Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Great troll, or greatest troll ever? We'll know in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Great. Everyone bends the facts so that they match their point of view.
    Great. Everyone acts like HE is the one who decides about wow lore.
    Great. Everyone ignores the fact that this is in fact not an official announcement but still try to prove/disprove it.
    Great. Everyone is being a dick again.
    Sad.
    @the true parts: great compilation of information.
    @the false parts: great imagination. would like to see some of it.
    Could you all go back to complaining about how blizzard can make us kill arthas who is the most badass guy in the universe of warcraft who is unmatched by anyone ever. I actually got used to that crap already. \hijack
    Why should I watch(=pay for) the stream if MMO-Champion is leaking the information anyway?
    Isnt this just an epic statement of obvious QQ points. :
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical
    Frequently Asked Questions
    And other crybaby QQ...

Feel free to copy this, cut this up, repost it, add in another question / QQ or whatever. Just providing people some general information. Stop crying, thanks.
    Thank you for taking the time to write that FAQ. Sticky please.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Durotar is wrecked and apparently Orgrimmar could be destroyed. A new Orc city is rebuilt over the course of the expansion.

didn't it say troll city first when it came up? or am i mistaken?
    (read it when it was just up, think the SA were not even added yet?)

meh, would've loved a troll city way more than a orc one

would give trolls finally something to do, and ya know, troll citys are cool
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

Well, I couldn't resist.

1. For those of you thinking "No, it's not real because there's no hero class!" Ghostcrawler himself said not to expect a new hero class every expansion. Go tear through the blue posts for it, although it's debatable whether or not you'll find it.

2. Why in the hell would he name his source. If it's really from inside Blizzard there's no way he'd expose the poor guy who would likely be fired in a heartbeat if they were to find out who it was that gave this information out.

3. There's lore behind just about everything he's posted, minus the troll druids. Wildhammer dwarves are also more in tune with nature than other factions of dwarves are. They also worship Elune, just as Night elves and Taurens do, Taurens to a lesser extent as they believe Elune to be a lesser god compared to theirs.. and Taurens are able to be shamans.

4. Canyons are carved from water most of the time. Salt flats once used to be oceans. It's very possible that the entire area of Thousand Needles could flood.

5. There was a discussion between two Taurens about the "Light" as if referring to the same "Light" one refers to when speaking of Paladins. It seems odd but that would give more backing to Taurens being able to play as Paladins.

6. Blood elf warriors? Think of Blood Knights.

7. Gnome preists? Escapees from Gnomergan, or even a possibility of Gnomergan becoming their capital as stated in the news of this website.

All of this makes me beleive this could be true but one thing still stands in my way. Even though the lore fits there could be one thing. The blizzard employee might have wanted us to get all worked up, and indeed make more of a profit for Blizzard while making us think we had it all figured out and then slap us with something entirely new that we'd never have guessed would be in the upcoming expansion. In short, it's very possible this is all a lie by Blizzard. Despite having just typed this paragraph at the end of this post it's also more realistic to see the speculations posted by MMO-champion as true. Chances a Blizzard employee would risk his job for this and hence remain unnamed are pretty thin, let alone if it's all some elaborate scheme by Blizzard it could be seen as false advertising if that's ever uncovered. I'd have to say I think all this stuff here about the Maelstrom on the front page is true whether it pleases everyone or not.

Dude, this is just not very probable.
    Some of these changes would make me /quite WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu
    Dude, this is just not very probable.
    Some of these changes would make me /quite WoW
    /quite, eh?
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Just reserved the name Holycow on my server, I cant believe it wasn't taken yet
    Humans only. No pony zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanotrev
    2. Why in the hell would he name his source. If it's really from inside Blizzard there's no way he'd expose the poor guy who would likely be fired in a heartbeat if they were to find out who it was that gave this information out.
    Blizzard has long ago graduated from a company with non-sanctioned leaks to one with planned "leaks."

Governments and big business have been doing this for eons (or at least since the advent of writing and subterfuge). Blizzard "leaked" this intentionally, for whatever reasons they came up with, and that we can only speculate upon. You don't honestly believe that everytime you see "a source who asked to remain anonymous" in the press that the source was acting alone, of their own volition, do you?

