Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arena Holy Buffs needed Ideas

Now that prot healing is gone and ret is still meh I think that Holy needs some buffs. In S5 paladins where Op b/c of there ability to stack 50%+ crit on holy shock, Freedom to get out of stuns, and huge mana pool. Trying to stay away from these things are hard but the mass mana pool has already been nerfed. Right now paladins have no cc, have the only mana regain power with a downside, and are a cast base healing class. They really just don't compete with druids or priests. Ideas for changes.

1. Lower Holy shock, Holy light, and Beacon of light mana cost by 20% and raise all other spells mana cost by 50%.

All paladin spells are really cheap except for the 3 named. Which are ridiculously expensive.

2. Make Beacon of Light undispelable/ not a magic buff

Its a 1500 mana spell that you can't use vs shammys or priests.

3. Lower Divine Favor to a 30 sec cooldown

RIght now it doesn't really make enough of an impact for a 21 point talent. This will bring a little more consistency to infusion of light.

4. Lower Divine Illumination to a 1.30 sec cooldown

Druids innervate is better then divine plea and priests shadowfiend plus hymn of hope is better as well. You can't spam divine plea because of the healing debuff. This will help with the mana issues.

5. Change hammer of Justice to a 20 yard spell with a 45 sec base cooldown

Paladins are on cleave teams because they have no cc. Priest have aoe fear druid have the best cc in the game and even shamans have a decent cc. This might make it closer to even with shamans and priest ccs.

RIght now Dispels just rape holy and holy just runs war/dk/holy. This might open up some other comps for them. Also this will make the cds that pallys do have worth something.

Re: Arena Holy Buffs needed Ideas

you sure have alot of ideas to make pallies op.
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    you sure got one way to poop in thread
    do you have nothing better to do than trolling around the forums. if you dont like my post please state why.

i think alot of ppl would agree with me that if those changes take place pallies would become way op. the already changed beacon of light to make it more useful in pvp (beacon target receive heals even if its overheal for the main target) and if they make it undispellable pallies would dominate in 3s/5s even more.

i played pally war in s5 (yes 5 not 6) till 2.1k 4 weeks after i lvled him to 80. pally its one of the most simple healing classes to play.

stop venting/flaming on the forums and maybe chillax and go play a couple more arena games so you'll get better

I think alot of people are retarded.
    you're among them.
    I think alot of paladins would agree with me
    You prolly also think mirrors are retarded, but oh well.
    Yes, a lot of pallies would agree with you, but that's because they're getting free gladiator for the second time in wotlk.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Here's what I think:

- Drop Divine Favor down to a 45 second cooldown.

- Decrease healing done by Holy Shock (to offset Divine Favor being lower cooldown)

- Purifying Power also causes your Exorcism to silence the target for 2 seconds.

- Infusion of Light can be used to cast an instant Exorcism in addition to Flash of Light and increasing your Holy Light critical chance.

- Add a new talent "Holy Justice" 2/2 to the left of Infusion of Light - Increases the range on Justice of Justice by 5/10 yards, increases the range of Hammer of Justice by 2/5 yards and reduces the cooldown of Hammer of Justice by 2/5 seconds.

Can more reliably use Divine Favor for instant-crits, better offensive utility. Holy Paladin healing is otherwise fine, the problem is just lack of control abilities that other healers have.

Prot specced = 5sek CD XD

Imo palas need
    patch 3.2.2
    1. Loh on arena
    2. 125% mortal strike effect, so when you heal you actually take damage 25% equal to your heal
    3. *new talent* Holy sprint, you gain holy sprint increasiong your movement speed by 100%. Lasts for ever
    4. Hammer of justice no longer has cd and is now off from diminishing returns
    5 Divine shield no longer haves cool down
    6. Duration of forbearance is lowered to 5 seconds

patch 3.3
    1.Duration of forbearance increased to 6 seconds (up from 5)

Sorrow_Blast: Omfg thanks blizzard, again we get nerfs when we need buffs. Omg blizz so blind omg GC you promised buffs fro us wtf. Im quitting along with 5000 other paladins.

