Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by TyphonTook
    Yes, it would make sense from a game design stand-point that characters would have to literally be made invisible for "sneaking" to work, but like I said, the actual class description on the character creation screen says that rogues use some small forms of magic. I wouldn't call the ability "Vanish" if the character wasn't literally disappearing. Also, Shadowstep is a form of teleportation, like Blink meets charge. Finally, you can hide in plain sight right in front of someone while stealthed (if their stealth detection isn't up to snuff, of course). I'm not trying to argue with you, of course (this is actually getting pretty interesting), just trying to get into the minds of the Devs and lore writers.
    Good point. I see how it is uncannily like magic. Just without mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fraiche
    Reading through the Blizzcon 2009 Schedule, the only really new wow stuff we're getting this year is Ice Crown Citadel, nothing more and nothing less.
    Sorry but this is a SC2/D3 year
    you don't really think they would put WoW-Cataclysm Announcement in BIG FAT Letters on the schedule, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fraiche
    Reading through the Blizzcon 2009 Schedule, the only really new wow stuff we're getting this year is Ice Crown Citadel, nothing more and nothing less.
    Sorry but this is a SC2/D3 year
    Nah only thing they will say about D3 is 1 new class(prolly rogue/amazon type ranged physical class or Javabarb!!! oh nwm...), and instead of more D3 news they will finally say what Diablo 2 1.13patch will hold and extra 5months for its release date!

i don't like the fact of garrosh taking over.... didn't Overlord Saurfang say if garrosh took them back into mindless killing machines he would kill him himself? bc if garrosh does take over things would go back to the way it was, ppl would see orcs as mindless killing machines again... sigh just as we were becoming the good guys and the allies were the emo bad guys now LONG LIVE THRALL!!!!

Tauren paladin? WTF. I hope this don´t happen!

The rest is pretty cool, I am just scared about taurens paladin. Worst just if it was undead paladins! lol

Finally Dwarfs get to be a shaman cant wait to roll one since i dont like how the draenai run and junk id rather use a dwarf.

With regards to the New expansion

I might be a little slow, but i just saw Dragonstalker's Helm, on the lvl 80 loot list... cmon now

Are blizzard really serious about revamping ony? but i mean yeah sure revamp it, but for the love of god make new item models, u seriously cant think u can just take old gear, slap some new stats on them and expect people to be happy, pull finger and design new model ffs! im sorry, it aint the first time u just decide to take old models and slap new stats on me... , if u make an expansion, make it an expansion, with new models, and if u revamp bosses change them a little, im going to be very sad rocking up to kill ony and u have to do the EXACT same tactic... use ur imagintion blizzard ... please.. where has ur originality gone?

TBH, it really feels like blizzard has just given up on wow, with all they new games coming out, S2, and diablo3.. they not putting effort into wow anymore

I hope this is true. . . old world desperately needs a revamp, and to see old zones updated for new circumstances would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adys
    I don't think anyone can say "almost all" the content is just a revamp. Don't expect something half-assed. I've been playing five years, I've hated some content (particularly TBC), I've loved some other (particularly wotlk). But I've never seen Blizzard release any "half-assed" patch, let alone an expansion.
    How can someone hate TBC but love WOTLK?! must be a casual..

i also hope it is true.
    but i don't think that the worgen are suitable to the alliance.
    because they are a agressive and primitive race.
    i think that the centauren are better for the alliance.
    and it is unfair if you can only fly in azeroth and not kalimdor.
    to be honest it would be nice to get on the top of the exodar for exemple
    and what about the maelstrome?
    are we gonna finaly see it?
    because it sounds realy cool to see that giant whirlpool.
    for the rest i can't wait for this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by zanoria

I might be a little slow, but i just saw Dragonstalker's Helm, on the lvl 80 loot list... cmon now

Are blizzard really serious about revamping ony? but i mean yeah sure revamp it, but for the love of god make new item models, u seriously cant think u can just take old gear, slap some new stats on them and expect people to be happy, pull finger and design new model ffs! im sorry, it aint the first time u just decide to take old models and slap new stats on me... , if u make an expansion, make it an expansion, with new models, and if u revamp bosses change them a little, im going to be very sad rocking up to kill ony and u have to do the EXACT same tactic... use ur imagintion blizzard ... please.. where has ur originality gone?

