Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Quote Originally Posted by elcher
    short answer:

    Roll a paladin.

    Long answer :

    roll a paladin, with their godlike gimmicks (bubble, divine sac, HoS, judgements etc) they are awesome, do not have mana problems if played correctly (using cds and so forth) and thanks to 3.2 we are also awesome grouphealers in 10man (ok, not group, but spothealing that rogue and the tank for 16k+ is awesome, also one has to time his melee swings (in ulduar 10man necessary so that one doesnt run oom on fights like XT HM).

    all in all i just lol at my priests and druids in 10man because IF someone DOES drop low i just instantly HS and then FoL with around 50% chance. GG druid hots and priest shields..

    paladins ftw
    OK so wtf, The guy is trying to AOE heal, and your telling him to reroll pally? I dont think that works.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  2. #22
    Blademaster Sanguinarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Holland, Hengelo (OV)
    Posts
    28

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    OK so wtf, The guy is trying to AOE heal, and your telling him to reroll pally? I dont think that works.
    ^^ this
    Metalhead since 2005 \m/

  3. #23

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    OK so wtf, The guy is trying to AOE heal, and your telling him to reroll pally? I dont think that works.
    BBBAAAAACOOONN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    The interwebz, protecting enraged nerds from ass-woopin they would get irl since almost 40 years.

  4. #24
    Blademaster Sanguinarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Holland, Hengelo (OV)
    Posts
    28

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    BBBAAAAACOOONN!
    lol i totally forget that one, but i think its more effectiver for 5 man groups instead of raids (srry for bad spelling) :P
    Metalhead since 2005 \m/

  5. #25

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Bacon only heals 2 targets at a time.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  6. #26
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,280

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Bacon does only heal two targets at a time, but it means u can put it on the tank and concentrate on keeping the dps alive. When i first started healing Htoc on my Hpally i found it quite hard and took a few wipes to get it down (i was pretty under geared, 1900 or so SP). My advice is practise, practise, practise. Look at where you are failing and look at what you have to counter it. For me it was simple switch from FoL to HL in phase 3, with bacon and bubble i only had two heal three people. Htoc is a step up from other heroics where u barely have to throw out a heal unless u are doing big chain pulls, dont stress if u are having difficulty because unless u have a well geared group who doesnt stand in the poison it can be hard. Just keep at it, nothing like a challenge to help you learn how to play your class

  7. #27

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG

    I wasn't able to heal thru reg ToC on the second boss (the priestess dudette). There's massive aoe damage in there,
    what?..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

    TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

  8. #28

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    what?..
    He is refering to when the priest summons an old boss from MC or w/e, and you have to fight both of them. They aoe moves they cast are pritty bad, if they get ahead of you, and you get feared at the wrong time you may lose a man or 2.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  9. #29

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Your spec looks good man, except Divine Fury only effects Greater Heals so consider dropping that for 5 pts in Spell Warding. Not so important now, but it will save your life later when you encounter massive magic-based aoe damage (Mimiron for example).

    As far as your throughput, your goal should be 11% haste and a good amt of crit (30%+ raid buffed). When you reach that point you can drop a point out of Surge of Light into something else if you like, since you'll have upwards of a 75% chance to get at least one crit on an aoe heal. Crit is also of course free healing for your mana, whereas haste = more healing, but faster mana use. It's your call really, suit it to your personal preference.

    I have to go with what the other guys here are saying.. healing is as much a team effort as DPS and Tanking. If your tank is super squishy and your DPS sucks, well unless you dramatically outgear the content, you'll have problems no matter how good you are. If your teammates stand in all the bad shit, not much you can do to help them.

    Frankly the balance of your stats is good, you seem to have the right idea. I'm inclined to say you're not really the problem.

  10. #30

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    He is refering to when the priest summons an old boss from MC or w/e, and you have to fight both of them. They aoe moves they cast are pritty bad, if they get ahead of you, and you get feared at the wrong time you may lose a man or 2.
    I've never seen a lot of aoe damage on that fight. Tell the people you're with to stop hitting the priestess while her shield is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

    TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

  11. #31

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Spirit, sorry but pretty sure you are wrong... I dunno what gear you have but my HN is 2028 self buffed and PoH is 3626 non crit on both. Yes PoH has a higher crit with the 2pc technically, but thats a bunch of healing difference since its 2 HN per PoH. I am disc, but I dont recall anything in holy that boosts PoH amount healed other than flat sp increases so...

