Blizzard is the source!

Step 1: Leak information to a newssite that will create massive debate and questions
    Step 2: In return for the information, have said website post a post that says all the awensers are coming in a week and you can watch it yourself for $40
    Step 3: profit, obviously also for mmo-champion since they turned out to post reliable information.

Really, it makes more sense then Tauren paladins, why else would they be both so nonwilling to state the source while at the same time saying it is all true?
    Sharkughash, resto shaman (main): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Aradhel, Ret Pally (alt): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Re: Blizzard is the source!

When leaking news, you don't give away sources. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I think this should win some kind of award. I mean, we must now have had one post about literally EVERY SINGLE FEATURE in the ENTIRE GAME which "ruined wow".

Quote Originally Posted by Zagga
    Step 1: Leak information to a newssite that will create massive debate and questions
    Step 2: In return for the information, have said website post a post that says all the awensers are coming in a week and you can watch it yourself for $40
    Step 3: profit, obviously also for mmo-champion since they turned out to post reliable information.

Really, it makes more sense then Tauren paladins, why else would they be both so nonwilling to state the source while at the same time saying it is all true?
    /tinfoil hat
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

If that were the case, they wouldn't be permanently banning people on their actual forums for giving similar messages.

I was permanently banned for saying the TITLE of Wrath the day before Blizzcon. A couple of hours, actually. And it was because of a link to Leipzig's gaming convention giving it early, meaning it was already public anyway.

Either way Blizzard won't confirm or deny because they profit either way.

If it's true: It's basically free hype. They leak certain facts early it gets the ball rolling, the fact this is happening mere weeks before Blizzcon is a little suspect.

If it's false: It's still free hype. I don't know about you guys but I'm looking forward to Blizzcon more now because the changes stated (even though speculative) have sort of put the next expansion into a relalistic light.

The money issue is a non-factor. Plenty of people will buy that service and watch it live but as has happened in ALL the previous years, there will be a wide spread of live bloggers and up to the minute news from many a website, including MMO-Champ. I don't think many people are seriously thinking "I must buy that service to get the information" as it'll be up here on the front page within hours if not minutes of it breaking at Blizzcon.

My guess is that sometime in the next few days we'll get the standard "Don't rely on dataminers" blah we get everytime someone posts something here or on other websites and then is proven right You guys need to have more trust. I've found MMO-Champion to be incredibly reliable in the past, no reason to doubt it now just because it seems so good. Hell, I remember when they first said stuff about TBC and I was right there with you with the "It's all lies".

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah and Blizzard is actualy the goverment, and 9/11 was just to make sad sad sad people to buy wow...And 9/11 was merely a setback!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Envojus
    Yeah and Blizzard is actualy the goverment, and 9/11 was just to make sad sad sad people to buy wow...And 9/11 was merely a setback!
    That just ruined the setback jokes. GJ. Jerk >.>

Well even if they didn't it helped them a bit. I think it was over 50.000 subscribers mentioned in one of the livestream chats, but I seriously doubt they would leak all of the info

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinth
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinth
    This is standard journalism 101.

You don't reveal sources. All that will happen if you do is you'll ruin your source, your credibility with other potential sources, and as thus have an extremely hard time getting new sources.

1) if the info came from people inside Blizz then those people are most likely under an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) and as thus could lose their jobs and get sued for revealing said information. Boub reveals and then he'd be reviled and this site would most likely dry up.

2) it is also possible that Blizz did this intentionalyy knowing it would get out. If Blizz say they did, then it makes them look horrible bad. Thus they are better off letting the leaks come out with "a wink, wink", didn't have anything to do with it. So in the end it gets more people to sign up for DirecTv and making even more money, gettting more people excited over the next expansion.

The one thing that seems clear, is that regardless of leaks, people are talking about the expansion and seem to be getting excited about it. It has come away as a win/win for Blizzard and a win/win for Boub.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagga

Did you intend to release a completely redundant post? Who other than people working on it or know people who are would have access to this information? Its obvious. If not for an internal source did they break in physically? Hacked blizzard?

And not claiming your source by name - because that person would find themselves fired quickly, your website then loses industry trust and no-one will offer info any more - people then go elsewhere.