Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer
    what the hell is wrong with some of you people. this all sounds awesome. people have been asking blizz to go back to the old world for a long time not to mention flying and previously unavailable zones (more things people wanted). obviously we won't know how much of this is true till blizzcon next week. but seriously how often is this guy wrong with his info. he wouldn't post it unless there was a high chance it were true.
    It is all pretty awesome. What you need to realize is that there is a very vocal (and thankfully very small) minority of the WoW fanbase who are made up of bitter malcontented basement dwellers who will whine and bitch and moan at every single decision Blizzard take with their hugely successful MMO. Sadly most of these types tend to dwell on fansites such as this and the official forums, unleashing their amazing insight such as "OMG EPIC FAIL WTF BLIZZ" and "CASUALS RUINING THE GAME WTF BLIZZ" to the surprise of no-one. Of course they continue to pay their monthly fees and play a game they can't stand for no apparent reason other than masochism.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nanosphere
    I have to agree with people here. While the idea of revamping the old world sounds nice and all, if the majority of the expansion is just phased old world areas, it will really feel like a cheap cop-out. Unless they plan on adding this in addition to Maelstrom zones and/or making this "expansion" only a 6-9 month cycle till the next "real" expansion after that... will like I said, just sounds like a cheap cop-out.
    it sounds more like making the old azeroth more beautiful... they wont use all these old models and textures for a whole new expension. I just can't imagine that

Just keep in mind that it takes a LOT to make me post something on the front page and I'm definitely not speculating here.
    Source or it didn't happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarpanti
    Human Hunter = severely OP stealth detection. Between Flare, Perception, and Track Hidden, you've got the bane of rogues everywhere...it's about fracking time!! lol

Personally, I like what I'm seeing. You've already got stupid amounts of ganking going on as it is, it's not like being able to fly in Azeroth will make a difference (and for lore: we can fly in northrend, why not the rest of Azeroth? there's no atmospheric difference between Northrend and everywhere else besides northrend is colder and has thinner atmosphere (mountains) which, tbh, makes flying harder.)
    yeah if we can sit there and fly around at blinding speeds in -30 degree weather in mountains 140000 feet above ocean level, we sure as hell can fly in a friggin jungle
    Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

I hope this is something like 31 bosses in Icecrown and 22 min yogg saron achievment! :<

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lamondo
    everything sounded pretty great until i got to this part.

going back to the old zones is fine, especially if they are revamped and taking advantage of the phasing tech. to be honest that actually sounds like it could lead to some cool stuff with a good mix of new fun and sweet nostalgia.

but repeating the dungeons too? and the raids???

what the hell is even the point if all of that is true? if thats where they want the game to go why not just save themselves trouble and just revert the servers back to 1.0.

so im hoping that that part is 100% untrue. other than that though. it all sounds pretty good.
    tell it to the million who have been crrrying out for pre-tbc servers for years. this is their time.
    this is blizzard giving the public what it wants.
    you and your maybe thousands of allies of QQers are not the public.
    blizz cant please everyone.
    Skysin/Xavius EU

This is starting to look like Blizzard is just making expansions for the sake of making expansions.

Most of those new race/class combinations make absolutely no sense. Worgen as a playable race makes no sense. Goblins are supposed to be a neutral race.

Flying mounts in azeroth is terrible news for world PvP'ers. Azeroth was the only fun place left to world PvP. In northrend and outland everyone just hops on their flying mounts and runs away.

I was really hoping Blizz would continue their idea of "hero classes". I know making an entire new class is difficult but for me its hands down the most exciting part of expansions.

I am so.... So sad.

Blood Elf Warriors? After all the arguing... Now you're going to allow it and not allow paid-race-change.

Blizzard I hate you!

Thus far, the expansion looks sad. 3 new zones. 2 Raids. Only 5 more levels. /yawn :'(
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

Quote Originally Posted by Narfwak
    The Hand of Angus?
    That would be epic. rofl.

Yes, everybody wants to go back to the old world, everybody wants to see the old world revamped, but that isn't something we should pay for.. because you know.. it's still the old world we've gone through several times (considering you have alts, of course).

But, people are getting bored of WoW because there's nothing much to do once you've reached the levelcap. Yes, you have raids and you succesfully kill the bosses in said raids, but after that, you have to wait another month or 2-3 to get the next raid to go through. An expansion should -expand- the world, -expand- the content and -expand- the re-playability. How is revamping the old world going to expand on anything? All it does is giving us a little push to level yet another alt to see the "new" content.

Now, of course they could revamp the old world and give us the same amount of actual new content WotLK or TBC had, because then it would be a dream of an expansion, but I sure as hell hope this is the case, because having a revamped old world with 2-3 level 80+ zones would be incredible boring and not worth the money, in my humble opinion.

Looks very cool, but it will be ruined, MAny new QQs as usual, people wanted old content back, they are doing the best they can but now lets see what ppl come up with to QQ, i especially love the flying mounts in azeroth, Wohoo!!!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by pacobird
    It is a technical problem, not a design one. Or did you think content designers and graphics artists share the load on programming?
    Actually, it is a design one, the ones that work on terrain and buildings are designers. Just create a sandbox server with your WoW and see how unfinished and full of "light" tricks old Azeroth is.

Not saying that I believe on a revamp Azeroth though, I only tend to speculate on things with factual proof pointing/hinting to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Narfwak
    Also: if any of this is true, congrats on getting whoever your Blizzard source is fired and blacklisted from the company.
    i believe thats the point of not revealing his sources.

Also: if any of this is true, congrats on getting whoever your Blizzard source is fired and blacklisted from the company.
    Well datamining is something blizzard knows... don't think anyone will be fired due to this!

Omg omg omg omg omg, this sound sooooooooooooo awesome, oh mmmmmy gosh. Flying in the old world, Hyjal in the present.
    After 5 years the "under construction" sign will disappear.

This is epic ;D ;D ;D ;D

New Classes
    The expansion doesn't have any new class. Instead, Blizzard will offer more race and classes combinations to players, some of them have been datamined on the 3.2.2 Test Realms.
    SO instad of a hero caster class they just want us to reroll a another class....ummm no thank you.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by pacobird
    It is a technical problem, not a design one. Or did you think content designers and graphics artists share the load on programming?
    Wow, out of all the wrong posts on this thread so far you have managed to outstrip them all with your sheer, concentrated, wrong.
    In fact, you may be the wrongiest person ever to post here. To that I tip my hat to you good sir.

Troll Druid, dont know about that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Skysin
    tell it to the million who have been crrrying out for pre-tbc servers for years. this is their time.
    this is blizzard giving the public what it wants.
    you and your maybe thousands of allies of QQers are not the public.
    blizz cant please everyone.
    actually i felt like overall it seemed like a really cool expansion. if everything in this post should turn out to be true, id be more thrilled than disappointed. id love to revisit the old world in new ways.

but can you really defend almost ALL of the content being a revamp??

and even though i agree that QQers are a minority (and i dont count myself among them as far as this news is concerned as a whole) i really dont think people crying out for pre-bc servers are in any way a majority either.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence
    Activi$$$sion Blizzard sup
    It's all about the money, now that they got us they are constantly looking for ways to make more money.

Server transfers, gender change, new expansion, etc

greety bastards the game is so full of shit now I bearly play it, you can work so hard for something that will be useless in few months, a terrible waste of time.

also they are talking about being able to charge for faction change.