Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Exactly... stereotyping in WoW is ALWAYS a bad idea. Because you're going to be wrong, period.

I have two gnomes at level 80, one my new main, one my former main. I just turned 41 the other day. So think before you assume next time.

Many people play gnomes because they find them fun. If you don't, that's your problem, not the people that play them. There are plenty of immature people that play EVERY race. And notice I didn't say immature kids. There are plenty of both immature kids and adults in the game. Meh... it's part of being in a social atmosphere. Don't group with them, don't associate with them. Nobody forces you to.

But everything I've heard about the new expansion sounds like a lot of fun! And if you ready what he actually wrote? They're not talking about making the expansion only just a bunch of new leveling experiences. They're going to rework much, and open areas that haven't been open before, for people to level from 80-85 in.

Other than CoT, nobody's been in present day Hyjal, unless you're talking about using tricks, whatnot, to get into areas you weren't meant to be in. They mentioned areas to fly to, that haven't been accessible before. And he also mentioned several underwater zones. Hrm... sounds like we could have as many new zones as either BC or WotLK had. o.O So why don't people see the info about the zones, etc., before you assume you know EXACTLY what this new world will look like. Bou gave us a taste, which is all Bou had. We'll see it as it develops. And yes, I believe he's accurate about what he's posted.

Have fun with the soon-to-come announcement, folks, and we'll see you in Azeroth, at least those on Dalaran!

well after watch the stream he was right lol

So how many of you moronic mouth breathing retards calling out this "SOMETHINGAWFUL TROLL" are going to be eating your words now?
    Thinking close to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    None of the information below has been officialy announced by Blizzard, this is only a compilation of information gathered from reliable sources. Just keep in mind that it takes a LOT to make me post something on the front page and I'm definitely not speculating here.
    Now that the announcement has been officially made, I believe I can write with some certainty - "you sir, are a WoW god."

Crow, it's what's for dinner for a lot of people tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TyphonTook

So you want to nearly destroy all of the lore from BC about fighting the Burning Legion and allow demons in the horde? A horde already devolving into chaos because Garrosh is in charge? I really can't agree with you there. Also, they've already said "no naga" on several occasions. No legs, no mounts (though sea turtles are listed at wowwiki), no lower-body gear. And there isn't a single "good" naga in lore so far. As easy as it would be for Bliz to write in some new lore crap to get them in, I think after the Draenei lore fiasco (most people I've come across outright hate it) they wouldn't do something so drastic.

Finally, why so much hate on the goblins? They used to work with the orcs forever ago, the provide free zeppelin services to them (a major point against their "total neutrality"), and the story behind the goblins joining the horde in the first post gives them a pretty solid reason. Everybody keeps bashing alliance for getting a "cooler new race", but the horde have had Tauren since the beginning, which are awesome, and the human and night elf male models have always left much to be desired visually. Plus, they got stuck with gnomes.

Alliance getting a cool new race with lore that makes sense (lol space goats) is a nice touch, and goblins being a member of the horde has always made sense (demon influence notwithstanding, Warcraft 2 much?).

Edit: Forgot about Skar'this the Heretic, a friendly naga quest-giver, but I don't see him starting a full-on rebellion any time soon. Not with Aszhara coming out of the woodworks to trash Azeroth.
    I for one would roll Goblin over Worgen. People who Worgens tends to be the ones who look at character model before the lore. I mean, as cool as Worgen's lore is, Goblins are just more cemented in their characteristics. Worgens, esp Greymane Worgen, are just another race of humans. Goblins, on the other hand, is a cutthroat, crazy caricature of humanity. As someone who likes to develop a character, and with passion for engineering, Goblin is a clearly superior choice.

Look for some kind of technologist class for next hero class, featuring Dwarves, Gnomes, Humans, Goblins, Orcs and Forsaken.

Amazing expansion ;D

Goblins look fantastic, they look very well polished and look top notch. I hope they're animated well too. They didn't show much for the Worgen so we won't see how they sound and move for a while, I'm hoping they get a human form too. But my favourites are Goblins out of the two.

