Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If the Old Gods are behind this...

I fore see... AQ40 reworked coming soon

Re: If the Old Gods are behind this...

Edit- Somehow I hit the wrong thing.

Yes the old gods ar ebehind it. The old gods were responsible for saving the highborne and their transformation into the naga.

So... moar midnight raids with C'tun? Gotta hate the dungeon but god he has the best quotes in the game, just the way they are presented its EPIC

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zeyjis
    actually C´thun is being resurrected by Cho´gall so AQ40 could come back even without cataclysm
    Last I read ( comics ) Cho'Gall is becoming C'thun. or it looked that way.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    wait.... what?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Can Blizz nerf Cho'Gall before something really bad happens... like this XD

Your heart will explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Teneal
    Your heart will explode.
    ?

This was actually a question asked at Blizzcon, and the answer is no, for now AQ instances will remain untouched.

Your Friends will abandon you....

Quote Originally Posted by xparasite
    Edit- Somehow I hit the wrong thing.

Yes the old gods ar ebehind it. The old gods were responsible for saving the highborne and their transformation into the naga.
    So far this is irrelevant as of the information we're given at this time. But Deathwing was corrupted by the Dragon Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyinaRPG
    So far this is irrelevant as of the information we're given at this time. But Deathwing was corrupted by the Dragon Soul.
    ummm, correct me if I am wrong, but Deathwing was being corrupted by the "unknown" whispers before he even forged the dragon soul.
    4 8 15 16 24 32

Death is close.

This is incorrect; it was the Old Gods' insanity that prompted him to forge the Dragonsoul. As far as I know, it was never made clear exactly when Neltharion was driven insane.

Quote Originally Posted by viovio
    ummm, correct me if I am wrong, but Deathwing was being corrupted by the "unknown" whispers before he even forged the dragon soul.
    Ah yes, terribly sorry love. But it was probably the Old Gods.

While the Lich King attacked Stormwind City and Orgrimmar and King Varian Wrynn and Warchief Thrall were distracted, Cho'gall began the resurrection of his new master - the Old God C'Thun. This deformed the ogre's body which became monstrous and with features similar to his master's.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Cho%27gall

Deathwing was corrupted and driven mad by whispering voices he heard from within the earth. Coincidentally, the old gods are imprisoned within the earth and have a nasty habit of driving people insane by their whispering.

Something tells me the old gods are behind Deathwing...oh yeah, LORE TELLS ME THAT.

[size=8pt]

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark
    Blizzard said 70 was Chess Board Pvp well 80 Pvp is like checkers, except both teams have chainsaws and can make up their own rules.

I don't think they'd make the comic about anything close to AQ if they weren't going to revisit it in some shape or form. After all, they still have over half of Silithus (the half that is behind AQ and the Scarab Wall) that is completely unused, and completely finished (minus mobs of course).

Cho'gall is indeed trying to resurrect C'thun, as his features have been warped a huge amount by something in AQ. I don't think he's BECOMING C'thun, though it certainly wouldn't be unforseeable to have Cho'gall transform into some sort of avatar.

Deathwing wasn't corrupted by the Dragon Soul, it was the Old Gods who corrupted him, and in turn he created the Dragon Soul to severely diminish the other Aspect's powers.

All that aside... How many old world instances are being reworked in Cataclysm, do you think? The only one I can see that would stay the same is Zul'gurub. Naxx got moved, a shitstorm is hitting AQ, BRM is erupting again (which pretty much knocks out any strong reason for BWL and MC to stay exactly the same; thus, reworked, or discarded), and Onyxia is getting a tune up in 3.2.2.

So, IMO, there's no saying 'if' they're going to do anything with AQ, it's when.

Deathwing's insanity and the creation of the Dragonsoul was ultimately caused by the Old Gods, along with almost every problem the current Azeroth has.
    A day is one rotation of the Earth around its axis. God created the universe in 6 days. Before he created the Earth, how did he know how long a day was?

Quote Originally Posted by Sausagefan
    This is incorrect; it was the Old Gods' insanity that prompted him to forge the Dragonsoul. As far as I know, it was never made clear exactly when Neltharion was driven insane.
    Neltharion's position as "earth-warden" in the dragon pentad led to him spending a lot of time underground, keeping the rock and earth of Azeroth in order. This proved unfortunate, because the Titans had "solved" the Old God problem by shoving them into prisons buried as deep in the ground as they could manage.

Proximity to Old Gods seems to increase the magnitude of effect their powers have, so out of all the Dragons (and most other creatures on primordial Azeroth), Neltharion was exposed to the heaviest dose of raw crazy rays as he conducted his business deep underground. Not only that, but as an extremely powerful envoy/servant of the very beings that had dethroned them, he made a very tempting target to the Old Gods.

The creation of the Dragon Soul was a complicated result of him being driven insane by the Old Gods, who nudged him along on the path of how to do it.