Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Holy cow, this is freaking awesome!
    If 50% of all this turn to be implemented, could be the best thing to WoW since.. since WoW.

Facing Arthas became so.. uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp
    Am I the only person who trusts nothing that comes from SA?

Maybe I'm wrong though, its not like they'd make up some elaborate story to trick people, right?
    Looks like they are attempting to troll a big portion of the WoW community. And succeeding at it.

Then why did they post the info from somethinawful saying only the stuff beloew this is 100%. They posted speculation on the front page that isn't confirmed, and not even confirmed by mmo-champion or thier sources.
    The Something Awful quote fits along with what he has confirmed from his uncite-able sources.

Along with that. Cairne's son is currently missing in the game... and any quest that used to go to him... now goes to someone else. Which, once again, fits nicely into the speculation from Something Awful.

Many of you were wrong when I told you about the 3.2 release... and once again, you will be wrong again. Stop being wrong. Just... Stop.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by xstreem

It seems Nathanos Marris got himself an offspring.
    A "Back to the Future" patch?

Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical
    The point is that if you can link one instance where Boubouille has claimed something to be 100% true and has been proven wrong, then I will admit your insecurities are with merit.

Until then Boubouille has more than proven himself in given true information. It's obvious he has a reliable contact.
    That's not what my complaint is. I would understand if my first post got lost in the tidal wave of this thread, but in it I stated right out that some of it makes sense, some of it sounds REALLY cool, and there's a more than fair chance that most if not all of it could be true (my feelings about the new races notwithstanding).

My point is that it's not confirmed, they said so themselves. It could be wrong. They don't have an official source on this. If they did, they would say so. Even if they couldn't say WHO it was, they could at least let us know they HAVE a source. But they didn't, they did the exact opposite by admitting it to be speculation. That's not responsible for a "news organization".
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Grading
    Worgen.
    dammit you were faster ^^

the only thing Im sceptical about is that we associated the trademarked title "Cataclysm" with WoW because of the sundering of azeroth

now it seems to be about a completely new sundering and not about the original one with which we associated it (if the information is correct)

I dunno... dude cant wait for blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle
    Then why did they post the info from somethinawful saying only the stuff beloew this is 100%. They posted speculation on the front page that isn't confirmed, and not even confirmed by mmo-champion or thier sources.

Not to mention the something awful info is full of even more laughs. Underwater cities on backs of turtles and whales?
    SA has broken quite a few stories before. They're membership base is wide spread and quite a few members in high places throughout the game dev world. I can't remember what any of the stuff they've come out with before was, but I believe there was some big news on WotLK that showed up on their forums before anyone else that turned out to be true, or maybe it was BC.

You never know with SA though, could be for the lulz.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, this is a lot to take in. Lemme look at all this in retrospect...
    The World
    Azeroth 2.0: I love the idea of some of these zones getting an overhaul. Like Thousand Needles and Azshara, ESPECIALLY Azshara finally getting the love it needs. Maybe old-world flight will become reality too! Just a moment, I'm getting word that IT IS! We finally get to fly over Old-World Azeroth! And I love how the Gnomes FINALLY get Gnomeregan back.
    The Return Of Malfurion Stormrage: Let me just say, my little lore nerd is going crazy with glee.
    Thrall, Guardian of Tirisfal: Wow, I did NOT see that coming. I mean, it makes sense since he's playing peacemaker between the Alliance and Horde, but Magus Thrall? Go Thrall! But this leads me to ask, what happened to Medivh? Did he die? Did he give his powers to Thrall? Is he a pod person in Uldum? Did he join the Burning Legion? Is he responsible for the Cataclysm?
    Warchief Garrosh Hellscream: Grom would be proud of the little emo-turn-super-badass fruit of his loins.
    Bloodhoof the Betrayer...And Betrayed: Aw. I liked the old cow...
    High Chieftain Baine Bloodhoof: ...but he'll do just fine.
    Gilneas and the Worgen: Suddenly, Pyrewood Village makes a lot more sense. And I love it.
    The Goblins: Come to the Horde, little Goblins. We will protect you. Then we will make you badass!
    Level Cap: 85: Well well...That's different. I woulda thought it'd be 90. Oh well, less time between level and redundant raiding.

Classes
    Human Hunter: Next Blizz will listen to my idea of a Ted Nugent NPC...
    Orc Mage: Finally those kickass casting animations will be taken full advantage of.
    Night Elf Mage: ...Or maybe not.
    Dwarf Mage: See Orc Mage, copy-paste.
    Blood Elf Warrior: Neat!
    Dwarf Shaman: Dwarves get two new classes that take advantage of their great casting animations?! Oh my god this is the greatest MMO expansion I've ever seen in my life!
    Undead Hunter: Doctor Unlivingston, I presume?
    Tauren Paladin: Holy cow! Oh come on, they set me up for that pun!
    Tauren Priest: The tauren found god! I mean other than the Earthmother.
    Gnome Priest: Maybe this game ought to be called "World of Priestcraft" now that all but the Orcs have the Priest class...
    Troll Druid: And yet they'll STILL be the least-played race of the entire game...

