Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Dunno why the post seen earlier said that the Old Gods are the main protagonist throughout the series. Sure, they seem to have their hand in everything Azeroth related, but nothing more.

I'd put the Nethrezim above the Old Gods. The Old Gods did nothing more than corrupt the creations of the Titans, the Nethrezim corrupted Sargeras.

By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armours hollow on the hill.

in boub we trust.

i don't believe the expansion will have all those things in it, but i believe that blizz is currently planning on doing all that.
    even IF boub got fucked, it would be just this ONE time.
    compared to all the times he was right, that's nothing.

if you don't think it's real, there is no need to complain about it anyway.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Ahhh.....who cares any way ?
    Just play the game and wait to see what happens....
    Some people waste way too much time 'thinking' about what may, or may not ever even see the light of day.
    Quit worrying about it, there isn't a damn thing you can do about it either way.
    Blizzard is Blizzard, and they will damn sure do whatever the hell they want !
    Remember: Ignorance can be corrected with a little instruction.
    But, Stupid is forever.

Hahaha Tauren Priest

Sounds like a bad joke

Quote Originally Posted by Geranguas
    I've never threatened to quit the game over changes except for this time on the previous page explaining such a thing. I've been playing WoW since it's first Beta stages when things like Plains Running didn't need to be data mined by mods to link to people. There are things I've thought about over the years of playing the game and there are limits for me. This is one of them. If Blizzard doesn't play out the changes explained in the first post in a way that makes any sense, then I'm flat out gone - I'll be done with WoW.

I'm not a major PVEer or PVPer, I'm a RPer. Changes that other people don't care about, affect my want, to or not, continue to play the game.
    RPing and MMORPGs dont mix.
    Until you learn that lesson like so many that have come before you will not be happy.
    Role playing takes a back seat to profitability and ease of development - especially in this economy. Blizzard is probably thankful they still have such a strong following of their game at this point. Some games have experienced people quitting simply because they take their video game out of their budget.

Or if you dont like that answer...
    Ghost has already told us this isnt a democracy and your minority opinion is not their ultimate concern. Quit, it is their game and will be ran the way they want to.
    Fanboy (fan·boy) -noun

1. Individual characterized by refusal to apply similar judgment to a specific product or service they apply to all other products and/or services similar in nature. (ex. first impressions, expectation of quality, expedience of improvement and/or solutions)
    2. Individuals with marked reactions in passionate defense of a specific product or service. related; see Objectivist

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

my questions is regarding the comment about the lower level cap being in place so they can get in "more expansions before the level cap of 100"

why is there this obligatory level cap of 100.
    GMs are technically level 255. and 255 (or 256) would be the best guess (from a CS perspective) on what the actual level maximum would be.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by HitAndMiss
    RPing and MMORPGs dont mix.
    you can't spell mmoRPg without the RP doufus.
    its a massively multiplayer online ROLE PLAYING game.
    it is designed to allow RP, and will continue to do so by nature.
    I'm very sorry that you yourself were the one who defeated you own aregument.

I started hating the myself for the time I put into wow after reading this, if this is true, Blizzard you lost a customer

There's a few points in the article that I think are well... bunk...

Namely flying in Azeroth, for one, I remember someone saying it would be too time consuming, or words to that effect.

But I guess we'll see come Blizzcon.

So Alliance get Worgens. And Horde get.........goblins.

How imbalanced can you get...

In regards to Garrosh leading the Horde, not sure if someone has mentioned this yet but, why does no-one remember the event leading up to the release of WotLK, the 2nd scourge invasion. You know, the one where Garrosh challenged Thrall to a duel for control of the Horde to do something about Arthas. You know, the duel where GARROSH BEAT THRALL, just as the scourge invasion happened. He should ALREADY be the Warchief, but didn't because thrall relented after the razing of Ogrimmar and ordered the invasion of Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Geranguas
    TLR - Your prediction is flawed.
    Incorrect. My prediction said that "people" would do the things I listed. Not that "all" people would do them or that "you" would do them. It seems that you are trying to manipulate my post to fit your situation. Of course there will be people that get fed up with things that Blizzard does and actually quit the game. My experience tells me, however, that the majority of the people who are promising/threatening? to quit won't follow through with it or end up returning to the game 1-2 months later anyway.

