Page 22 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle
    And onyxia lairs is in dustwallow marsh not thousand needles. Though flooding would still be a concern for the lair because if a thousand needles a zone inland from the ocean is flooded then Dustwallow is going to completly under water.
    The problem is that 1K Needles is basically a bowl. If a huge wave comes crashing down on the continent, it has nowhere to go inside Thousand Needles. Dustwallow wouldn't have this problem.

10+ Year Old Account

Holy bajeebus. Imagine BRD. On heroic.
    /thread
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Deleted

"And sorry but WoW has done nothing to expand the story line of warcraft.
    "

you cannot be serious.

WOW told how Illidan dies, how the burning crusade try to take back the well of quel'thanas

Varimarthas betrayed.

The horde and Alliance are mostly at war again; The Forsaken's Royal Apothecary Society betray everyone

The defias collapsed

The king return and killed Onyxia.

Arthas rise again, Bolvar is killed.

You learn a lot about of the fragmention of mind in Arthas

Yogg-saron is the real reason behind some events of Warcraft 2 (!)

Titan are real, we learned the origins of dwarf and gnomes.

Human are descendant of some huge violent north guys : the vrykul. We learned how new born child was "different", for no reason and how vrykuls were despaired and rejected titans.

The emerald dream is slowly corrupted.

Malygos came back for madness, see the result, panicked, was killed

Ragnaros and Dark Irons tried manufacturare golems army with some gnome knowledge (surely thanks to the convient gnomeregan invasion.... )

Onyxia was behind the corruption of Stormwind and so Defias.

Nefarian, Lady Sinestra and surely at last Deathwing tried and succeeded to create a new dragonkin.

Infinite dragon are trying to stop the future, who are they ? Old Nozormus is fighting them as Chromie think or maybe it's his Futureself trying to stop his own future and known death ?

In many quests, you see Tirion being an exile and come back to unite Paladin.

You cope with the tragedy of Stratholm.

You learned about Old Gods and Ahn Quiraj.

You followed Brann's steps for years.

YES, World of warcraft expands the story. With its own way, a mmo way, told by quests and dialogs and sometimes, cinematics or raids.

You are not serious.

BE Warrior? I sense a new wave of cries because of a warrior that can silence punny clothies
    But in the other hand... human hunter? Do not play with me! I still have a heart (well, last time i heard a beat from it Clinton was US president)

Leveling from 80-85 will be a MUCH bigger deal. Initially in 2008, they considered not raising the level cap at all, as making those quests takes a lot of manpower away from raiding content. But they are trying to make the story so grand and sweeping that ding'ing will actually MEAN something and not just be something you do.
    I totally called this when it was rumored there would be no level cap. Blizzard has been making a lot of changes so that they can put stuff out faster (class homogenization among them) and not having to make a couple thousand quests that most people will skip or forget about in a month is one of them. But I guess we meet half way since players expect some sort of increased cap (change is bad didn't you know).

Quote Originally Posted by oomu
    "And sorry but WoW has done nothing to expand the story line of warcraft.
    "

you cannot be serious.

WOW told how Illidan dies, how the burning crusade try to take back the well of quel'thanas

Varimarthas betrayed.

The horde and Alliance are mostly at war again; The Forsaken's Royal Apothecary Society betray everyone

The defias collapsed

The king return and killed Onyxia.

Arthas rise again, Bolvar is killed.

You learn a lot about of the fragmention of mind in Arthas

Yogg-saron is the real reason behind some events of Warcraft 2 (!)

Titan are real, we learned the origins of dwarf and gnomes.

Human are descendant of some huge violent north guys : the vrykul. We learned how new born child was "different", for no reason and how vrykuls were despaired and rejected titans.

The emerald dream is slowly corrupted.

Malygos came back for madness, see the result, panicked, was killed

Ragnaros and Dark Irons tried manufacturare golems army with some gnome knowledge (surely thanks to the convient gnomeregan invasion.... )

Onyxia was behind the corruption of Stormwind and so Defias.

Nefarian, Lady Sinestra and surely at last Deathwing tried and succeeded to create a new dragonkin.

Infinite dragon are trying to stop the future, who are they ? Old Nozormus is fighting them as Chromie think or maybe it's his Futureself trying to stop his own future and known death ?

In many quests, you see Tirion being an exile and come back to unite Paladin.

You cope with the tragedy of Stratholm.

You learned about Old Gods and Ahn Quiraj.

You followed Brann's steps for years.

YES, World of warcraft expands the story. With its own way, a mmo way, told by quests and dialogs and sometimes, cinematics or raids.

You are not serious.

someone just got flattened

What does flying matter to pre 60 leveling?
    Read it, it says that they want to redo the whole old world to bring it's quality more into line with the newer lands. That means quests 1-60 as well.

I'm not sure whether to believe this, not because I doubt the credibility but because it is so radical, but I think part of the reason they may have chosen to do this is because a friend of mine told me that the WoW servers or some part of the game are starting to get too large and cannot hold too much more content. By revamping the current content there would probably be less space taken up compared to creating a whole new area. This is in no way technical and I really don't know specifics, but its just a thought.

