Pve Dps. Fury Or Arms for my case.

Well im decently gear not the best my guild has just moved into 25man content and we are starting uld.
    My main question is should i go arms or fury, now from what ive heard arms = 10man fury = 25man for all the other buffs

my gear: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Heavyhittah

for fury my second weapon would be ironsoul with beserker as well

for tonights raid for xt-002 as my arms spec i hit 5k for that boss fight, now im wondering because its 25man i should hit up fury.

what about my spec? am i specing correctly or what should be the ideal thing?

thank you in advance!

Re: Pve Dps. Fury Or Arms for my case.

Armory showing PVP gear and PVP spec, please fix this so we can comment.

o dip sry! it should be good now!

help me decide

First of all: At the moment you should stay Arms. You still need a lot of gear to be able to compete as Fury.

You're properly specced and take decent care of your gear, however there are some pointers:
    - Spec: almost perfect, i prefer 1/3 Imp MS over Anger Management but the difference is minimal.
    - Glyphs: Glyph of Rending is superior to Glyph of Bladestorm.
    - Gemming: ArP is the best stat now. Meta gem: The Relentless Earthsiege Diamond may seem worse at 1st, but you'll get a advantage in having a yellow socket over a blue one (not a big difference but for the future).
    - Enchants: You have cheap enchants on Chest, Bracers and Legs. Since you're over the hit cap you'll also have a small advantage in enchanting greater assault on boots.

To be honest, its situational depending on what kind of fight your doing.

If your doing standing fights like XT, arms blows fury out of the water.

However, if your doing hodir, especially hardmode, the mobility dps fury gives is far better, since a lot of your dps is still based off slam (which will be hard to do in a fight your constantly moving).

If you dont plan to tank, I would would use both specs, and switchs between fights depending on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by LeChuck
    First of all: At the moment you should stay Arms. You still need a lot of gear to be able to compete as Fury.

You're properly specced and take decent care of your gear, however there are some pointers:
    - Spec: almost perfect, i prefer 1/3 Imp MS over Anger Management but the difference is minimal.
    - Glyphs: Glyph of Rending is superior to Glyph of Bladestorm.
    - Gemming: ArP is the best stat now. Meta gem: The Relentless Earthsiege Diamond may seem worse at 1st, but you'll get a advantage in having a yellow socket over a blue one (not a big difference but for the future).
    - Enchants: You have cheap enchants on Chest, Bracers and Legs. Since you're over the hit cap you'll also have a small advantage in enchanting greater assault on boots.
    First of all, thank you for your help.

arms eh? i was hoping some1 said that hehe, i feel comfortable with the rotation where with fury im not sure what im really doing but then i never gave it a fair shot. when would it be a good time to go fury?

-Spec: I was looking at other specs and yeah they have the 1/3 imp ms, i was thinking about changing that before but i didn't know if i was going to rage starve at points.
    -Glyphs: glyph of rend just increase's the time of the dot, more dps and beter chance to get my overpower with out me having to put rend up all the time? don't understand this concept so if you could explain so i understand more and i can pass the knowledge
    -gemming: ArP being the best stat now i should replace my str with that which i find no problem but ill regem new pieces when they come i dont have much money to spend atm.
    Meta gem- i understand the gemming requirements which sound in a way smarter to have. but is there a difference from 21 agility to 21 critical strike rating?
    -enchants: yes i do go cheap sometimes as its my offspec, the chest i will be replacing soon with he t8.5 that i can purchase and that's gonna prob. stick around for a bit

now for arms pve what exactly is hit cap just to know the numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor

However, if your doing hodir, especially hardmode, the mobility dps fury gives is far better, since a lot of your dps is still based off slam (which will be hard to do in a fight your constantly moving).

If you dont plan to tank, I would would use both specs, and switchs between fights depending on the fight.
    First of all, thank you for your help.

my main spec is to tank, so i rarely never touch my tank spec and i usually use my other spec for pve dps, or sometimes pvp arms or for what ever i need it for. yes i seem to relay on slam in arms and with that cast time kinda cuts slam out of my rotation in arms when i'm moving around so it does cut a lot of my dps, is there ways i can go around this more to improve the dps when its a moving boss type?