TBH, it really feels like blizzard has just given up on wow, with all they new games coming out, S2, and diablo3.. they not putting effort into wow anymore
    Thats what im thinking, whats sad is that WoW players dwarf S2 and Diablo3 players put together in terms of population. Though if they do release this expansion that would probably change after a ton of players leave the game after being disappointed with a half ass expansion.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by highelfmage
    Thats what im thinking, whats sad is that WoW players dwarf S2 and Diablo3 players put together in terms of population. Though if they do release this expansion that would probably change after a ton of players leave the game after being disappointed with a half ass expansion.
    half ass expansion? you havent even seen in yet

A WoW expansion will include enough content BECAUSE Blizzard would fear such reactions... do you really think they wouldnt give us enough new stuff?

Grim Batol, Gilneas, Uldum, Hyjal, 2 new races

that alone is enough new content and especially for old classic players and lore-fans enough reasons to stay with the game and buy the expansion

and surely there will be lots of more... island on giant sea creatures or whatever... and just because in the post isnt anything mentioned about things like kezan or the south seas doesnt mean they wont play a role in the next expansion... just wait and see before you accuse blizzard of such things

I'm a little leery about post-apocalyptic worlds, but if it doesn't redo the whole face of the old world, I guess I could enjoy it. I kind of liked the idea of thousand needles having cities-in-the-sky though, so hopefully the water won't reach the top of the peaks.

I'm also REALLY annoyed with the idea of that punk Garrosh killing Cairne. Cairne should just warstomp him out of town. And how could the Tauren stay in the Horde if that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by zanoria

did u even read the post they have on the WoW website about ony? i doubt u did or else u wouldnt be saying much about it, they ARE changing the tactics used against her to update the new skills and the way we raid now. alot of ppl have not done ony before so the reuse of old gear would be slightly ok since ALOT of players including myself never got to raid when WoW first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake
    half ass expansion? you havent even seen in yet

A WoW expansion will include enough content BECAUSE Blizzard would fear such reactions... do you really think they wouldnt give us enough new stuff?

Grim Batol, Gilneas, Uldum, Hyjal, 2 new races

that alone is enough new content and especially for old classic players and lore-fans enough reasons to stay with the game and buy the expansion

and surely there will be lots of more... island on giant sea creatures or whatever... and just because in the post isnt anything mentioned about things like kezan or the south seas doesnt mean they wont play a role in the next expansion... just wait and see before you accuse blizzard of such things

So 4 new area's 2 of which are starting zones and two of the lamest races in game become playable?

did i miss anything?

So 4 new area's 2 of which are starting zones and two of the lamest races in game become playable?

did i miss anything?
    anyone who thinks worgen are lame is someone i def wouldn't want to continue playing WoW anymore lol.

I'm so excited with all this news stuff and content, new combo race/class, new Azeroth...

If all text that is here become true (and I believe in it!), Cataclysm will be the best expansion til now.

Thank you Boub for share that with us and I cant wait til Blizzcon!

Deleted

did i miss anything?
    yeah

first of all you are missing the point that this is probably not everything we will see in this expansion
    the level cap is lowered to level 85 and it has been said that the time it takes to level will therefore be increased
    we will have to have the same amount of zones as in every other expansion

of course there will be things like remodelled barrens which will maybe function as a Cataclysm level 80 zone or whatever but that doesnt make it recycled content

itll look totally different
    imagine nagas charging from the sea, building their basis in the barrens

its not old content recycled if it is a currently available zone that is completely changed
    was WoW a game with recyced zones because a lot of them appeared in WC3?
    no because it was different
    time progressed and everything changed + you will feel the story coming to you instead of someon telling you go to that planet and to that continent and kill Boss XYZ
    its not like they are taking ashenvale and turn every lv.27 worgen into a lv. 81 worgen and tell the players... this is cataclysm, now go and reach the level cap so you can go and raid dead mines heroic and stuff like that

there will be LOTS of new stuff, lots of currently closed zones and some things like MC that are coming back, but such things are a minority
    how is that not new content?

and besides, Worgen are the most orsm and kick-ass race ingame :>

First let me say that I'm really digging what MMO-Champion has been reporting on for the next wow xpac and i hope that most of it it true.
    My question to you all is if this is the next xpac and we "win" over the powers against us will the world change again for the next xpac? :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Liontrue
    First let me say that I'm really digging what MMO-Champion has been reporting on for the next wow xpac and i hope that most of it it true.
    My question to you all is if this is the next xpac and we "win" over the powers against us will the world change again for the next xpac? :-\
    Well, it depends what happens. I can honestly only see the next expansion after this being the Emerald Dream. After that, well, I can't really see where they'd go (unless it's to the "back" of the planet!). I'd guess the world would stay as it is if these ideas/rumours are true, as it may be somewhat permanent damage.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<