-U-

Quote Originally Posted by Alasdair
    not sure if its been mentioned in the 104 pages discussed, however if nightelves start using arcane power, will their physical characteristics change as well? I remember reading on Wowwiki.com somewhere that the reason Bloodelves (and high elves) look different than Night elves is due to changes caused by using arcane magics and is not reversable.
    NE models should be fine since they don't have a Well of Eternity their bodies should stay they way they are, what I am most excited about is back when I started playing WoW I wasnted to make a Human hunter, I found it strange at first that there was no such thing as a Human Hunter then I payed alot of attention to the lore and figured it all out. but Still w00t! Human Huntards!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgaze
    So we are 99.9% certain now? I still hope that .1 can do something here. I don't like the way this is going. New class is the main thing I wanted (Demon hunter maybe) but where the current lore I dont know where they could fit this in. Also, Blizzard is having so many issues with the class talents, I'm not sure they're ready for a new class (which will bring 3 new talent sets).

ok 1st you contradictid your self (leaveing it at that) and they in my mind are doing this because in alot of ways this is what is hapaning to our world horde being 3rd world contrys (i play ally thats the only reason i say that for horde) all america+ all the others - china and Japan (they are the nutral ones) ok leaveing it at that if you have any question plz respond with this quoted... ty

Quote Originally Posted by Enade
    NE models should be fine since they don't have a Well of Eternity their bodies should stay they way they are, what I am most excited about is back when I started playing WoW I wasnted to make a Human hunter, I found it strange at first that there was no such thing as a Human Hunter then I payed alot of attention to the lore and figured it all out. but Still w00t! Human Huntards!

i kinda agrre because humans in RL are hunters (some of whitch are Huntards no offense to anyone) but the Troll Druid and worgen Druid i dont like (give the worgen a Wolf form not cat COME ON)

wow 3 posts in a row... sry about that i need to learn how to think ahead, lol. anyways what i want to know is whats going to hapen to the goblen controlled towns... BB, ratchet, K3, Area 52. all of them and more... its almost 4 A.M here i cant think

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    I am so.... So sad.

Blood Elf Warriors? After all the arguing... Now you're going to allow it and not allow paid-race-change.

Blizzard I hate you!

Thus far, the expansion looks sad. 3 new zones. 2 Raids. Only 5 more levels. /yawn :'(

of stfu already!!!!!!!!! read more and you would know there are going to be more than that!

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTHUNDER
    It's all about the money, now that they got us they are constantly looking for ways to make more money.

Server transfers, gender change, new expansion, etc

greety bastards the game is so full of shit now I bearly play it, you can work so hard for something that will be useless in few months, a terrible waste of time.

also they are talking about being able to charge for faction change.

ok i dont mean to sound like a bitch or a QQer but... shut the fuck up... they need to make money!!! if you could get almost 15mil+ a month to pay most likely 5k employes plus other game develpers for the other blizz games and advertising... yeah they are most likely in the red 1/2 the time... solution GET MONEY YOU WOULD DO THE SAME THING SO THINK BEFOR YOU TALK!!!

You know what..? The best thing is, about this, like 8 months ago when I was trolling the Blizzard forums I was actually asking for Goblins and Worgens and a bunch of oldbies up in their fucking ivory towers basically tried to shoot me down, saying how it was never going to happen, and to "QFT". And now a few days ago, Blizzard confirms exactly what all these high and mighty douchebags said would never happen. It is just such a wonderful feeling.

That being said, a lot of people are bitching about a whole lot of thing. The way some of the players are reacting, you'd think Blizzard was saying they were going to delete everyone's characters or add a "Level 80" button to the game. That isn't the case at all.

One of my favorite complaints a majority of cry babies come up with is the "Lore". Think of the lore man! They are destroying the lore! OMG T3h LOREZ!////1111!!! It is far too funny if you ask me. When I play a video game, yes, I'd like a story line that can keep my attention, but I am not so into the story that any sort of changes are going to ruin the game for me. If I expected hardcore story telling and lore, then I'd be reading a novel, not playing an MMORPG. The best thing about all of this, is, in the end, this IS Blizzard's IP, so even if you disagree with the way the "lore" is working, it doesn't matter, because whatever Blizzard does is accurate in THEIR world.