Thank you both for your opinions and what not! really appreciated it

any more opinions or thats basically it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor

The only fight where arms > fury is Vezax. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeChuck
    - Spec: almost perfect, i prefer 1/3 Imp MS over Anger Management but the difference is minimal
    I'm a fury warrior (Yes, i have the gear for it), and back when i was arms i didn't have 2/2 Imp Execute, i had 3/3 Imp Mortal Strike. Since you're going to be MSing more often than you will be executing (Unless with 3.2 execute spam is the way to go, been fury since well before 3.2) wouldn't 3/3 imp MS > 2/2 imp exe?

Arms if you're awesome, fury if you're anything less. The DPS is similar, but fury is MUCH easier to play.

Quote Originally Posted by wogwog
    Arms if you're awesome, fury if you're anything less. The DPS is similar, but fury is MUCH easier to play.
    Dumb, just dumb. Yes arms has more of a priority based "rotation", where fury is easier. Fury outscales arms in every way and will do much more dmg in top levels of gear though. At your stage of gear however you are probably better off going arms. Once you get more ulduar, t8 gear and see more arm pen and higher levels of str and crit on your gear, paired with a couple of weps with a nice dps, fury is definetely the way to go.

Why you'd take Anger Managment and 2/5 UW is beyond me.. I mean you SHOULDNT have rage problems as Arms ( i dont anyway, when i play it), taking 3/3 Improved Mortal Strike is FAR better.

Use glyph of Rending to Bladestorm glyph is crap for PvE. Cant see your gear atm because you logged out in your prot gear.

L O L

Myself, I'm really trying to get away from the whole telling people how to play...but if you wanted to argue specs I could give you a little advice (especially when it comes to an arms spec).

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Lhrhb...GuioGE000b:mqs
    Your best single target spec if you are expertise capped.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Lhrhb...dGuiohxZbG:mqs
    Your best dps spec if you are not expertise capped.

Here's the point, until the caps for hit and expertise (see stickies at the top of the forum for the cap lists...yes I'm making you do a little research, it'll be good for you...builds character) they increase your dps the most. So point for point weapon expertise is a much better use of 2 points than imp execute. But if your gear doesn't get you to the cap, the playing the balence game with weapon expertise and points in Incite to reach your caps will provide you with more dps.

More than likely you'll have a paladin providing might, so 5/5 in Imp demo is better than commanding.

These are really and honestly the best dps for points avaialble, there's really no arguing it. There has been enough parsing and testing to back up this claim, and if you don't believe me...do a little research for yourself. Spend a little gold in glyphs and respecs and get your buddies to raid buff you for 5-10 minute parses on target dummies.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Obviously you haven't played fury at a high enough level. There is a 6th gear my friend to that spec, where you start maximing CDs on debuffs and procs.

Arms is definitly more challenging initially...but once you start adding more and more cds, it takes a lot more to get the maximum out of a fury spec.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Since this horrible patch was released i geared my alt up real quick as everyone seems to be doing and i was also wondering as some of my gear still slacks would i be better off as fury or arms.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...w&n=R%C3%B3cky

I find arms and fury both enjoyable to play as this is my first geared melee dps ive really played and ive been reading through the other posts here on arms > fury or fury > arms and it just drags on so instead of making a new post i thought id just jump on this one.

btw first post ;D

Quote Originally Posted by cymro
    Since this horrible patch was released i geared my alt up real quick as everyone seems to be doing and i was also wondering as some of my gear still slacks would i be better off as fury or arms.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...w&n=R%C3%B3cky

I find arms and fury both enjoyable to play as this is my first geared melee dps ive really played and ive been reading through the other posts here on arms > fury or fury > arms and it just drags on so instead of making a new post i thought id just jump on this one.

btw first post ;D

You are way over the hit cap and way under the expertise cap...this is a natural fit for an arms spec. Spec the 56/8/7 build above with maxed out weapon mastery, lose the pyrite infuser...even mirror of truth would be better (greatness card is best tho...and they're cheap these days), gem everything for either str or ArP...forget socket bonuses besides your meta.

okay im sorry i was out of town and i logged out as prot i'm sorry!

but its up again im taking all information in, so i really do appreciate it