Originally Posted by XaeroA
    WoW I hope Blizzards Crack pile isn't running low at the moment.

Half the ideas are good, amazing even, revamping old world, moving classes to other races and the likes, flying mounts in the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Those I do like, a lot, that'd be awesome and it'd be good to see Hyjal getting some use.

Some things in this list I think are the sorts of things inspired by a drug fuelled night with a designer.

First of all Goblins and Worgen.

A Goblin? What the hell, it's just a green gnome and I already want to boot every gnome I see into the nearest fire, it's a race used primarily by 8 year old kids who think having a short character is hilarious, why not a Naga race? Start of unfriendly with all the races then you have to get your reputation up so they don't run you out of town, could choose between horde and alliance. As for worgen I don't know they may make a half decent race but I wouldn't count much on it. Why not just add the Demon Hunter or Blademaster hero classes that everyone on the forum has been asking for for ages now?

Now then classes available to other races, this I half like.

Orc Mage, sure, orc's are a bit shifty with the magics since the entire warlocks and burning legion thing way back in the canon. They've still got one of there oldest warlocks sitting up in Arthas's head.

But call me a lore nerd or whatever, Night Elf Mage? Tauren Paladin? What the hell? Night elves know that misuse of magics can cause terrible things such as the Sundering, they were taught that by Cenarius a Night elf mage is a stupid idea if you're really that bothered about your characters looks play a different class and a Tauren Paladin? where the hell does a Tauren get Paladin powers? the only reason the Blood Elves have access to it is because they're bleeding it from a Naru under there city.

Also why blow up Oggrimar? It's one of the most loved cities in the game because it's cool looking, if they were to blow up anything it should be Undercity or something, a more unloved city because frankly that place is boring.

I'm sorry but if all these changes were to be made then it'd split the fan base in half, 12 year olds who love WoW because they can make midgets on the "but these changes kick-ass" side and nerds like myself that actually enjoy the story that's been told up till now on the other side. If Blizzards did the better parts of these changes that didn't destroy the canon I'd be happy, if this list is actually true I'd think they need to take a read through there own lore and think again.
    Have you ever played WoW? Because gnomes really aren't played only by 8 or 12 yr olds. Every only a little bit conscious PvP-er must consider them as a strong race for PvP. If only because they are so friggin small. Just give gnome a short name and you can hide anywhere.. It was a big advantage of alliance but at last horde gets the goblins. I know its bending the lore of goblin neutrality but tbh i expected this change even sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazan
    About the underwater breathing thing, I have to say it seems kinda moot since from about level 16 Druids get Aquatic form, instant cast for about 0.001% of total mana, unlimited underwater breathing and +50% swim speed.

What's the difference?
    simply nagas can cast spells and droods cant? i think thats a slight deffirence and i just read naga racail mount is turtle which makes me think is possible XD but as i said before FEET nagas dont haz them.
    anotherthing not even the undead who i assume shouldt even need to breath have infi underwater breathing it make there racail power seem like a cop out.

yeah blizz probably intened mask thing.
    the new race class combos seem possible its a good excuse for you to level a lowbie after the cataclysm.
    i do hate underwater combat but only in Bfd hopefully there improve it therely be underwater caverns and ect like that elf in bfd.
    yeah i complety agree i hate garrosh does't make sense thrall leaves him incharge of the entire horde when he knows how much of a jackass he is.
    phasing is something i dont get ethere but it seems kl and them revamping azeroth if they do revamp it all i doubt there'l just turn it back miss scorge invasion aswell T-T.
    i have taken back gnomergane hundreds of times in with my ally alt the gnomeking mysteroiusly getting his hands on one of the million workshop keys out there not suprising.if orcie city is indeed blown up perhaps.
    they might all die or the gyrophon rider saves the day =D and i doubt the dark iron dwarfs would die something involving ragnoros no doubt.
    were probably only getting a "minority" of goblins.
    thats all i got =P

To me, new content to play is always good news, blz just go ahead and materialize it!

It would be amazing that witness the rumor being proved ture.

Cairne probably gets some ally friends, who learns him and his people about the light and therefore Garrosh gets PISSED xD Probably a bad guess, but there is a little possibility :P /discuss

One more day..

BTW, Bets on what percentage of the info is correct?

Bou just said it's probably around 90%, what do you think?

I'm gonna go with closer to 80%

Oh... and PAGE 100 damn...

I can't wait to find out.
    pwnwear.com on tanking and leadership.

Tho I don't agree with 100% of the information, I love the idea of a revamped azeroth.
    Tho I would hope that with the next xpack they do give 10 levels, and find a more original way to prevent people from abusing the talent point system.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Sounds like bullshittery to me, even if it's made up, they wouldn't revamp Azeroth in a whole for 5 fricken levels. Not to mention I'm still skeptical about the alliance-worgen and horde-goblin things.