New Races
    Goblin: Oh boy! The Horde finally gets a small race!
    Worgen: And the Alliance get another tall race!

Deathwing: Deathwing is going to attack us?! Oh my god, this truly IS the greatest MMO expansion I've ever seen in my life! And I don't say that lightly!
    The Naga: We finally get to kill the snake-men! Hooray! That's for killing me when I was level 52!
    Revamping Old-World Dungons: LFG Heroic Deadmines, PST.
    The New Zones: We finally get to see the World Tree in its...Roof-Of-The-World-scraping-goodness.

I await updates to this with bated breath!
    Jorundr, Blood Elf Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Belkar Bitterleaf
    "Run, my pretty little chunks of XP, run!"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    The Something Awful quote fits along with what he has confirmed from his uncite-able sources.

Along with that. Cairne's son is currently missing in the game... and any quest that used to go to him... now goes to someone else. Which, once again, fits nicely into the speculation from Something Awful.

Many of you were wrong when I told you about the 3.2 release... and once again, you will be wrong again. Stop being wrong. Just... Stop.
    then why did he tell us to not trust the something awful information? But only trust his 100%. In other words he is posting speculation.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    Looks like they are attempting to troll a big portion of the WoW community. And succeeding at it.
    Boubouille wouldn't take information posted on SA forums and post it here as a big news break. While he did quote some of it, he also put a disclaimer that it may not be accurate. The rest of his information is not from the SA forums and is instead from a variety of sources (as he states).
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical
    The point is that if you can link one instance where Boubouille has claimed something to be 100% true and has been proven wrong, then I will admit your insecurities are with merit.

Until then Boubouille has more than proven himself in given true information. It's obvious he has a reliable contact.
    This, Remember when the D3 announced @ WWI and Boubouille said it was going to be D3 WAY before that? I hope this is all true, or true to an extent. I love old world Azeroth and this is a great way to get people back into those great old world instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    But orc warlocks make perfect sense, eh?
    Read the World of Warcraft novel trilogy, and they do.
    Like the phoenix, rising from the flames...so shall this epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire & flight. This is a night of transcendance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    We've killed Old Gods, Corrupted Dragon Flights, The Burning Legion and even killed one of their leaders (archimonde)..

But hey.. watch out for those zombies.. they bite.

Last but not least, Worgens will have two forms and will be able to morph between a human form and a worgen one. Players should be able to pick both appearances when they create their character.
    Lol this discounts ALL things in that post.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rheed
    Fake. No way horde having 2 classes able to be druids, and alliance just one
    Enters the Worgen Druid.

Again, I'm not saying that this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Camie
    Well maybe he can't cite them because it would get the source in trouble.
    He doesn't have to cite the source. Merely citing an anonymous source says it all "Hey, someone working for Blizzard gave me this info."

Citing no source however, even an anonymous one NEVER bodes well. It's the equivalent of saying I made everything up. If that is the case then, please entertain us as to why you feel that that is the natural progression of events for this next expansion.

Blizzard can't (legally anyway) attempt to track the source outside of its office(s). They can monitor email, computer use, company phone lines, block service from cell phones in the office, etc. But it ends there. They're not about to begin bugging developers' homes to find who leaked information to Bou. I believe it was Xerox or HP that did that a few years back ... yea, that ended well for everyone involved.

I gotta say if this is the real deal it's looking pure awesome. sure,the every class for every race part is fail, but I never really get that caught up in the negative compared to the awesomesauce parts. full revamp of the old world, old instances, old raids, new storylines with superepic quest chains as you level.. people have been whining about "bringing vanilla back" since bc was released, HERE YOU GO GUYS! <3

You can see the shape of the new Azeroth on the projections of Azeroth found in a variety of zones. Also, one of the fully rendered globes of A world found in Ulduar on the way to the Celestial Planetarium looks JUST like Azeroth...except rotated sideways with all the 'cataclysm' presented in all of its glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    Oh yes I do. Fel is the last step on the patch of using arcane. Warlocks are ex-mages. Tell me, how can an orc be only a warlock, but not a mage? How is an orc not allowed to take the arcane using step? Are they exclusively supposed to either use fel straight away or wield no magic at all?

No my good man, YOU don't read the lore.
    No, lol warlocks are NOT old ex-mages. They used to be in some form Shamans.

Deleted

I kinda wish this would happen but it just sounds fake. The level cap is 255, not 100 although that doesn't prove anything, still... It would be amazing if it was true.

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp
    Am I the only person who trusts nothing that comes from SA?

Maybe I'm wrong though, its not like they'd make up some elaborate story to trick people, right?
    QTF

I had played for 3 year with the Goons aka Goons Squad aka Something Awful clan on the same game (ACO/AR/NAAO), they are0 just f4ggots and jerks. I will not beleave anything from Goons. This kind of "Spoiler" gathered from SA = FAKE.

anyways...

WHERE ARE MAH TROLLS PALADINZZZ!!!??!??!shiftone!1!