"We decided to buff holy tree so we nerfed prot" (c) ghostcrawler ;D

sorry trollin :P

P.S. all that holly real need - instant casts...just 1 valuable instant.. and make HoL (20-30-50%) cause next FL to become instand with increased (10-20-50) mana cost...

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    "We decided to buff holy tree so we nerfed prot" (c) ghostcrawler ;D

sorry trollin :P

P.S. all that holly real need - instant casts...just 1 valuable instant.. and make HoL (20-30-50%) cause next FL to become instand with increased (10-20-50) mana cost...
    decent idea. This is at least a small change which had good effects. Usually these ideas are like: Your blessing of might makes your next holy light instant with no mana cost

problem juteri?
    Not really. You sure seem to have somekind of, since every topic where someone QQ's i see you. Not that its a bad thing tho, crying helps you clear your mind

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    You prolly also think mirrors are retarded, but oh well.
    Yes, a lot of pallies would agree with you, but that's because they're getting free gladiator for the second time in wotlk.
    This comming from a rogue I almost shat myself while laughing.
    "Don't drink and WoW, you'll shard your purples!"

so, hows your mind?
    did you clear it already?
    in a way i did and in a way i didnt. While i was laughing at you i actually got few tears. But since they are not really from crying, i think i dont. But when you make me facepalm so hard that i actually hit my face then i guess i could

Deleted

Sorrow_Blast, stop posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomebb
    Now that prot healing is gone and ret is still meh I think that Holy needs some buffs. In S5 paladins where Op b/c of there ability to stack 50%+ crit on holy shock, Freedom to get out of stuns, and huge mana pool. Trying to stay away from these things are hard but the mass mana pool has already been nerfed. Right now paladins have no cc, have the only mana regain power with a downside, and are a cast base healing class. They really just don't compete with druids or priests. Ideas for changes.

1. Lower Holy shock, Holy light, and Beacon of light mana cost by 20% and raise all other spells mana cost by 50%.

All paladin spells are really cheap except for the 3 named. Which are ridiculously expensive.

2. Make Beacon of Light undispelable/ not a magic buff

Its a 1500 mana spell that you can't use vs shammys or priests.

3. Lower Divine Favor to a 30 sec cooldown

RIght now it doesn't really make enough of an impact for a 21 point talent. This will bring a little more consistency to infusion of light.

4. Lower Divine Illumination to a 1.30 sec cooldown

Druids innervate is better then divine plea and priests shadowfiend plus hymn of hope is better as well. You can't spam divine plea because of the healing debuff. This will help with the mana issues.

Paladins are on cleave teams because they have no cc. Priest have aoe fear druid have the best cc in the game and even shamans have a decent cc. This might make it closer to even with shamans and priest ccs.

RIght now Dispels just rape holy and holy just runs war/dk/holy. This might open up some other comps for them. Also this will make the cds that pallys do have worth something.
    hymn of hope can be interrupted and should be as soon as it starts being cast... fear you have to be in melee range imo
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

Pallys are fine stop trying to get uneede buffs.

Holy paladin is not doing too bad, since they still have around 6.1% pop in 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 arena team above 2200. That is two times more than the whole hunter class.

Wait, did the OP just say that Holydins are the only healers that have a mana regen ability with a downside? Really?

Mana Tide getting swat down before it can tick twice isn't a downside? Holy shit, this is amazing news.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

sorrow_blast

Can you just stop posting, the only thing you do is insult people.
    I bet the internet is the only place where you can be an asshole, irl you get your ass kicked everyday, huh?

BTT:

I think Holy paladins need a CC, and i liked the idea of Exorcism having a silence effect very much.
    But there should be a talent next to infusion of light.

Name of talent 2/2
    Your Exorcism has now a 50/100% chance to silence the target for 3 seconds. But highers its cooldown by 30 seconds.
    (Ret's with silence... omg)

And Infusion of Light should also effect Exorcism then.

For the thread starter, i think your basic ideas are okay, but using all of them would make paladins op...

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy
    Sorrow_Blast, stop posting.
    Agreed.

Either contribute meaningfully, or GTFO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Maybe I can see if Exodus or Paragon have a strat on how to make girls clothes just fall off, exploiting of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfen13
    There are exploits for that, but you get a long time in prison for them...