Arena Holy Buffs needed Ideas

Now that prot healing is gone and ret is still meh I think that Holy needs some buffs. In S5 paladins where Op b/c of there ability to stack 50%+ crit on holy shock, Freedom to get out of stuns, and huge mana pool. Trying to stay away from these things are hard but the mass mana pool has already been nerfed. Right now paladins have no cc, have the only mana regain power with a downside, and are a cast base healing class. They really just don't compete with druids or priests. Ideas for changes.

1. Lower Holy shock, Holy light, and Beacon of light mana cost by 20% and raise all other spells mana cost by 50%.

All paladin spells are really cheap except for the 3 named. Which are ridiculously expensive.

2. Make Beacon of Light undispelable/ not a magic buff

Its a 1500 mana spell that you can't use vs shammys or priests.

3. Lower Divine Favor to a 30 sec cooldown

RIght now it doesn't really make enough of an impact for a 21 point talent. This will bring a little more consistency to infusion of light.

4. Lower Divine Illumination to a 1.30 sec cooldown

Druids innervate is better then divine plea and priests shadowfiend plus hymn of hope is better as well. You can't spam divine plea because of the healing debuff. This will help with the mana issues.

5. Change hammer of Justice to a 20 yard spell with a 45 sec base cooldown

Paladins are on cleave teams because they have no cc. Priest have aoe fear druid have the best cc in the game and even shamans have a decent cc. This might make it closer to even with shamans and priest ccs.

RIght now Dispels just rape holy and holy just runs war/dk/holy. This might open up some other comps for them. Also this will make the cds that pallys do have worth something.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Arena Holy Buffs needed Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomebb
    Now that prot healing is gone and ret is still meh I think that Holy needs some buffs. In S5 paladins where Op b/c of there ability to stack 50%+ crit on holy shock, Freedom to get out of stuns, and huge mana pool. Trying to stay away from these things are hard but the mass mana pool has already been nerfed. Right now paladins have no cc, have the only mana regain power with a downside, and are a cast base healing class. They really just don't compete with druids or priests. Ideas for changes.

1. Lower Holy shock, Holy light, and Beacon of light mana cost by 20% and raise all other spells mana cost by 50%.

All paladin spells are really cheap except for the 3 named. Which are ridiculously expensive.

RIght now it doesn't really make enough of an impact for a 21 point talent. This will bring a little more consistency to infusion of light.

Druids innervate is better then divine plea and priests shadowfiend plus hymn of hope is better as well. You can't spam divine plea because of the healing debuff. This will help with the mana issues.

Paladins are on cleave teams because they have no cc. Priest have aoe fear druid have the best cc in the game and even shamans have a decent cc. This might make it closer to even with shamans and priest ccs.

RIght now Dispels just rape holy and holy just runs war/dk/holy. This might open up some other comps for them. Also this will make the cds that pallys do have worth something.
    You just killed Ret's and Prot's mana, GG.

Prot has infinite mana and They can always easily tweak Jow to accommodate the changes.

Please don't argue that you'r not as good as druids. it makes you look like an idit thinking you should be buffed to their level. seriosuly. Druids as resto have OP manaregen and healing from only spamming instants.

Priests shadowfiend can be killed or cc'd.
    The mana cost on holy shock is EXACTLY the same as on riptide. only you'rs heals for ALOT more instant.

also, don't compare yourself to shamans.
    Meh

Yes shammy have huge mana issues that should be fixed. But shammys have a 6 sec cd interrupt, an actual cc, some really good totems for support, not to mention heroism. If they gave more mana to shammys then they would be equal to druids and priests. Holy Paladins have some mana issues have no cc or offensive power and can get countered by dispel. Plus there healing isn't even equal to priests or druids.

But shammys have a 6 sec cd interrupt
    Not anymore!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lawladino
    Not anymore!
    Wind Shear, amiright?

Your #1 suggestion would completely kill paladins, both PVE and PVP. SS + FoL HoT are extremely nice for PVP and PVE, and increasing their mana cost by 50% would be stupid and would only promote HL spam even further, which is what Blizzard wants to stray away from. If you feel the need for reduced mana cost, try out glyph of seal of wisdom and 5/5 into benediction.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Hmmmm. Its been a while since I pvp'd.... Hell, it was back when we still had to spec into Kings, season 4 is the last peice of gear I went out to get so my arena experience is a bit rusty....