    Since he said his party's health slowly dwindled till they died, the extra hps from HN could very well matter.
    Edit: My HN was glyphed for it to be more hps than my PoH though.

    But yes if he wanted to gem for regen Int is by far better.

  12. #32

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou
    Spirit, sorry but pretty sure you are wrong... I dunno what gear you have but my HN is 2028 self buffed and PoH is 3626 non crit on both. Yes PoH has a higher crit with the 2pc technically, but thats a bunch of healing difference since its 2 HN per PoH. I am disc, but I dont recall anything in holy that boosts PoH amount healed other than flat sp increases so...

    Since he said his party's health slowly dwindled till they died, the extra hps from HN could very well matter.
    Edit: My HN was glyphed for it to be more hps than my PoH though.

    But yes if he wanted to gem for regen Int is by far better.
    Holy Nova has a much worse SP coefficient than PoH. However, the Glyph does make up for this.

    PoH: 52.6%
    CoH: 30.35%

    At 3000 Spellpower, not taking talents into consideration, because they would be multiplicative for both spells:

    CoH: 713 - 827base --> 770 BaseAverage
    1680.5 = 770+[.3035*3000]
    2016.6(Glyphed) = 1.2*1680.5

    PoH: 2091 - 2209base --> 2150 Base Average
    3728 = 2150+[.526*3000]
    4473.6(Glyphed 6sec) = 1.2*3728


    Lets take both spells spammed over 9sec (or x3PoH vs x7HN)

    9second Comparison:
    -------------------------------------------------
    (1) 14,116.0 = x7 Glyphed Holy Nova
    (2) 11,929.6 = x3 Glyphed PoH (6sec HoT)
    (3) 11,763.5 = x7 Holy Nova
    (4) 11,184.0 = x3 PoH

    -------------------------------------------------

    Here's where HN wins. Being an instant cast spell... you can cast on 0sec, 1.5sec, and 3sec vs PoH being only able to hit on second 3. Of course, after that, its a 2:1 ratio. PoH wins vs. HN on a 2:1 level(Glyphed vs Glyphed or Normal vs Normal)... but add in the "free" cast at 0sec, and HN becomes a superior "spam" spell for your group.

    In short, I was wrong. Glyphed HN is a superior throughput spell for your party from a theorycraft perspective.

    For the H-ToC fight, Glyphed HN would work well, because you could ensure your entire party was in its 15/18yard range. However, for most fights, you cannot guarantee this. I wouldn't start suggesting that priest roll around with GoHN on all the time because of this.


    The reason I initially said this is my PoH hits consistently for 4.5k non-crit... but I could not recall my HN hitting for much. I honestly don't cast it often enough for me to be able to recall from memory what it hits for raid buffed.

    Kudos for calling me on this! =)

  13. #33

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Oh I agree it is extremely situational, and usually quite useless. But for the OP's specific problem it seemed applicable.

  14. #34

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Excuse me if I'm ignorant, since I can't be arsed to read through all the posts to see if it's already been mentioned, but here goes.

    As a disc priest I've had issues once or twice with that fight when it comes to healing, but nowadays I usually keep up to the damage and find the fight pretty easy. I know there's a big difference between disc and holy, mostly the shielding on the disc priests part, but whatever. As holy you should be able to cope with the damage by using PoH, flash heal, perhaps a cooldown now and then, and if you run into mana problems don't forget that you have shadowfiend. However, some points that can increase your efficiency are:

    Remember to dispel, both shadow of the past and holy fire.

    Tell any who can interupt to do so on Paletress whenever they can, as you can still interupt her even with the shield on.

    Cast fear ward on yourself before the fight begins so you won't get affected by the waking nightmare.

    Old wounds may be a bitch if combined with the waking nightmare, but just pay special attention to anyone that has them.
    If I was a Blizz server technician, I'd hijack a server and use it to download porn 24/7. Guess why the instance servers always are full B]

  15. #35

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    He is holy. If he was disc he could easily just PI (and haste trinket if he has one) and get of realy fast PoH's. and then after one of the fear he could innerfocus and hym of healing. There would be no mana or healing problems then...
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  16. #36

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Thanks for all the comments... Guess my main problem now would be to get better gear, just a little sad I'm kinda stalled on running U10 once a week for the moment, I (we) can't expect me to get much better until I start buying T9 items with badges of triumph. I'll be in my first Trial of Crusader tomorrow, raid leader hasn't said if I was there to heal or dps, eager to see...

