Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical
    How is this any different from BC's new races or WotLK's new class? There is no more emphasis on the new races here than there was in previous expansions.
    Its not any different then Belfs and draenei, but I think they prove my point. Sure 1-20 was fun with the new starter zones but how awesome was leveling 20-58 while everyone else was enjoying outlands. (only to find out that outlands kinda sucked). How awesome was it to go through outlands (which I previously mentioned as sucking) while everyone else was enjoying Northrend (which was awesome). Granted this is through my eyes as I rolled a Belf day one of TBC, and rolled a DK day one of wrath and leveled both of them actively.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gannom
    he also edited, and i could easily switch to a second account in 10 sec and post
    Dude my internet is not that fast. It takes me 10 seconds just to load one page of a forum. So stfu.

reasons? to get massive site traffic and thus money from ads? OR blizzard is having people "leak" bad info to sell more blizzcon virtual tickets
    Sacrificing long term profits in favor of small short term ones is a very poor business decision. Getting an extra 50% from ad revenue for a couple days is not worth losing future ad revenue from disenfranchised readers.

1 still doesn't explain troll druids, troll shape shifting magic is way different then druid
    I (and most others) would argue that many trolls in the troll instances are druid. Prove me otherwise.

2 i fail to see how tauren religion like night elf means pally tauren
    The point is that Blizzard is setting up a situation where Taurens may question their religion and what it means. This could easily be the start of a chain of events that leads Taurens to start practicing the light, as opposed to whatever they do now.

3 screen shot of where it actually says that they will be playable class/race combos, otherwise it is just speculation
    Do you need me to screenshot the PTR's database? I mean, I could if you really wanted me to. If the database entries are not enough evidence (I admit they can be kinda abstract), then I ask you to refer to my statement about Boub 'confirming' information. He has a source.

Malfurion Stormrage 1 hates thrall 2 is stuck in the emerald nightmare
    How Malfurion feels in the past does not affect his future decisions. Did you know that Illidan was once a good guy? And so was Arthas?! LOLOL HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE THAT THEY ARE BAD THEN NOW? Obviously people change.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Morlin
    Dude my internet is not that fast. It takes me 10 seconds just to load one page of a forum. So stfu.
    And so what if I edited? I accidentally put my reply within the text I was quoting. And I don't understand going through the trouble of making a second account for a site like this. Waste of time, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Polimera
    Then quit, we won't miss you
    Just being a bit confused and very disappointed in this information kinda makes me want to express myself and my opinion about this.
    I think it fails, but I understand (barely... but I do) that people will enjoy this somehow.
    It's just not what I and many expected and not what we are waiting for. (Certainly not the meaningless things like new classes,...)
    However I never said anything about Blizzard losing ppl,... commenting others post,...

I respect opinions.
    And your answer is just pointless.

Love

Evyan ^^

Does anyone have any idea why they would want to kill off Cairne?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Phasing the old world...hmm...
    There is actually 1 plus in this...low levels cant beg any boost anymore cause your world is phased differently...kind of like icecrown questlines. Where u fly around and spot a titanium vein...u /drool for a second...when u reach there it magically disaperas (some1 in other phase just mined it /facepalm)

he also edited, and i could easily switch to a second account in 10 sec and post
    I assure you I am not any of these people. And I didn't edit any of my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    Does anyone have any idea why they would want to kill off Cairne?
    Drama value. When good people die it makes it exciting. Kinda boring when the heroes always prosper.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

i fail to see how siting historical evidence of reliable sources being wrong is "blah blah blah"
    if anything its your knee jerk reaction that everything mmo-champion says MUST be true that is painfully stupid when there is SOLID EVIDENCE that it isn't why the heck would Malfurion Stormrage who HATES orcs make THRALL The Guardian of Tirisfal?
    also

If I remember correctly from info I have heard, don't most newspapers print headlines with the election going both ways, that way they can get the paper out as fast as possible? I wasn't around when the event in the picture happened, so I'm not exactly sure of the circumstances there. But I'm pretty sure that for some things, papers print both ways that something could go for it to be "hot off the presses" faster.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

I'd also like to add this little gem:

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    SA only added a few extra information on lore, some of it already confirmed by changes made to the game in 3.2.2. I also had to wake up someone at 04:00AM to make sure I wasn't saying anything stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I also had to wake up someone at 04:00AM to make sure I wasn't saying anything stupid.
    Furthers my point.