I just know looking through my talents when speccing what absolute shit ones we have and I skip, that seem to be pvp oriented... Maybe remove/change those to make holy attractive?

Unyielding faith, 2 points, 30% reduction is fear/disorient effects.... 30% seems rather low, but can't get too OP, maybe 20/40%?

Blessed hands, 2 points... Reducing the cost of the hand spells? Like the cost of them is that big of an issue... Spamming heals to keep people up burned my mana more than a hand I can only use once every 2 minutes. Increasing effectiveness of Salv is nice for pve I guess if you have dps who pull agro a lot, but even for PVE I don't spec into this. Increasing effectiveness of hand of sacrifice by 10% is nice I guess, but since it goes off your health, say you have 24k, thats another 2.4k, so 26.4k instead of 24k absorbed.... 2.4k, most dps do that sneezing, so for pvp this seems REALLY bad. I guess if you get constantly mana burned and have 0 mana, cheaper hands would be nice. But? Really? Pass. Remove and give something better I think.

Pure of heart, 2 points for a 30% reduction to curse, poison and diseases. We cleanse off the poison and disease anyways, so its not reduced 30%, its reduced 100%. Its gone. We don't need it reduced by 30%. The curse part only works against a couple classes, I would rather see this talent removed for something useful instead of a small reduction that will never save your ass.

Purifying power.... Throw this in the ret tree. Like, really, that deep in holy and it will never be used. As holy, we have the mana and a 10% reduction in the cost is minimal. Plus, the reduced cooldown on exo is useless due to the casttime now, if rets had it they could use it more often on AoW procs.Remove and give something else, but throw into the ret tree, they could use it. Too deep in holy as is, maybe move it up if you want to leave it there?

Blessed life. All attacks against you have a 10% chance to cause half damage.... Well, that seems okay for survival. Its not very high, but its there, so it COULD be the gamebreaker.... Provided it IS all attacks, and has no internal cooldown...

Sacred cleansing? IMO, garbage. 3 points to get a 30% chance to give 30% reduction to disease, poisons and magic. A small chance to get a small reduction.... Now the magic part is the only thing I know of that allows you to slightly reduce arcane or holy damage from another player, but 30% chance to reduce it by 30%? True, burst is getting turned down in arena and resilience is the stat to reduce damage further, but as is, I still don't want this talent. RNG either hates you, loves you, or makes you think it likes you, then you come home one day and your stuff is all gone.

Thats all I can really see for pvp talents in the holy tree. In a PVE setting, the small chance it gives is far to RNG to depend on. As for ideas for improvements, well, its supposed to be teamwork for pvp so something that helps the teammembers would be suitable....

Improved Hand of protection: 3 points, adds 20/40/60% reduction to magic attacks on player who is affected by hand of protection. Since it only does physical damage prevention now, its useless against a lot of classes. Hell, its only useful against a warrior, rogue, or feral druid. My only fear for this is it would equate to another cooldown we can use in PVE, to help tanks take less spike damage. I'm sure they could find a way to limit this, but it would probably never go in due to being OP in pve, even though it would cause forebarance, and prevent a fellow pally from popping wings or his own bubble for 30 seconds.

Hand of Resilience: 3 points, increase targets resilience by 10/20/30% for 12 seconds. Dispellable and spellstealable. 2 min CD. Someones getting focused, throw some more resilience on them so they can take the hits till you can top them up. Think of it as a reverse mortal strike, albeit dependant on them having resilence(as they should anyways).

Scales of Justice: 2 points, 4% base mana. 10/20% chance for any movement imparing or effects that cause loss of control of the paladin to be cast on the attacker as well. Bosses are immune of course. Since paladin survival as pure holy is a bit shaky even in plate, this will make people think before they just CC the paladin healer...

Anyways, thats just my thoughts after a few beer. Anyone else have any ideas that would make deep holy pvp fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    MY SCUM-SENSE IS TINGLING~!
    so is my troll sense
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    so is my troll sense
    When doesn't Sorrow troll? Hes, like, the official Paladin Troll (Rofl if Trolls can be Paladins next patch too, Sorrow go reroll one :P)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    screw you, flame Leviathan
    We keep you around because you keep other trolls away- Its like a dominance thing, and you're the Alpha Troll that snaps their heads off and lives in a Subway as opposed to a tunnel (you know, because they have sandwiches there). >