When an unnamed source in the Obama administration, for example, says something in the press, in about half of the cases, that was an Obama-signed-and-approved message, that he wanted delivered to the press in a way that he could later deny, or that he could later alter based on public opinion.

The source is unnamed here not because someone's job is on the line. It's because that's the way the game is played. MMO-Champ probably was given this info only if he would strongly urge readers to pay $40 for the live stream within the top three lines.

In the end, if this information is indeed canon, the prospect of playing as a Worgan will be the highlight of my playtime. I trust in Bob's information, the idea of validating information that seems questionable is understandable, yes, but we must not turn this thread into a battle of personal preferences and allegiances. Remain calm, patient, a week is not too long. If what you expected does or doesn't come to light, then you are free to continue or sever ties with Blizzard. We should just be grateful that an expansion is already in the works, and Blizzard is trying to cater to it's consumers. Stay level headed (and sober), and just be happy there will be more to do and more to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyclean
    Every time I see you post, I always expect nerd rage. What's with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvernight
    Blizzard has long ago graduated from a company with non-sanctioned leaks to one with planned "leaks."
    How much does that change what I said, and with that, do you have proof that your assumption is correct? I'm not saying you're entirely wrong but I am pointing out that it could also be false no matter how likely or how unlikely it is.

Also, I do believe that there are "planted" leaks. Sorry if I seemed so oblivious. Perhaps what you said even better proves what my entire post before this one was aimed at

Quote Originally Posted by aeluna
    Blizzard needs to get with the times, still holding true to themselves, and see what these other MMO's are doing. Revamp the graphics and give us a new beautiful world.
    Graphics are for games with no content. My friend has a framerate of about 10 on good days and can't afford another computer, the'd lose her as customer - and there are many customers who don't have high end computers and never will.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by gannom
    Lets play MARK THE ERRORS! ;D ;D ;D

1. "Update - Another update from the Something Awful forums has been confirmed and is now integrated to the post. (The original quote was removed by the author's request on SA)" SA is a forum for trolling all they do is troll

2 Level Cap
    The level cap in the next expansion will be slightly lower than expected this time around; 85.

here we sight the list from 04 see below

* Dwarf Shaman - No dwarves do NOT have the spiritual connection nor the technology to be shamans
    * Tauren Paladin - tauren are creatures that are connected to nature NOT the light
    * Gnome Priest - gnomes do not understand the powers of the holy
    * Troll Druid - troll do not have the connection to nature required to be a druid

4!
    "Goblins" where to start....
    "Deathwing once again sought the services of the goblins, as slaves. Unable to refuse such an offer, the goblins were enslaved by him. A large group have resisted however."
    What? when? this is completely fake!

"With their previous homes devastated by the cataclysm, they escaping to an island off the coast of The Barrens. As they strive to recover, they come across an Orc captured on an Alliance ship and rescue him. The Orc turns out to be none other than Thrall himself, and in return offers the Goblins a place within the Horde. "
    umm more fabrications... the cataclysm refers to the great sundering and was THOUSANDS of years ago before orcs even came to azeroth!

"Worgen
    The cataclysm has cracked open the Greymane Wall, finally revealing what has happened to the kingdom of Gilneas" see goblins

5! Classic Azeroth Revamp
    "A cataclysmic event caused by Deathwing and Azshara will change the face of Azeroth as we know it."
    see goblins again
    * Wailing Caverns will be become a lush tropical area as a result of the druid's magic
    ummm it kinda is if you look at it

6!Classic Dungeon Revamp
    Redesigning Onyxia's Lair in Patch 3.2.2 was just the first step. As most of the leveling will take place in revamped areas of Azeroth, so too will the dungeons, allowing players to use them to level from 80 to 85.
    see the list from 04

7!Unreleased Zones & Dungeons
    "several underwater zones."
    blizzard has stated that underwater content has too many technical issues to be used in major stuff

8!The Guardian of Tirisfal
    Malfurion Stormrage will be returning to Azeroth to aid in the creation of the new Guardian of Tirisfal - Thrall! Med'an's role in these events is currently unknown.
    WAIT WHAT?

9! The New (New) Horde
    "Thrall will hand over the leadership of the Horde to Garrosh Hellscream" umm thrall thinks garrosh shouldn't even be the head of northrend forces

10! THE LIST from 04 has never been wrong so here it is

You are aware that this new expansion will have a NEW Cataclysm That is gonna reshape the world that is how blizzard is explaining all this. Expect BRAND NEW OLD WORLD. Barrens is CUT in half! 2 lands. all this shit is explained if you have an imagination that sees shit as its explained.