    Holy spec isn't always the best, I was in a "healing war" (2 priests healing each other until there's no mana) and I got completly destroyed by a discipline priest. His non-crit FH was bigger than my critted FH! He casted faster, had more crit then I, he healed for longer... damn! I looked at his gear, he had slightly better, but wow still. :-\

  17. #37
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Elune
    Posts
    996

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG
    Holy spec isn't always the best, I was in a "healing war" (2 priests healing each other until there's no mana) and I got completly destroyed by a discipline priest. His non-crit FH was bigger than my critted FH! He casted faster, had more crit then I, he healed for longer... damn! I looked at his gear, he had slightly better, but wow still. :-\
    Holy generally won't win that kind of "Healing War" with a Discipline Priest, especially if you're each just spamming Flash Heal. I have to wonder how his non-crit Flash Heal was hitting for more than your Crit Flash Heals. Even if he has better gear overall, Holy still generally has more Spell Power from Spiritual Guidance, and should be hitting even harder with Spiritual Healing and any points in Empowered Healing. Discipline's Flash Heals will generally be smaller but faster and critting noticeably more. Maybe there's more than a slight gear difference.

  18. #38
    Bloodsail Admiral Cjeska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bavaria / Germany
    Posts
    1,154

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG
    ....and I got completly destroyed by a discipline priest. His non-crit FH was bigger than my critted FH! He casted faster, had more crit then I, he healed for longer... damn! I looked at his gear, he had slightly better, but wow still. :-\
    My guess is he completely outgears you. FH should be higher with holy-spec. For holy, you have really low spellpower. I have like 2650 w/o any spellpower trinkets.
    But even if you had better gear, a disc priest will always outlast you in terms of mana when it comes to single target healing.

    A few weeks ago i was left alone at healing the Group at Kologarn. Wasn't my intention to do it alone, but it seemed that everybody just healed the Tanks, so i ended up with 8,5k hps at the end of the fight. Mana was tight but still ok without any int-gems (sp in red, sp/int in yellow, sp/spirit in blue so im gemming for sp mostly)

    I highy recommend getting this baby here if you dont have it already http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45703

  19. #39

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    But even if you had better gear, a disc priest will always outlast you in terms of mana when it comes to single target healing.

    A few weeks ago i was left alone at healing the Group at Kologarn. Wasn't my intention to do it alone, but it seemed that everybody just healed the Tanks, so i ended up with 8,5k hps at the end of the fight. Mana was tight but still ok without any int-gems (sp in red, sp/int in yellow, sp/spirit in blue so im gemming for sp mostly)

    I highy recommend getting this baby here if you dont have it already http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45703
    Yeah, as Cjeska says, Disc will always win in a single target fight for mana preservation. When I raid, the other healer (holy priest) almost always ooms before me, unless im doing something stupid that I shouldn't be. And I have to say, Spark of Hope is an amazing trinket. It might not be best in slot for me as Disc, but the mana it saves is simply amazing. It allowed me to switch from having such an overkill mana pool to gemming/gearing for more pure spellpower. You can check the post by Danner http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=43004.0 if you want to check how good that trinket can be for fights where you feel you need more regen.

    My guess is he completely outgears you. FH should be higher with holy-spec. For holy, you have really low spellpower. I have like 2650 w/o any spellpower trinkets.
    No, he doesnt have "really low" spellpower. Remember, he stated he's only recently started Ulduar10. So you can assume most of his gear consists of Naxx10, MAYBE some naxx25, and the new coliseum. 2600 With THAT gear would be amazing. (And he probably would have zero regen, if that were the case)

    I do have to ask though, If his FH was HITTING for more than yours CRIT... He'd have to be hitting for over 6k, because with your spellpower you should easily be able to crit for that much. I'd then have to ask (just to make sure) are you sure you are using rank 11 of flash heal?

  20. #40

    Re: Geared healer can't heal

    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Ok. If you use Shadowfiend+HoH once a fight and have someone giving you replenishment, INT is the superior pure regen stat. That is straight up maths, assuming your not spending large chunks of time OS5SR (which in Ulduar rarely happens for me)..
    Replinishment works off of mp5 now not int, fyi. I dont know if priests have a int -> mp5 talent but saying that int is the superior stat for the sole reason you have replinishment isn't fully correct.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •