Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

part of this is false. blizzard previously announced (before wrath came out ) that they would be releasing a new hero class every expansion.

so I'm assuming they will give details on this @ blizzcon

03:18 @Bibi- • I have an announcement
    03:19 @Bibi- • Everything I posted on the front page was fake
    03:19 @Bibi- • I only did it because I wanted to impress KaNNis, who is my true love
    03:19 @Bibi- • I apologize for that.
    03:19 KaNNis • Ok.

Ok, break it up people, nothing to see here, break it up, go watch some movie.

15+ Year Old Account

I love the speculation here! 85+ pages of pure debate, whining, expansion, shooting down, criticising, and all out speaking of opinion on each and every issue. This was Bobouille's plan all along: to instigate conversation surrounding the expansion.

Everything, including the purported new races, is still speculation. Even the name has not been confirmed. And until Blizzard make their announcements and officially release information to us through the main website and Blizzcon (w00t!), it will continue to be speculation.

But damn if it doesn't arouse discussion!

The WoWgeek in me wants it all to be true, to some extent (even though I don't play Horde, the thought of Thrall handing over leadership just doesn't sit right). But the skeptic in me knows to just sit back, be patient and see what Blizzard release to us when they are ready to.

One thing that I'm happy about -- and this only applies if I decide to begin playing again -- is the smaller level cap. With one of each class it takes a heck of a lot of dedication to level past a certain point; yes, even with the levelling changes. It would be nice to get everyone to 80 -- and if the new level cap is 85, it's a small leap for each toon to reach the new cap. It's the getting to 80 from level 68/70 that is the big thing, though. :/

Revisiting old dungeons would be very refreshing. And it is about time we see Uldum. I really hope that this is part of Blizzard's plan for the as-yet-unnamed expac.
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthetic
    part of this is false. blizzard previously announced (before wrath came out ) that they would be releasing a new hero class every expansion.

Or it's just not something that can be datamined, or wasn't in the leak(s).

And for the brainless drone that posted "zomg it can't be this the next two expansions are Emerald Dream and the Maelstrom. Those were just about as confirmed as all this, but with this there is at least a LOT more meat to it.

And... blizzard is free to change their minds about direction I do believe. Yes, they've said that it would be a massive undertaking to redo old world, and yes, they said they PROBABLY wouldn't. But there has been a big outcry from the wowmass and it cries for an updated old world. If anything, I give Blizzard kudos for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Staketroger
    why would you think that the lvl cap is 100? I mean just because its the lvl cap in many other games doesnt mean shit in wow, since there are a lot of thing in wow that doesnt really make any sence what so ever.

Also I think most of what was written is bullshit. Blizzard have said that they wont remake shit in the classic azeroth world mostly because that would be more work then actually making a new continent. Also I dont think they would change entire azeroth for one expansion when its not the last. Cataclysm will probably be the last expansion.
    The next two expansions have as far as I know already been leaked and they are The emerald dream and the mealstrom.
    Herro preashe, cite shource preash, Don't think they shaid that herro preash?
    Arsho, rlolr'd mearshtrom. Giant shpinning ham in middre of oshun herro preashe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthetic

Tom Chilton, the creator and director of Wow, my deity, said that they can not add a hero class in every xpac, due to class balancing problems. There is a link somewhere on this post. Plus, it's common sense that they can't add in a pwnzors class every xpac.
    Hater's gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidiyan
    Or it's just not something that can be datamined, or wasn't in the leak(s).

And for the brainless drone that posted "zomg it can't be this the next two expansions are Emerald Dream and the Maelstrom. Those were just about as confirmed as all this, but with this there is at least a LOT more meat to it.

And... blizzard is free to change their minds about direction I do believe. Yes, they've said that it would be a massive undertaking to redo old world, and yes, they said they PROBABLY wouldn't. But there has been a big outcry from the wowmass and it cries for an updated old world. If anything, I give Blizzard kudos for listening.
    Btw, the cataclysm created he maelstrom, just thought id like to add that.
    Hater's gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannakae
    Issue 2: The name

