Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Prot/Ret pvp > Ret pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    why 7 in holy? fear reduction? lol. the best spec for ret pvp atm is 0/20/51, better cc, better survivabliity and thats what you need in pvp more than fear reduction and SotP.
    I encourage you to post in the WoW DD/paladin/PVP or AJ's paladin forums and start a thread about why your spec is better.

Oh and I am guessing samef*g (4chan term) here. But w/e.

@pallies

Yeah I reckon, however it only lead me to believe in my hypothesis that most rets still revere their almighty talent tree without question and are afraid to experiment. Getting 4 - 4.8k HotR crits on a 320 top end dmg weapon as it is, wondering how it'll go when I get my furious mace/axe (605 top end)

Quote Originally Posted by Accuser.
    With the buff to spellpower based on strength, and the new easy availability of a decent slow 1h weapon from the ToC 5-man heroic, we'll probably see more prot-ret...

Hope you guys weather the QQ storm better than prot-healing did.
    You know, I've played with it, and the AoE explosions from HotR + SoComm are fun to watch, but not really all that impressive in actuality. As part of a cleave team, it might be fun, with all the AoE that Prot can roll out, but even with the captain america glyph, and the slowest weapon I could find, the burst is nothing like Ret's, and the utility is marginal at best.

The only advantage I've noticed in the arena is that rogues don't bother trying to peel me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    You know, I've played with it, and the AoE explosions from HotR + SoComm are fun to watch, but not really all that impressive in actuality. As part of a cleave team, it might be fun, with all the AoE that Prot can roll out, but even with the captain america glyph, and the slowest weapon I could find, the burst is nothing like Ret's, and the utility is marginal at best.

The only advantage I've noticed in the arena is that rogues don't bother trying to peel me anymore.
    I feel more like a DK/rogue in terms of offensively utility (20s HoJ soon to be 30, silence with a big bang and snare) without missing out on core defensive utilities (BoP, dispels). Since I am playing warrior/pally/druid I felt that sometimes as DPS pallies, we lack in the CC/interrupt/silence department, hence this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by fumezy
    I feel more like a DK/rogue in terms of offensively utility (20s HoJ soon to be 30, silence with a big bang and snare) without missing out on core defensive utilities (BoP, dispels). Since I am playing warrior/pally/druid I felt that sometimes as DPS pallies, we lack in the CC/interrupt/silence department, hence this discussion.
    With the warrior on your team, you're probably making the right choice. Warriors burst as hard as Ret ever has, and the MS effect makes all damage more effective, burst or not. If that's your setup, then I would agree, Prot's probably the way to go.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    That's a matter of perception my dear friend.

You cure a disease.

Disease:

1. a disordered or incorrectly functioning organ, part, structure, or system of the body resulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, poisons, nutritional deficiency or imbalance, toxicity, or unfavorable environmental factors; illness; sickness; ailment.
    2. any abnormal condition in a plant that interferes with its vital physiological processes, caused by pathogenic microorganisms, parasites, unfavorable environmental, genetic, or nutritional factors, etc.
    3. any harmful, depraved, or morbid condition, as of the mind or society: His fascination with executions is a disease.
    4. decomposition of a material under special circumstances: tin disease.

Hunger, then, falls under definition 1 as 'nutritional deficiency or imbalance' and 'unfavorable environmental factors'. So hunger can be called a disease, one which you can cure.

Just to clarify

Cure:

1. a means of healing or restoring to health; remedy.
    2. a method or course of remedial treatment, as for disease.
    3. successful remedial treatment; restoration to health.
    4. a means of correcting or relieving anything that is troublesome or detrimental: to seek a cure for inflation.
    5. the act or a method of preserving meat, fish, etc., by smoking, salting, or the like.
    6. spiritual or religious charge of the people in a certain district.
    7. the office or district of a curate or parish priest.

There you go, according to the folks over at Dictionary.com, you CURE hunger.

Also, derailed thread is officially derailed.
    But they’re a symptom. You’re treating a symptom and the disease rages on, consumes the human race. The fish rots from the head as they say. So my thinking is why not cut off the head..........