I think this.........sucks. I have no words for it. How can people like this? How can blizz do this? It feels like they're abandoning there own lore and just create new so they can see more $$ in their eyes. I don't mind the revamp, I do mind the worgen as a playable race. GOblins I understand, they were horde once so wth? And I really dont like the new class-race combinations.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before and I'm sorry if I'm repeating this; but, it seems to me like Blizz is trying to get more people to pay for the Blizzcon cast on DirectTV, and maybe MMO-Champion is helping them do this by posting all of this information. The first part of this entire post basically says "YOU SHOULD WATCH BLIZZCON ON DIRECT TV FOR 39.95!" and then states all of the "leaked" information. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means, but it seems suspicious to me.

If this information is true, both parties (MMO-Champ and Blizz) are in a win-win situation. MMO gets more ad revenue from all of this buzz and retains its credibility and Blizz gets extra purchases of the Blizzcon cast. It all seem plausible to me.

Alright, that's fine, thanks for the link. But still, I think that some papers also do print some things in advance as well. Never know when something could get leaked. But thanks for the info and I see what you mean in that example.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

i fail to see how siting historical evidence of reliable sources being wrong is "blah blah blah"
    if anything its your knee jerk reaction that everything mmo-champion says MUST be true that is painfully stupid when there is SOLID EVIDENCE that it isn't why the heck would Malfurion Stormrage who HATES orcs make THRALL The Guardian of Tirisfal?
    MMO-Champion has no reason to lie. None. In fact, lying to us or posting something like this that they think might not be true would hurt them in the long run. Can't you see that? ???

And "solid evidence"? Blizzard has said already that lore is expendable if they want to make the game fun. Not to mention Malfurion has already worked with Thrall before under the guidance of the former Guardian, Medivh. It's not such a long shot that Malfurion would wish to help the new Guardian, no matter who they are. And considering he's gotten help from Thrall previously, it's not too hard to think "Hey, maybe he'll actually be a good guardian!"

We don't even know why Malfurion would help the Guardian in the first place! Why would they make the first druid the person to go to when it comes to helping the new Guardian? Again, all of this is something they can find out in the game!

We're going to have an entire book covering Malfurion soon, and I'm sure if this entire situation comes to pass, we'll find out why Malfurion "changed" in the book and probably why he's the go-to person for the Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymbaline
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before and I'm sorry if I'm repeating this; but, it seems to me like Blizz is trying to get more people to pay for the Blizzcon cast on DirectTV, and maybe MMO-Champion is helping them do this by posting all of this information. The first part of this entire post basically says "YOU SHOULD WATCH BLIZZCON ON DIRECT TV FOR 39.95!" and then states all of the "leaked" information. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means, but it seems suspicious to me.

If this information is true, both parties (MMO-Champ and Blizz) are in a win-win situation. MMO gets more ad revenue from all of this buzz and retains its credibility and Blizz gets extra purchases of the Blizzcon cast. It all seem plausible to me.
    Oh, yes, this is all part of their master plan. :

has any1 ever thought downside of phasing tech on old world? especially achievement point of view. After u complete particular quest line u phase to next cenario and u can never turn back. I know some guys missed some quests like this in icecrown and they are unable to finish Icecrown quest achievement cause they cant complete certain ammount of quests anymore.

Zul'Gurub. Each priest was a powerful champion of the Primal Gods, meaning there shape shifting power comes from being chosen by the primal god that they represent and can take the form of. druids on the other hand ALL worship centarus not the primal gods, meaning that its totally different religion with totally different abilities
    Nothing there dictates that they must have different abilities. A different religion? Sure. Different style? Sure. But classed under druid none the less. Blood Elf's managed to continue to practice the ways of the Paladin by sapping Naaru light power. Is it the same as the Alliance? No. But still a Paladin.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_Knights

that is a VERY weak argument, arthas didnt "change" he always wanted power, and we have no evidence that Malfurion has changed
    The evidence will come in the next expansion. Obviously there will be story built up to it.

Great. Everyone bends the facts so that they match their point of view.
    Great. Everyone acts like HE is the one who decides about wow lore.
    Great. Everyone ignores the fact that this is in fact not an official announcement but still try to prove/disprove it.
    Great. Everyone is being a dick again.
    Sad.
    @the true parts: great compilation of information.
    @the false parts: great imagination. would like to see some of it.
    Could you all go back to complaining about how blizzard can make us kill arthas who is the most badass guy in the universe of warcraft who is unmatched by anyone ever. I actually got used to that crap already. \hijack

Quote Originally Posted by Cymbaline

Why should I watch(=pay for) the stream if MMO-Champion is leaking the information anyway?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I ALMOST paid for the paid BlizzCon Stream!

IC wut u did d'ere Blizzard!

Clever, really clever...

Oh someone pointed that out before
    Your you're own enemy.