Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle
    Only a level 85 cap? Bull. There is enough half-truths mixed it to catch peoples attention but there is to much stuff that just doesn't make sense or sounds like blizzard.
    One week prior to Blizzcon. This is about the same time the unverified TBC and WotLK leaks started gushing out only to be confirmed 100% true at Blizzcon. I wouldn't be surprised if this is all legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by wadark
    You said yourself you cited no sources. The actual post says its unconfirmed. That's speculation.
    You are missing the point.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

15+ Year Old Account

ORC MAGE - what the ...

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    This is starting to look like Blizzard is just making expansions for the sake of making expansions.

Most of those new race/class combinations make absolutely no sense. Worgen as a playable race makes no sense. Goblins are supposed to be a neutral race.

Flying mounts in azeroth is terrible news for world PvP'ers. Azeroth was the only fun place left to world PvP. In northrend and outland everyone just hops on their flying mounts and runs away.

I was really hoping Blizz would continue their idea of "hero classes". I know making an entire new class is difficult but for me its hands down the most exciting part of expansions.
    See I don't really understand your point of view at all. If anything this is the most monumental change they could make. Instead of simply adding more they are adapting the world to reflect the changes the players have had on it over the past five years. I've seen Ony's head up in Org zillions of times now and it seems more like decoration then part of the game at this point. Making old content relevant again is not only a large task, but makes the game feel a lot more alive then it would from simply adding a new class that throws off game balance. If the changes and updates to Ony are just one step in this direction I think WoW could change for the better.

I envision a WoW where the world felt small again. With max level characters interacting with lowbies because they were constantly crossing paths aside from running back and forth from the AH to the mailbox. Sure some people might leave cause they find it boring, but that will happen regardless of what the next expansion entails. I think it is going to be fun if they bring back old Azeroth. I just hope they do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical
    You are missing the point.
    What's the point then?
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Grading
    I hope so. And the bridge in Redridge Mountains (Lakeshire).
    Well look, there's been a hugewhack CATACLYSM out there. I don't think the bridge will still be standing up.

Dworf shaman ?!

Good bye horde, my new main awaits.

Quote Originally Posted by wadark
    What's the point then?
    This is all bullshit and a joke?

10+ Year Old Account

wtb draenei rogue
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Some people like new and unseen content to level through on their main characters. Those people won't like the expansion described here.

Some people like to level alts but are getting bored of the same old, aged zones. Those people will like the expansion described here.

I'm a veteran player that has been playing since day one of retail (and before during the betatesting). I really do enjoy WoW a lot more at levelcap than back in the days because there's actually something to at levelcap now (apart from having your HS set to Kargath and do nothing but MC/BWL all week).

I also like going back to the old zones to level alts. But I really don't want an entire expansion to focus on leveling alts. Yes, all this stuff sounds amazing if true (and I hope it's true), but people that want something to do at max level or don't like leveling alts (I know a lot of people that have one character and a few 10-15 alts that they never got higher (also playing since vanilla)) shouldn't be left out, since this target-group is still the biggest chunk of the WoW playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    See I don't really understand your point of view at all. If anything this is the most monumental change they could make. Instead of simply adding more they are adapting the world to reflect the changes the players have had on it over the past five years. I've seen Ony's head up in Org zillions of times now and it seems more like decoration then part of the game at this point. Making old content relevant again is not only a large task, but makes the game feel a lot more alive then it would from simply adding a new class that throws off game balance. If the changes and updates to Ony are just one step in this direction I think WoW could change for the better.

I envision a WoW where the world felt small again. With max level characters interacting with lowbies because they were constantly crossing paths aside from running back and forth from the AH to the mailbox. Sure some people might leave cause they find it boring, but that will happen regardless of what the next expansion entails. I think it is going to be fun if they bring back old Azeroth. I just hope they do it justice.
    you havent really been up to date with the forums and the game play would be much better this time and also the idea of hero class is to hard to balance and is lacking of lore like the knights of ebon blade
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

What's the point then?
    Well maybe he can't cite them because it would get the source in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Skysin
    tell it to the million who have been crrrying out for pre-tbc servers for years. this is their time.
    this is blizzard giving the public what it wants.
    you and your maybe thousands of allies of QQers are not the public.
    blizz cant please everyone.
    No it's really not. I really wanted Pre-BC servers and reading 80% of this news post make me furious. I want new content to play and explore. I don't want Blizzard digging up the old Instances and Raids and messing with them. Making them 10 and 25 player MC which all the kids will PuG for emblems. I want to play the Classic game at 60, with 40 people the way it was when it was out at that time or not at all.

An expansion should be new fresh content and not this utter laziness. Yes making Azeroth flight friendly will be a bit of work. Nothing like making a new continent from scratch though. Worgen and Goblins, sounds cool. New classes for races? Utter crap, not interested. The new slow leveling seems cool, making it an achievement to level and not a boring slog thats the same.

If they actually re-use the old raids, instances, areas then I'll quit after 5 years of playing this great game. Re-using Onyxia in the next patch is bad enough but I guess this is what we get because Blizzard are concentrating on their next source of money instead of their dedicated fanbase on WoW. Trial of the Crusader / Champion was a massive slack for a BT equivalent raid and Onyxia is just stupid. Theres no reason to bring her back. The Pre-BC people don't want to play the old content at 80, we want it back at 60 the way it used to be.

I know this could be a massive troll, fake info and it's just a game but Seriously, I've never played a game as much as WoW and it's horrible to see stuff like this happen to the game.

Oh well we'll see... /rant off.

Arcus4884

Quote Originally Posted by Yawnteh

Hahahahahahahhahahahaha

Anyway, I agree with this sounding very great. Although I hope that they revamp alot of zones instead of like 5.

And flying in Azeroth wont take as much time as making a whole new continent. Imagine making a new continent.. you gotta make so much more than simply modifying the huge terrain chunks youve got already.
    i wouldnt say that
    cause if they revamping zones so beatyful you wouldnt recognize anymore is harder to make a new continent.
    revamping 30 zones + flying is more work than making 8-10 new ones from the cratch

+ they add phasing to the old world, at least 5 new zones as it looks like and revamping old epic dungeons

so where is there less work?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanosphere
    I have to agree with people here. While the idea of revamping the old world sounds nice and all, if the majority of the expansion is just phased old world areas, it will really feel like a cheap cop-out. Unless they plan on adding this in addition to Maelstrom zones and/or making this "expansion" only a 6-9 month cycle till the next "real" expansion after that... will like I said, just sounds like a cheap cop-out.
    It said it will make use of phasing, but it sounds like a complete revamp and rebuild of the original world, meaning even new characters would wind up playing in the new Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, and not just high level characters. Would certainly make leveling interesting again. Like a whole new game.

I was expecting something like this to come along eventually. A good number of MMOs go about revamping old content to be in line with the quality of newer content sometime down the road. Some do it by a major graphics overhaul of old models and textures and stuff, some do it by world redesigns.

With the quality of world building and quest design and lore and all that that's gone into BC and definitely WotLK, it makes original WoW content look like Warcraft: Orcs and Humans versus WotLK's Warcraft 3, so that's obviously the areas that they would focus on if they were to overhaul the old world.

I think it's great, if it's true.

Basically why many people wont believe in this is because Blizzard has never said that it would be upcoming, and that these things would take loads of time. Now therefor when it finally comes people dont like it cause its a part of an expansion that they have to pay.

People see brand new continents when they hear expansion, along with 10 levels to level and alot of new stuff.. but if you think about it changing the old world into new zones with perhaps new models, new quests and basically new everything (except for the name) would not be that bad.

They have also stated that it wont be only old stuff but new stuff aswell such as UNDERWATER CITIES . Thisll probably mean an underwater mount and maybe even better.. underwater fights.

5 Level Cap is awesome.

Emerald Dream will be 86-90.

Planes set... the Sageras expansion, the end of all ends... 91-100.

Thrall handing the horde to Garrosh is awesome. Garrosh killing Cairne is more awesome. It means there will be more of an actual PvP aspect to the game. The next expansions PvP is going to be about large scale PvP ladder system. Ladders for WSG, as an example.

Hopefully they will either create more world PvP zones, then just one. Or, make a better world PvP zone because WG was total fail as a FFA zone.

Quote Originally Posted by rainCZ
    ORC MAGE - what the ...
    But orc warlocks make perfect sense, eh?
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adys
    If it were speculation, it would not be on this site.
    Then why did they post the info from somethinawful saying only the stuff beloew this is 100%. They posted speculation on the front page that isn't confirmed, and not even confirmed by mmo-champion or thier sources.

Not to mention the something awful info is full of even more laughs. Underwater cities on backs of turtles and whales?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Adys
    If it were speculation, it would not be on this site.
    But it is speculation, Bou confirmed it in his post himself. Primarily that part about him not being able to 100% guarantee the information - only that it made sense.

I like this site a lot, I've been a lurker here for a long time now. But, I would like some level of professionalism to remain. It's what made this site in the past and still continues to drive it to this day. This site is partially billed as a news source, I'd like to see that maintained. Print the news and nothing but the news, don't intermingle news with opinion and speculation. Let the people decide its implications.