Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your all forgetting a small fact

Blizzard themselves haven't even confirmed trademarking "Cataclysm" has anything to do with WoW

While it fits in with lore, and there is minor "proof", nothing anywhere says this cant be another WoW TCG set...

also, its silly to believe they will make an expansion with only 5 extra levels...

and, I'm having trouble with one thing here... "Another update from the Something Awful forums" ... when did SA become a reliable news website? there very slogan is "The internet makes you stupid"

I'm not saying anything is false or wrong, I'm just saying wait a tiny bit [less then a week FFS!] for blizzcon, then you wont get peoples hopes up for nothing, by announcing facts from some random website as actual news, only to have it wrong. or even worse, have it right, and wreck the surprise of blizzcon. [and dont you argue "oh there was a spoiler warning", this crap is posted everywhere and being accepted as blizz's own words by many many people and websites]

Dont gamble your credibility on a post from anyone other then from blizzard.

(This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Re: Your all forgetting a small fact

Quote Originally Posted by Jerot
    Blizzard themselves haven't even confirmed trademarking "Cataclysm" has anything to do with WoW
    This is new and exciting.

They had to have trademarked the expansion's name by now, and they did so around the same time they have every time they have a new expansion.

The new MMO is only in planning stages. It will be a long time before we see anything pertaining to it.

Brudish

I'm not forgetting it at all. But all signs point to it being the name of the expansion. Not there new MMO that is 5 years away.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Brudish
    I'm not forgetting it at all. But all signs point to it being the name of the expansion. Not there new MMO that is 5 years away.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    This is new and exciting.

They had to have trademarked the expansion's name by now, and they did so around the same time they have every time they have a new expansion.

The new MMO is only in planning stages.  It will be a long time before we see anything pertaining to it.
    Stupid question but, has anyone paid attention to Activision Blizzard? for all you know Cataclysm could be a cover up name, easily tied to lore, while the parent company holds the rights to the actual name until its announced.

and

Blizzard trademarked "Wrath", it wasnt "World of Warcraft: Wrath"
    they also trademarked "Crusade", it wasnt "World of Warcraft: Crusade"
    why does "Cataclysm" have to be "World of Warcraft: Cataclysm" ?

BTW, not saying cataclysm is the new MMO, just saying its not officially WoW yet
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Brudish

Stupid question but, has anyone paid attention to Activision Blizzard? for all you know Cataclysm could be a cover up name, easily tied to lore, while the parent company holds the rights to the actual name until its announced.

and

BTW, not saying cataclysm is the new MMO, just saying its not officially WoW yet
    Id say thats more for their website too, as wrath's website before it was announced and moved to main site was worldofwarcraft.com/wrath, as was burning crusade with crusade replacing wrath obviously.

well if u know what a Cataclysm is and the differences theyre making to the game about new capitals Azshara being a 10-20 area and shizz... the whole world of the Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms could be affected by the Cataclysm wich would change all areas prolly... wich soudns really awesome... there is something about this idea with the cataclysm making a worldwide cataclysm wich just sounds sexy ... such as remaking the old stuff and redesigning some cool areas wich are cool but its just ... saddly waaaay to outdated

i think blizzard came with some nice ideas lately, and i do believe this is a minor patch/expansion wich theyre gona make it ... prolly the cataclysm is brought up by Arthas death and a sword going crazy and destroying everything :P

also, its silly to believe they will make an expansion with only 5 extra levels...
    GC stated in a blue post that was posted here on MMO, that every exp wouldn't automatically mean +10 levels. They understand leveling isn't always fun. This definately applies to people who have many 80s.

People like to jump to conclusions and consider the tiniest bits of info something gigantic
    and already confirmed, when it can't be further from truth, most recent example is Icecrown
    Citadel having 31 bosses, it can be considered retard check by itself since GC said he just
    threw in random oversized number.
    Bigger than Life.

Loving how everything posted on the internet is true!

My friends a gm, he showed me all the stuff from blizzcon early! im obviously telling the truth because i honestly dont care if you believe me or not!
    he said cataclysm is actually a new brand of tampon! extra absorbent! theres even a female orc on the box!

no wait!

those where the illidan pads with wings!

its actually a new type of bread! based on the game! you can even drink while eating it at the same time!

the next wow expansion will be announced at blizzcon, it will come out dec. 12th! its going to be called "Fury of the South Seas" no wait... was it "WTF OMG BEEZ?" or... "Derpa de more money please"... who knows... one of the three

and the whole expansion is going to be based on killing panderan. because blizzard decided china sucks!

and its all true! everyone knows everything on the internet is true!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Djolisimo
    People like to jump to conclusions and consider the tiniest bits of info something gigantic
    and already confirmed..
    Ok in all seriousness, this was exactly my point.