What does flying matter to pre 60 leveling?
    I take you have never did some walljumping and exploring untextured zones. Azeroth, as right now, is completely incomplete beyond the borders of the zones. There is NOTHING. In order to bring flying mounts there, the entire world must be rebuilt, remodelled and retextured from scratch. That is a massive amount of work. If they are taking up this task, then surely they won't scoff at rewriting most of the quests either. Because that goes hand in hand.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

i didnt realize how many retards play wow until i read this thread.

/sigh

myspace.com/sexygcgurl66
    facebook.com/misfitgurl66
    xbl gamertag-misfitgurl66

Quote Originally Posted by Seriousdoom
    :-\

As much as i like the stuff in the text, i wont buy yet another expansion.
    if they only made it a fat ass content patch instead.
    ... companies dont stay in business giving away thousands of man hours of work for free very long. Especially those companies that are a limited product range company with a massive database and networking platform to pay for every month.
    Fanboy (fan·boy) -noun

1. Individual characterized by refusal to apply similar judgment to a specific product or service they apply to all other products and/or services similar in nature. (ex. first impressions, expectation of quality, expedience of improvement and/or solutions)
    2. Individuals with marked reactions in passionate defense of a specific product or service. related; see Objectivist

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LrdPhoenix
    Read it, it says that they want to redo the whole old world to bring it's quality more into line with the newer lands. That means quests 1-60 as well.
    Read what I post please. What does flying have to do with pre-60 questing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

http://www.wowwiki.com/Garona

I was wondering why she was taken to AQ. Thrall gonna kick some ass to bring her back.

Looks very good imo, will be very fun to see how the zones turn out. Though I got so say this:...
    Last but not least, Worgens will have two forms and will be able to morph between a human form and a worgen one. Players should be able to pick both appearances when they create their character.
    ... makes me wan't to reroll Though I don't want to do the things I have done on my shaman all over again and I for sure don't want to play another class...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    I take you have never did some walljumping and exploring untextured zones. Azeroth, as right now, is completely incomplete beyond the borders of the zones. There is NOTHING. In order to bring flying mounts there, the entire world must be rebuilt, remodelled and retextured from scratch. That is a massive amount of work. If they are taking up this task, then surely they won't scoff at rewriting most of the quests either. Because that goes hand in hand.
    So tell me what game are you playing that you can flying before level 60? Hence what does flying have to do with pre-60 questing. I know the work that has to be done to make the original wow Flyable. But that has nothing to do with my question nor anything i've ever said.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Just wondering if the whole thing is based on conjecture or if there is some truth toi any of it from blizzard, i mean seriously it could be a whole bunch of fan fiction.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Read what I post please. What does flying have to do with pre-60 questing.
    Because they will be needed for the new quest that you will need a flying mount for..............

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersdark
    Going on the assumption that this is true (and I have no reason to doubt it):

I'm unimaginably excited. I've long been fairly bored with WoW, this would go a huge way to bringing back the excitement.

For me, my single best Warcraft experience was up until the time when I'd explored the whole world, seen all there was to see. New expansions typically offer a bit of new content, but not a whole lot.

A remaking of the old world, though, would be even better than another wholly new continent (honestly, new continents being added is getting old anyways). It would make levelling a new toon a LOT more fun, for one thing!

What shocks me is the sticking point for the majority of people seems to be the new classes. There are a variety of different complaints, but they're really not such a stretch. Which race can be which class has virtually no impact on game balance after all! Every one has an easy time fitting into the lore after all. Warcraft lore goes way back before WoW, remember. So many of the current race/class restrictions are largely nonsensical when you look at it that way. Threatening to quit because of it, though? That's just absurd. If you don't want to take advantage of new race/class combinations, then don't. It's a comparatively minor part of the expansion as detailed.

The reality right now is the old world content is largely useless. It's old, ugly, boring, and exists only to tear through as fast as possible. Old dungeons are nearly un-usable in their current form as it's almost impossible to get groups of at-level toons to run them. Milk runs with high level toons do not constitute a good use for them =/

There would be a LOT of new content, too. Look at the Kalimdor/EK maps as they are in game. There is plenty of room for new zones - easily enough, in fact, to add the same number of zones they did in BC or WotLK right there without changing existing zones(which they obviously will, in some cases). You'd still get the same amount of new content.

This sounds very ambitious. Moreso than either of the prior expansions.

In my opinion, it's what the game needs. The old-world content is too old and dated; it NEEDS to be redone to keep the game current. The massive expense that would go into revamping it just to modernize without anything new though is simply not worth it. An expansion, though, phasing the world into an in-progress Cataclysm? Definitely worthwhile, imho.

Thank you for add some reason to discussion!

And I agree that this kind of expansion is the most ambitious thing Blizzard could do. It will be amazing.

So tell me what game are you playing that you can flying before level 60? Hence what does flying have to do with pre-60 questing. I know the work that has to be done to make the original wow Flyable. But that has nothing to do with my question nor anything i've ever said.
    Are you dense? To make the old world flyable, they must build it up from scratch. It is far far far easier to just make new quests for it than to try and backwards implement quests from the old world's geometry to new world's geometry, since, you know, due to flood and all, the relief is due to some changes.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

If this thread is down by tomorrow because of Blizz lawyers, then you know it's true.