I’m not going to quote this but naming an expansion simply World of Warcraft: Cataclysm seems like way to much of a cop-out for Blizzard. I understand the whole issue with the copyrighting the name of cataclysm and such but for them to do that just doesn’t sit well with me.
    I agree that if it is WoW:C, it would not be as great as some others. I have some ideas for different ideas
    World of Warcraft: The Second Sundering
    World of Warcraft: The Great Cataclysm
    World of Warcraft: Revelation of the Cataclysm
    World of Warcraft: Echoes of the Cataclysm(not mine, just one I saw in a thread somewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    I agree that if it is WoW:C, it would not be as great as some others. I have some ideas for different ideas
    World of Warcraft: The Second Sundering
    World of Warcraft: The Great Cataclysm
    World of Warcraft: Revelation of the Cataclysm
    World of Warcraft: Echoes of the Cataclysm(not mine, just one I saw in a thread somewhere)
    Exactly. While i'd like the idea of Cataclysm having it simply be that is just way to simple for such a company like Blizzard. Personally I like that Echoes one. Because the Cataclysm as we know it is actually just another name for the Sundering and unless the entire expansion is one giant Caverns of time...oh wait theres an idea lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee
    why? because you'r one of those crybabies who can't deal with change.
    Or maybe because he likes the lore of the warcraft series and how Cairne's one of the few "leaders" of any race with a cool head and no need to show off his impressive brute force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk
    Or maybe because he likes the lore of the warcraft series and how Cairne's one of the few "leaders" of any race with a cool head and no need to show off his impressive brute force.
    Exactly, it's not really a "change".

It's like in a tv series when they have sweeps and decide to kill off a beloved character who isn't quite a main character but has no reason to be killed off. Dr Beckett in Star Gate Atlantis anyone?

They just come up with a quick death for them even though they haven't been in the front of anything, and everyone generally likes them, then the audience grieves and is upset for a while creating more buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Priest74
    In a few days all of you who dont believe what mmo-champion says about the new expansion will see that the information is true.
    I mean come on this is not just one WoW fanpage this is the source of information on wow and it is used by many magazines around the world and it is known to
    be very reliable.
    I believe the news about WoW Cataclysm. I few details might change in the process as they sometimes do in game develpopment cycles but i do believe what mmo-champion says about the addon.
    You folks come here day after day. Why? Because you dont believe the news here? No you come here because you know that mmo-champion is a highly reliable wow news website. So why do you suddenly jump ship?

Lots of criticism but no faith? Come on guys show more support please. I am sure the editor at mmo-champion has done the best to check if these information about the next addon is true.
    Even if you dont believe him show more courtesy please.
    I think we owe that to him, having provided us with excellent wow news all this time.

Thank you mmo-champion.
    ^This !

By the way:

The Some of these have alreadly been datamined from the 3.2.2 Test Realms.
    The Some ? :P

For all of you peoples who are like WTF how can these changes happen to the areas of the map like 1k needles... well the name everyone is rolling with is Cataclysm and it did say that lots of changes were gonna happen and when HUGE magics are being used the world does tend to be changed *points at outland* it didnt always look like that you know. It makes perfect sense that there is an earthquake that makes a nice hole in tanaris which then floods the salt flats and thus the majority of 1k needles... and also blizzard isnt dumb (for the most part) while they do like to play the "our amps go to 11" card alot they do turn it down afterwards like they do with everything... so expect there to be a HUGE MF'IN change then have it corrected over time... like death knights were.

Also with this new phasing shiz they have been tossing around that pretty much indicates to me that your lvling experience wont change that much.. for all we know barrens will be exactly like Shadow Vault in Icecrown.. until you trigger the event that opens it to you... its just like it was before, in this case a lowbie zone... I doubt many things will change for the low end player.. but if it does HELL YEAH an excuse to roll another toon and behold for all you twink lovers out there *whispers* new low end content = new low end gear about 99% of the time

So in short.. this has a lot of potential i dont doubt many of the things talked about here and that were leaked will stay the same by release date.. but Blizz always has tricks up their sleeves and can throw a mean curve ball when they want.. but thats why they leak this stuff.. and for those of you who dont think blizz has a little room somewhere with a pale pimply fat dude with the tag that says intern on his shirt that never leaves that room and just sits around reading forums of respected sites like this loggin feed back.. you are just silly.. people lose jobs for leakin stuff like this... so it was done intentionally and strategically for us to bitch moan argue and fight over so they know what to deliver.. and honestly in my experience blizz likes to piss off the average joe becuase they know it gets rise out of the rest of us... not to mention they end up seeing that in the end their retarded rant about oh this should be this way is just not up to par with what blizz has instore for us...

sit back and enjoy is what i say

and keep up the trollin its funny to watch people cry about things they have no idea if it will happen or not.