100 pages. First time as far as I can remember :P

I got chips, I got beer, just waiting for Live Stream and interesting info, oh and my murloc.

I'm still not sure who is the true end boss of Cataclysm is, but the cataclysm appears to have been caused by attempts to incantation to summon extremely powerful beings using an ancient incantation by Deathwing and Azshara. They're both very powerful, but the cataclysm itself suggests something more powerful is behind it, perhaps their shared past of Old God influence?
    That "something" is... Neptulon the Tidehunter
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Neptulon

Quote Originally Posted by XaeroA
    WoW I hope Blizzards Crack pile isn't running low at the moment.

Half the ideas are good, amazing even, revamping old world, moving classes to other races and the likes, flying mounts in the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Those I do like, a lot, that'd be awesome and it'd be good to see Hyjal getting some use.

Some things in this list I think are the sorts of things inspired by a drug fuelled night with a designer.

First of all Goblins and Worgen.

A Goblin? What the hell, it's just a green gnome and I already want to boot every gnome I see into the nearest fire, it's a race used primarily by 8 year old kids who think having a short character is hilarious, why not a Naga race? Start of unfriendly with all the races then you have to get your reputation up so they don't run you out of town, could choose between horde and alliance. As for worgen I don't know they may make a half decent race but I wouldn't count much on it. Why not just add the Demon Hunter or Blademaster hero classes that everyone on the forum has been asking for for ages now?

Now then classes available to other races, this I half like.

Orc Mage, sure, orc's are a bit shifty with the magics since the entire warlocks and burning legion thing way back in the canon. They've still got one of there oldest warlocks sitting up in Arthas's head.

But call me a lore nerd or whatever, Night Elf Mage? Tauren Paladin? What the hell? Night elves know that misuse of magics can cause terrible things such as the Sundering, they were taught that by Cenarius a Night elf mage is a stupid idea if you're really that bothered about your characters looks play a different class and a Tauren Paladin? where the hell does a Tauren get Paladin powers? the only reason the Blood Elves have access to it is because they're bleeding it from a Naru under there city.

Also why blow up Oggrimar? It's one of the most loved cities in the game because it's cool looking, if they were to blow up anything it should be Undercity or something, a more unloved city because frankly that place is boring.

I'm sorry but if all these changes were to be made then it'd split the fan base in half, 12 year olds who love WoW because they can make midgets on the "but these changes kick-ass" side and nerds like myself that actually enjoy the story that's been told up till now on the other side. If Blizzards did the better parts of these changes that didn't destroy the canon I'd be happy, if this list is actually true I'd think they need to take a read through there own lore and think again.
    I think the blowing of Orgrimmar has something to do with Garosh being the new boss of the horde. Maybe he fux smth up or w/e so the shit will happen, I mean besides the action of that incantation wich Azshara and Deathwing cast. Night elf mage isn't really that bad, desperate times need desperate actions, if you get what I mean.

My question is - will they add a couple of character slots per account for this. That's a lot of new options, and at this stage of the game, many people probably have 10 established characters on their main server(s).

This message has been brought to you by the same people that claimed Ogres will be a new race in TBC.

See you at BlizzCon.

It amazes me how many people continue to jump in and post on this thread without at least glossing over the 100 pages or so. There are so many explanations for the new race/class combos, it's ridiculous, and all are very reasonable lore-wise. I'm not insulting anyone, but the constant negative feedback is getting old. Most of the "this crap doesn't make sense it wouldn't work" posts have already been completely refuted. I know it's a lot of posts, but at least lurk for a few more minutes before posting and making it seem like you don't know what you're talking about. Enough with the "Nelf mages and pally cows are stupid" stuff. Please.

Oh, and I see a lot of people specifically saying "I don't want to/can't wait to run MC again". Where in that post does it say that will happen? It says Rag is making a comeback. Who chiseled in stone that he has to be in Molten Core? If he's back, and strong enough to be a threat in a post-WotLK level-85, what's keeping him from just going out into the world? Heck, world-boss Ragnaros would be even more frightening than "OH CRAP AGGROED A FEL REAVER".

Hah, or he's weakened, and then we get... Rag as the new Hogger!

While all this stuff sounds interesting and I'll probably enjoy it...

I can't help but be a little sad. The way leveling and gearing has become expedited -

Why oh why did I strive to make 10 characters....of every class and race....

the hard way... slow mounts.... long levels on slow mounts... no heirlooms...

I just feel like the perversion that has become my life with WoW feels even worse.

Heh.