GC stated in a blue post that was posted here on MMO, that every exp wouldn't automatically mean +10 levels.
    are we going to get into he said she said again?

examples:
    Wrath dance studio
    31 icecrown bosses
    22 minute yogg achievement
    never allowing pvp-pve server transfers

you cant really go back a week or more without finding a contradiction. seriously... you cant always quote a GM/blue poster/community leader as law, things change, sometimes things dont change when they were expected to, some things do change when they werent supposed to. and sometimes things that were going to be changed are changed differently from how they were supposedly going to be changed...

Deleted

and

It doesn't.
    Most likely, something like;

World of Warcraft: Chaos of the Catacylsm
    World of Warcraft: Aftermath of the Catacylsm

etc.

The Catacylsm trademark covers the word in relation, the exact title will need to be copyrighted.

Loving how everything posted on the internet is true!

My friends a gm, he showed me all the stuff from blizzcon early! im obviously telling the truth because i honestly dont care if you believe me or not!
    he said cataclysm is actually a new brand of tampon! extra absorbent! theres even a female orc on the box!

no wait!

those where the illidan pads with wings!

its actually a new type of bread! based on the game! you can even drink while eating it at the same time!

the next wow expansion will be announced at blizzcon, it will come out dec. 12th! its going to be called "Fury of the South Seas" no wait... was it "WTF OMG BEEZ?" or... "Derpa de more money please"... who knows... one of the three

and the whole expansion is going to be based on killing panderan. because blizzard decided china sucks!

and its all true! everyone knows everything on the internet is true!
    God, shut the hell up.

Just because not everything on the internet is true does not mean everything on the internet is NOT true either.

Learn a middle ground.

God, shut the hell up.

Just because not everything on the internet is true does not mean everything on the internet is NOT true either.

Learn a middle ground.
    Im not saying none of its true, im saying none of its official.

all we have is a word, cataclysm, not actually tied to anything, blizzard themselves havent even really said anything about it. and from that word we have apperently constructed a 2 page report on exactly what it is, and whats in it. passed the point of speculation, and its being accepted as truth...

in my opinion, blizzard is sitting back laughing, working on the new game, d3, sc2, and the wow expansion. letting people dig for something that doesnt really exist because they're being distracted from what it actually is...

Im not saying none of its true, im saying none of its official.

all we have is a word, cataclysm, not actually tied to anything, blizzard themselves havent even really said anything about it. and from that word we have apperently constructed a 2 page report on exactly what it is, and whats in it. passed the point of speculation, and its being accepted as truth...

in my opinion, blizzard is sitting back laughing, working on the new game, d3, sc2, and the wow expansion. letting people dig for something that doesnt really exist because they're being distracted from what it actually is...
    Except every god damn time this has happened, everyone has given the same dribbling and butchered-English response to it like yours, and every time it ends up being true.

The next expansion will contain "Cataclysm" somewhere in the name. That is not even remotely subject to debate, because they need it copyrighted before Blizzcon.

Done.

Ok in all seriousness, this was exactly my point.

are we going to get into he said she said again?
    He.

examples:
    Wrath dance studio
    Content that is cancelled is not the same thing as claiming Blizzard may not be delivering on content. In fact, it's the exact opposite.

In this example, they are saying "this will be in the game."

In our example, he is saying "we cannot guarantee this will be in the game" i.e. don't always count on 10 levels.

31 icecrown bosses
    Was meant to be a joking exaggeration, once again not the same thing as "do not always count on 10 levels."

22 minute yogg achievement
    Placeholder.

never allowing pvp-pve server transfers
    You will NEVER hear Blizzard use the word NEVER.

you cant really go back a week or more without finding a contradiction. seriously... you cant always quote a GM/blue poster/community leader as law, things change, sometimes things dont change when they were expected to, some things do change when they werent supposed to. and sometimes things that were going to be changed are changed differently from how they were supposedly going to be changed...
    Correct, but all that is being said is: "Do not count on 10 levels all the time." That's not the same thing as "THERE WILL NOT BE 10 LEVELS NEXT EXPANSION," but it's also not the same thing as "There will be."

