Quick Question on dagger speeds...

So I have been running 25 man ToC and recently got Stygian Bladebreakers x2.. my main hand was Fleshshaper and offhand was a Stygian.. armory : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...is&n=Shrappnel

I'm confused about what I should be using, loot rank and the in game mechanics are telling me that the x2 Stygians are best damage, and to be honest - my DPS the rest of the raid was #1 even when using them. However, from all the spreadsheets and the numbers generated at the elitist jerks forum - I was always under the impression to use a 1.8MH/whateverOF. I was getting near the top with my Fleshshaper + Sygian, and was trying for a sinisters revenge or something simple to pick up but haven't had much luck with drops.

Can someone throw me on the right track? Is x2 Sygians decent to use atm, until I can get a 1.8 MH. From how I understand anything faster than 1.8spd will LOWER my mutilate damage.. but how much does that affect my over DPS, and according to the heroic weapon I had in MH; how do I stand?

Deleted

Re: Quick Question on dagger speeds...

Stygian has higher min AND higher max damage despite being 1.40 speed and fleshshaper being 1.80, tho you cannot FW the stygians, unique equipped. I'd say get a better MH, like daschals bite and use stygians in your OH

Actually they are not unique equipped, as I said in my first post; I was dual wielding them during a raid.

i always thought it was slow mh fast oh for muti, but m not and expert on this , what i woould like to know is how u end up 1st on meters with 0 expertise? i always thought u needed 26/26 or round about that number so your specials dont get dodged
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    I have never used this response, but it seems perfect here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

Not sure, I don't have a problem with bosses evading my combos.. at least yet.. The only person I have been beaten by has been a really well geared hunter.

And I was also under the impression of slow MH/fast OFF but with my current selection of daggers I have - I'd be curious to know what I should use.

10+ Year Old Account

You really want your offhand to be as close to 1.4 speed as possible, and put a deadly poison on it.

For your main hand, you want to use either 1.4-1.5 speed (for more energy via Focused Attacks and more instant poisons) or 1.7-1.8 speed (for stronger mutilates). Don't ever use anything in between.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    You really want your offhand to be as close to 1.4 speed as possible, and put a deadly poison on it.

For your main hand, you want to use either 1.4-1.5 speed (for more energy via Focused Attacks and more instant poisons) or 1.7-1.8 speed (for stronger mutilates). Don't ever use anything in between.
    This is really out of date. Instant proc chance was change so basically now it takes 1 hit to get an instant poison proc with a 1.8 mh dagger and 2 hits with a faster dagger. Check out http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....cId=7120154092
    Dicedz || Rogue on Shattered Hand PvP EU.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&n=Dicedz

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dice
    This is really out of date. Instant proc chance was change so basically now it takes 1 hit to get an instant poison proc with a 1.8 mh dagger and 2 hits with a faster dagger. Check out http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....cId=7120154092
    My mistake then, I thought 1.8s took 2 hits on average to proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Basically due to Stygian being a higher ilvl/ dps output than the Fleshshaper it is better all around than the 1.8 speed of fleshshaper. However you would probably find that getting a slower weapon closer to the ilvl of the stygian for use in your MH would bring your dps/dmg output up. Granted a spread sheet would provide the most data on that simply by changing the lines on one of the weapons within the mut spreadsheet to match what the stygians stats are. I would say shoot for either a Dashal's Bite, Perilous Bite, or something along those would probably see the best benefit until you get one from ToC that is ilvl equivilent.

Gwyni will henceforth be known as Meanie, Bringer of Tautologies