Okay, let me......unleash my nerd rage.(not literally...lol)
    The only thing that makes sense in this whole post is goblins for horde.....
    seems like some alliance fanboy's idea of a joke.....
    Worgen will not be a new race their leader is Shadowmage Argual which is a killable boss at level 24 in Shadowfang keep. Worgen are hostile creatures to both factions and are unable to ride mounts.
    It wouldn't be like blizz to redo all the classic dungeons..... first of all they would be too easy and second of all it's a lot of work for a bunch of people to complain about.
    the whole classes things were meant for Npcs there is enough classes per race and they have a healthy balance for the most part:
    Alliance - Horde
    Druid 1-1
    Shaman 1-3
    Paladin 3-1
    Warrior 5-4
    Hunter 3-4
    Rogue 4-4
    Mage 3-3
    Warlock 2-3
    Priest 4-3
    Death Knight 5-5
    ----------------
    Total 29-31

Just my personal look on this but i think this is just complete BS...

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersdark
    Think of how it would improve the new player experience! Right now, a new playing coming to warcraft sees an empty, ugly, horribly dated world that's completely empty. Levelling up, they find dungeons and instances that they can't enter because there's noone to run them with.
    But this is bad game design which will remain, until they get rid of the notion that you must group to go into dungeons.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by rulox665
    Just my personal look on this but i think this is just complete BS...
    If only we cared. I don't know much off lore, but i know why Worgen are able to join Alliance...guess what it took me 5-10 mins reading wowwiki about Worgen race.

Try reading some things before you post useless crap.

Good Cheese comes from Pallies.
    Happy Pallies come from Mulgore.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    Remember, young Warrior: You are a seal.

ArP ArP ArP!

Quote Originally Posted by Proto-Typexx
    Ok well first of all my opinion is that maybe blizz asked boubouille to do a post like this and so everione will start questioning themselve about this .. well the only way to get an answer is to watch or go to Blizzcon 2009 in this kind of situation blizz will just make more money of you curious people that want an answer ;D

Second is why would blizz screw up Lore's and other stuff like that even the origins of Warcraft would be screw .. Just to make money ? well idk seem suspicious to me
    Well, I'm not one for conspiracy theories (really!), but looking back at it, it does seem a bit suspicious that a huge leak takes place exactly one week before Blizzcon, for which stream tickets are still being sold. Plus, Boubouille took the time to suggest getting tickets and even tags a blue post about this on top of the leak. :-X

As for the lore, it's really not that messed up if you think about it and are willing to agree that Azeroth's races are not completely static. I mean, vanilla WoW told us that dwarves learned the light from the humans. Can't the tauren do the same from the blood elves? Can't the trolls learn druidism from taurens? Can't the dwarves learn shamanism from the draenei (and Wildhammers)? Personally, from a lore PoV, this leak seems better to me than BC was.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle
    So once I install the x-pac and "get phased" I will forever be unable to complete quests in thousand needles? Because if the zone is now flooded for me, I can't go and kill the centaurs on the ground that would have drowned from the flooding.

Phasing old content to be new doesn't work, unless you can turn it off some how. And that doesn't work for the story and would hurt wow more imo.
    OR when you select a character from the selection screen - IF - you have character 80+ you will be asked if you wish to login to the old world or the new world.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvernight

Governments and big business have been doing this for eons (or at least since the advent of writing and subterfuge). Blizzard "leaked" this intentionally, for whatever reasons they came up with, and that we can only speculate upon. You don't honestly believe that everytime you see "a source who asked to remain anonymous" in the press that the source was acting alone, of their own volition, do you?

When an unnamed source in the Obama administration, for example, says something in the press, in about half of the cases, that was an Obama-signed-and-approved message, that he wanted delivered to the press in a way that he could later deny, or that he could later alter based on public opinion.

The source is unnamed here not because someone's job is on the line. It's because that's the way the game is played. MMO-Champ probably was given this info only if he would strongly urge readers to pay $40 for the live stream within the top three lines.
    He wasn't given anything, this information came from a thread on the somethingawful forums. Nice try though.