It's extremely neutral language and communicates the possibility, but you INSISTED that it will be 10 levels every time and now you're backpedaling.

You're just contriving information for the sake of trying to sound right, but you're just digging yourself deeper.

Except every god damn time this has happened
    sorry, when was the last time blizzard trademarked a name, and someone went out and posted every single detail of what its going to be before blizzard has even responded to trademarking the name...

The next expansion will contain "Cataclysm" somewhere in the name.
    Link to blue post please, I know that it is extremely unlikely it will be anything else. but even then, give me confirmation.

and your right they never use never, its always "we dont currently plan on". but a lot of people quote it as "never" and those people are usually wrong.

forgive any mistakes, "Butchered English", or miss-quotes .

but the fact still remains, this all sounds very strange for blizzard, from a business and lore stand point. even you must agree to that to some extent, plus they haven't said a single word about any of it. not even the trademarking of the name.

my point is not that any or all of this is wrong or right, that will be proven at blizzcon. im just trying to get across that blizzcon hasn't happened yet, and none of this has been announced officially...

Brudish

You will NEVER hear Blizzard use the word NEVER.
    "A Blizzard employee will never ask for your password."

<Win.

<Win.
    LOL

<Win.
    Well that was unexpected....
    but he has a point, its usually "We have no current plans to.." or something similar

<Win.
    You sly bastard.

sorry, when was the last time blizzard trademarked a name, and someone went out and posted every single detail of what its going to be before blizzard has even responded to trademarking the name...
    Wrath of the goddamn Lich King, which was then confirmed ahead of time via Leipzig Gaming Convention.

It happened last time. Go back a couple of years if the archives allow for it. It is there.

Link to blue post please, I know that it is extremely unlikely it will be anything else. but even then, give me confirmation.
    You miss the point of the whole "leak" thing.

If it was confirmed, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

But the fact that it isn't confirmed doesn't mean we need to idly sit around when the more informed of us know better. So that's why we have the right to discuss it and you have the right to get news the day of like everyone else that decides to lock themselves out of the loop.

Sometimes you need to trust people. Not trusting them will ultimately not cause you to be imasculated or somehow revoke your internet license. Skepticism needs to have some form of basis, and there's really not a lot of skepticism you can apply to this beyond a couple of lore points being fishy.

I doubted Boub's information that D3 would be revealed at the Worldwide Invitational, found plenty of evidence I had to work VERY hard to piece together that it wouldn't be, and he turned out completely right and bet the farm on that one too. He proved me outright wrong, and time and time again he's been on the money.

Just get over it. If you are right, then you're right. I'm not going to run through the streets of Paris naked over it like Boub, but I'm also not really going to give a crap. I more or less believe this information and think it's a neat idea.

and your right they never use never, its always "we dont currently plan on". but a lot of people quote it as "never" and those people are usually wrong.
    But those same people aren't GC, so why bother even comparing?

forgive any mistakes, "Butchered English", or miss-quotes .

but the fact still remains, this all sounds very strange for blizzard, from a business and lore stand point. even you must agree to that to some extent, plus they haven't said a single word about any of it. not even the trademarking of the name.
    From a business perspective it's brilliant and what players have asked for forever.

From a lore perspective it's...pretty damn good, barring some of the Alliance vs. Horde conflict being written very poorly.

my point is not that any or all of this is wrong or right, that will be proven at blizzcon. im just trying to get across that blizzcon hasn't happened yet, and none of this has been announced officially...
    No one is saying it has been announced officially. Boub even says that in the first sentence of the news item.

THE POINT OF THE LEAK IS A LEAK. IF IT WAS OFFICIAL, IT WOULDN'T BE A LEAK, IT WOULD BE OFFICIAL.

For every stupid, false thing the Internet has given us, it has also given us the power to be ahead. Some of us enjoy that.

THE POINT OF THE LEAK IS A LEAK. IF IT WAS OFFICIAL, IT WOULDN'T BE A LEAK, IT WOULD BE OFFICIAL.
    kinda my point,
    all of this could be completely false. its not like we haven't heard "oh yeah i used to work for blizzard and i heard this" before....
    but everyone is running around screaming "THIS IS THE NEXT EXPANSION! THIS IS THE NEXT EXPANSION!" without waiting for confirmation.

not so much a leak as it is speculation. but it isnt being treated as such