Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Arena Holy Buffs needed Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomebb
    Now that prot healing is gone and ret is still meh I think that Holy needs some buffs. In S5 paladins where Op b/c of there ability to stack 50%+ crit on holy shock, Freedom to get out of stuns, and huge mana pool. Trying to stay away from these things are hard but the mass mana pool has already been nerfed. Right now paladins have no cc, have the only mana regain power with a downside, and are a cast base healing class. They really just don't compete with druids or priests. Ideas for changes.

1. Lower Holy shock, Holy light, and Beacon of light mana cost by 20% and raise all other spells mana cost by 50%.

All paladin spells are really cheap except for the 3 named. Which are ridiculously expensive.

2. Make Beacon of Light undispelable/ not a magic buff

Its a 1500 mana spell that you can't use vs shammys or priests.

3. Lower Divine Favor to a 30 sec cooldown

RIght now it doesn't really make enough of an impact for a 21 point talent. This will bring a little more consistency to infusion of light.

4. Lower Divine Illumination to a 1.30 sec cooldown

Druids innervate is better then divine plea and priests shadowfiend plus hymn of hope is better as well. You can't spam divine plea because of the healing debuff. This will help with the mana issues.

5. Change hammer of Justice to a 20 yard spell with a 45 sec base cooldown

Paladins are on cleave teams because they have no cc. Priest have aoe fear druid have the best cc in the game and even shamans have a decent cc. This might make it closer to even with shamans and priest ccs.

RIght now Dispels just rape holy and holy just runs war/dk/holy. This might open up some other comps for them. Also this will make the cds that pallys do have worth something.
    Holy at it's current state is how you're supposed to be, not incredible pvp tanks being able to critheal 30k with insane stun/silence abilities for a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    btw your idea sucks ass totally
    And why? Do you have any reason, or are you just trying to ruin that thread?

Imagine if your arena partner is a Warrior

Force enemy healer to trinket (with fear and putting up pressure). Then HoJ, warrior does bladestorm, bursts down enemy dps, holydin throws in a holy shock crit with DF, boom, instant exorcism on the paladin, another 3 seconds.

dont you think thats enough?

lolumad 45 sec cd interrupt for 3 secs?
    and exorcism, a crucial part for our dps, on same cd?
    y so srs?
    It's a three second silence, not interrupt. Go drink bleach so that the internet doesn't have to deal with "WHY ISNT MY CLASS A FREE WIN ANYMORE, I CAN BE KILLED NOW WTF, GIVE ME OP ABILITIES SO ILL BE BALANCED"

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoholicx

Force enemy healer to trinket (with fear and putting up pressure). Then HoJ, warrior does bladestorm, bursts down enemy dps, holydin throws in a holy shock crit with DF, boom, instant exorcism on the paladin, another 3 seconds.
    Holy paladins can get an instant exorcism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

For those who dont get it btw:

i was talking about holy tree. So no RET will spec that talent to higher exorcism cooldown for silence, because we would have to sacrifice alot in the ret tree.

And Rets can get an instant exorcism, but not full holy paladins.

Let's see first if Paladins even need a buff? Holy tends to be picked over Prot for most 3v3 and 5v5 teams already, and they are doing very well in both brackets.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

sez durid?
    oh irony...
    Right now prot is the most overpowered healing spec. Denying it only shows your cluelessness. And please for the love of god show us an armory link
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

you either fail at liying or fail at writing bcuz your own post makes it look so
    this [ret's with silence... omg] was meant to show that the talent is in the holy tree, and not made for rets, because that would make them overpowered... (exorcism is not an important part for ret dps, because it crits not for too much anymore.)