Continuity killed the comic industry. Instead of just worrying about telling a interesting, epic, cool story, writers have to now worry about all the fucking nerd rage that comes along with a popular franchise. All of you just take a fucking vicodin and try and relax.

I personally cannot wait for a chance to play as Goblins and the Worgen. And I personally believe that there should have never been ANY class restrictions to begin with. I really wish Blizzard would just let every race play every class. That'd not only be awesome, but I'd get a good laugh at seeing all the nerd rage.

(Not sure if its already been posted, didnt read all 105 pages)  Blizz should let the Goblins pick their faction, the goblins were neutral and shouldn't go straight to the Horde, and blizz add a new race of friendly worgen straight to the alliance. Mainly because the Worgen are way too cool to be part of the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by kuehnau
    You know what..?
    QFT ;D

Alot of people in this thread got told.

The last boss in Cataclysm is going to be Sargeras. It pretty much says it in the descriptions and in the trailers, theres going to probably be an instance in the maelstorm, because thats were Sargeras's tomb is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottreau2
    The last boss in Cataclysm is going to be Sargeras. It pretty much says it in the descriptions and in the trailers, theres going to probably be an instance in the maelstorm, because thats were Sargeras's tomb is.
    deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by eliteinferno
    (Not sure if its already been posted, didnt read all 105 pages) Blizz should let the Goblins pick their faction, the goblins were neutral and shouldn't go straight to the Horde, and blizz add a new race of friendly worgen straight to the alliance. Mainly because the Worgen are way too cool to be part of the alliance.
    Actually, the Goblins were Horde back in WC2 days... Only the Steamwheedle Cartel realized there was far more money to be made by remaining Neutral. Most probable way it will be handled is leaving the SC as they are and the "New Goblins" from the Lost Isles will be Horde. Pretty much...you know...like it says in the trailer.

As for the Worgen, I've been a FanFic writer (and VERY preachy, as some of my co-workers can attest) about them coming into the Alliance since before we knew that BC was even a twinkle in Metzen's eye... I think the story there, especially the mysterious tidbits now having been released on their origins, further solidifies my nearly 5 year old considerations of their source and existence (minor needed alterations aside).

It was interesting when I walked in to work this morning, and a friend of mine who'd gone to BlizzCon looked at me and said "okay...so you've been right all these years...happy now?" ;D (okay...so there were more words involved in the exchange, but the words "you were right" were the most important to me)

after doing alot of diggin and speaking to many friends i have come to a small conclusion that the World of Warcraft Cataclysm will probably be realsed sometime in late december or earily January. but if there is a problem with the phasing of the entire world there will be a 2 to 3 month delay. other then that the phasing might go smoothly once the programming is ready for entire switch of the world to the new one. with that said i also found that there will be some old instances and dungeons that will be redone for heroic game play. note that this is information is not all sound cause knowing blizz they will have a few problems with the phasing because it will effect even those who dont have the expansion so it will be an internal change of the environment not gained through just the cd. as for the new playable characters they will be an easy transition since the models of all the goblins are almost complete and the worgen is going off of the combination of the modern worgens that we all love just added the character designs form the dranie and the conversion aspects form the caverns of time instance when the characters become human without the random selection taken out. hoping that all goes smoothly we can all expect that the expantion will be released by the end of this year or near the beginning of 2010. with all that said i will keep my eye out for more information retaining to the phase change of the world and update my findings
    ps if you chose to not believe this it dosen't matter since it will be released in time with or without problems it all depends on our friends in the development crew. but i will say that the graphics will be tweaked a little so be sure to be prepared for any changes in the graphics but it shouldn't be major.

Quote Originally Posted by daco
    after doing alot of diggin and speaking to many friends i have come to a small conclusion that the World of Warcraft Cataclysm will probably be realsed sometime in late december or earily January.
    Bad economy, new release in time for Christmas ... I would guess there is an Orgrimmar of a lot of pressure on the developers to get it done this year. That's good for us. It's going to be great.

And if they're not ready, they're not going to release it until they're ready and that's still good for us because when it *is* released, it's going to be awesome.

How do we not win?

I'm hoping you're right and it comes this year or early January like you wrote ...