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoiBlanxSon
    I've just got off the phone with my old lady "shes the janitor at Blizzard headquarters with the slight pimp step" and she's advised me of the following.

1. New Armor type
    Invisible Rubber - Pretty much it's armor for your pet incase it had unstoppable fall over syndrome (commonly found in water rats and Spring boks) and since it's invisible they wont be noticed so your've just gotta guess its wat it is.

2. New type of Pet
    Mechanical Chicken Stew Pie - Ok so it's not a pet, but I thought I'd mention it incase their was a hungry robot.

3. New Class
    That's right, you heard it here first there will be a new class. It's called maths and it starts just after recess so have your books and pens ready.

4. "Follow" will be replaced with short sprint behind him then a quick fend and you run past them to the destination

5. Mounts are being removed and in it's place every person will receive a foot pedal with their new expansion and you have to walk IRL on the foot pedal to each place.

6. New Weapon type - Back Hand. Can be used only on female characters.

7. I hit double enter

8. Fishing will be illegal. Anyone caught fishing within the waters of Azeroth, Northrend will be prosecuted and could receive fines of up to $3.20

9. Guilds are being reset. I know you just dropped a tear down your cheek and you are considering to taste it. Guilds are being dropped and replaced with Possé

and the last newest update to the expansion is.... (drum roll noise in e minor).........

10. PVP will now be underwater. This will allow my undead who looks the shiznits swimming a much needed boost and utilise the water more in this game. On this also, scoober gear and the trailer bootlegs to the song My Boy will be available. So keep your eyes and ears out.

Thank you for reading.
    OMFG I CANT WAIT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by k-ton
    First off, Malfurion wont magically show up before the Emerald Dream expansion and make Thrall a mage(lulz).
    Suddenly I have a feeling that if they make Jaina Guardian, Thrall will....

Patch 4.1: New boss in karazhan, shade of thrall, "I am not some simple jesters, I am THRALL!"
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

revamped old content via "phasing" is a very great idea.

It's like you really lived through the time-line. The older you get(your character level), the differnt content you will see.
    Now there is another event happened in your homeland, you have to rescue your home.

Also, I hope all major NPCs no longer just sit in their city doing nothing. Finally they get something new to do.

Well, level cap is a concern, since it may not be able to solo "old" 80s instances :/

Damn i never understood why Cairne forced by blizz to be the most desrespected race leader to evry1, im a tauren and i want to remember him only as he was in the stratgegy.SRSLY!

He was my 2nd Fav hero there, , , i mean shockwave war stomp etc etc <3 unique weapon`s 2 totems X on hes back not 1 in the hand!, He had titans grip since always!!!, cool looks, rasta hair, an AXE!!!!!!! wise voice, a slow movement beast! pwning all that fast movement little thingys that live in anxiety, thats why i loved Taurens because of HIM and hes epic coolness.

Most underrated race leader in the history of wow EVER!!! he could be alllloooot more active, they killed him tottaly alrdy, through all that years. They abandoned him.And in year 2009 they finally understood that he is way too abandoned and uncool...

That pathetic npc in green gears in Thunderbluf dosnt look like the mighty Cairne to me. Only hes type of weapon reminds him a bit.

He could be redisigned 100% to the real Cairne in hes battle suit, once again rdy for the big wars.

He could be even in that "cut scene" in front of Icecrown gate, imagine him to Tremble the earth with a war stomp while evry1 was fighting alrdy and all the %ckin pupets doing %ckin silence after that!!.... while rocks fallin from the ledges and dust makin a big circle of silence..

And all you hear is cold wind and an old wise and calm voice to say "Enouph"

Cairne points high and after that The forsaken going on with the speech....

!!!!!!

Anyway ....
    Respect to Cairne the first tauren i ever played!!! Long Live!

I hope his son will get all that cool stuff that we missed , , for all those years..-I hope they will give Cairne at least a respectfull death, or a more respectfull cause of death, smthing like a sacrifice not ezly understandable by us, a ridle that gets solved only to the next exp, because he is/was THAT wise.

I cant live without thrall being my leader!!!

I don't believe most of the information about Cataclysm.

But I've been wrong almost every time before so.. It must be true.

Also, possibly new hero classes/races?