To get back to the 'buff holy nerf prot' discussion

Holy is still a good spec for 2v2. But its not used often in lower ratings because a protholy paladin can outheal double-dps burst without having to worry about CC too much. But as soon as you get to higher rating where your opponents have much better gear, holy is very useful because of the 2 instant heals (yes, the second one depends on the first one to crit, but still). Thats why holy is used quite often in higher ratings.
    Protholy is very vulnerable for doubledps in higher ratings, because you have to be in line of sight to heal, and you have to cast, which is very hard vs a burst combo who have loads of CC.
    For example, there is not much my warrior can do to outlast that burst because shieldwall and shieldblock gets useless because dismantle disarms 1h and shield (gg blizz).

Still, protholy is good vs. Dps/healer, because they only have to do 1-2 mistakes and you can stun-silence their healer to death, or burst his partner.

again sorry for bad english, its not my countries language

Not really. Prot/affliction and prot/dk is s5 holy/dk all over again. free glad for paladins.

Holy is considerably worse, simply because they can be bursted.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Holy is considerably worse, simply because they can be bursted.
    How can holy be bursted easilier than protholy?

bump.

i still want to know

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jutteri
    Imo palas need
    patch 3.2.2
    1. Loh on arena
    2. 125% mortal strike effect, so when you heal you actually take damage 25% equal to your heal
    3. *new talent* Holy sprint, you gain holy sprint increasiong your movement speed by 100%. Lasts for ever
    4. Hammer of justice no longer has cd and is now off from diminishing returns
    5 Divine shield no longer haves cool down
    6. Duration of forbearance is lowered to 5 seconds

patch 3.3
    1.Duration of forbearance increased to 6 seconds (up from 5)

Sorrow_Blast: Omfg thanks blizzard, again we get nerfs when we need buffs. Omg blizz so blind omg GC you promised buffs fro us wtf. Im quitting along with 5000 other paladins.
    I love you.

Holy doesnt need buffs... It's perfectly fine with how it is. Holy just req more of the player and of his gear than prot/holy does. Just practise thats all

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomebb
    Now that prot healing is gone and ret is still meh I think that Holy needs some buffs. In S5 paladins where Op b/c of there ability to stack 50%+ crit on holy shock, Freedom to get out of stuns, and huge mana pool. Trying to stay away from these things are hard but the mass mana pool has already been nerfed. Right now paladins have no cc, have the only mana regain power with a downside, and are a cast base healing class. They really just don't compete with druids or priests. Ideas for changes.

1. Lower Holy shock, Holy light, and Beacon of light mana cost by 20% and raise all other spells mana cost by 50%.

All paladin spells are really cheap except for the 3 named. Which are ridiculously expensive.

2. Make Beacon of Light undispelable/ not a magic buff

Its a 1500 mana spell that you can't use vs shammys or priests.

3. Lower Divine Favor to a 30 sec cooldown

RIght now it doesn't really make enough of an impact for a 21 point talent. This will bring a little more consistency to infusion of light.

4. Lower Divine Illumination to a 1.30 sec cooldown

Druids innervate is better then divine plea and priests shadowfiend plus hymn of hope is better as well. You can't spam divine plea because of the healing debuff. This will help with the mana issues.

5. Change hammer of Justice to a 20 yard spell with a 45 sec base cooldown

Paladins are on cleave teams because they have no cc. Priest have aoe fear druid have the best cc in the game and even shamans have a decent cc. This might make it closer to even with shamans and priest ccs.

RIght now Dispels just rape holy and holy just runs war/dk/holy. This might open up some other comps for them. Also this will make the cds that pallys do have worth something.
    hahahahahhahaha

Deleted

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

seriously.. get over not being op for a while... or gtfo

Tbh holy just needs more offensive utility.
    Easy solution to all specs, give us an interrupt on 20 second CD or something. Then holy will actually be able to go more offensive like the rest of the healers, would hardly be OP since the pala would still have to get within melee range.

I think alot of people are retarded.
    you're among them.
    I think alot of paladins would agree with me
    Oh the irony...

Quote Originally Posted by Zelt
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

seriously.. get over not being op for a while... or gtfo
    ^druid

imagine your partner is a shaman with totems, hex, 100% crit lavaburst, and wind buffet
    TOTEMZ!

Way to be vague.