I may not have played quite as long as you have, but I've played long enough to see the supposed "end" of WoW many times. I remember when Molten Core (Molten Bore?) was the only raid in the game, Scholo was a 10-man and people would often PvP in shifts to obtain the top ranks for gear. I remember when there was only one auction house per faction (Org and IF) and you could only choose to go one flight point away instead of a string of them. People bitched back then too. Life goes on. My point was simply that *every* time a change is announced there are a set of people that thrive on immediately launching melodramatic predictions of doom. Nothing more...

This article looks like half very well researched or justified information regarding lore or smart decisions on Blizz's part, and half total hoax feeding information some people really want to hear and some don't, all together combining for a massive speculation fest lol.

Also sounds like the Horde gets totally fucked. Thrall relinquishing control to Garrosh, obviously a shitstorm just waiting to happen. Which leads to Cairne being murdered by Garrosh... WTF? And Org being destroyed? Rofl.... the trouble that would cause.... oh god lol...

I've never ever doubted you before BB, and I know you're really confident in most of this, but I'll reserve most of my judgment 'til Blizzcon hehe

im sry but a huge chunk of that i dont believe at all

all the expansions have EXPANDED the game...this isnt doing much of anything besides turning old stuff and makin us do it again. i wont be surprised if blizz did this on purpose to make us all go "HOLY S**** NO WAY" at BlizzCon

as for no new classes...well lets be real all the class changes are pointless and dont do much overall. the DK's are a huge success and i see them adding another one, my personal hope? Demon Hunter, let me digress

Demon Hunters - Illidan's beginnings as one can be tied to the Naga because he joined Azshara in the war of the ancients for a brief period and got his super magic eyes of badassness. Now imho, Cataclysm would be referring to the Maelstorm area turning into an, well area. underwater so we have underwater mounts! and Demon Hunters would fit because lore-wise they are connected to the Naga and i wont be surprised if they are using demons through the old gods.

just my 2 cents, but overall...i dont find much of what's been said to be on par with anything we've gotten so far. as such i dont put much faith in it

The new race/class changes makes no sense.
    The new expansion make no sense.
    People who wanna bring up Classic WoW again makes no sense.

If you have played during Beta - Up to WotLK, like I did, and still do.. I always look back and say "God I miss Pre TBC". It doesn't mean I want it back, it's a good memory, and I want to bring that memory with me aswell, and learn from it. I dont want them to destroy it by making this nonsense expansion (Nothing of this info about Cataclysm is officially yet, but still 50% of the news might be true.) New Onyxia with a ugly mount, and all about revamping classic wow and bringin' up Ragnaros again is nonsense aswell. They're destroying the memories with Onyxia and Ragnaros and everything about Classic WoW.

Again nothing is officially yet, and I hope 100% of this nonsense post is false. I beg you Blizzard, dont ruin your perfect MMO Game out there so far. You fucked the 3x Set of T9 up, stop it and try to think before you act in such a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Xid

Yeah I know! The alliance get the lame race AGAIN

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xid

Not sure where you're going with this.

I'm hoping Worgen will balance the HUGE surplus of blood elves from alliance re-rolls :/
    Look at me! I have a signature!

Please tell me they will make us be able to change classes also ><
    Want my Shaman to become a druid!

10+ Year Old Account

This is all bull. I'd like to see any of these "reliable sources" for myself.

Hey, look! There's something on the ceiling!

Made you look.

:|
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuchaleft
    But I guess we'll see come Blizzcon.
    ... EXACTLY!