WTB level 80 only bracket for AV?

Is anyone else tired of not being able to down balinda, vandaar or visa versa because half of your team is either afking at base for xp, dying at strife because they have 5khp or unable to tank them because their healers are level 71 and run out of mana in the first seconds of a fight?

Of course there is the arguement that the opposing team also has the same disadvantages, but it seems whatever team has the most 80's wins.

On my battlegroup before battleground xp was introduced horde won 75-80% of all av's (i know, wtf? Horde win av?), now we're losing 75-80% of all av's because generally people are far too low to assault towers (they die to archers in 3 hits, or 6 level 7x's die to 1 geared 80)

It seems a little unfair to both parties, as level 80s are effectively twinked and have xp turned off lower players shouldn't be forced to play in our bracket.

And we shouldn't have to play with cannon fodder either.

Any opinions?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: WTB level 80 only bracket for AV?

Have to agree on this, should be fixed, but atm is quite fun to get 30-0 stats in AV
    Zenlyth
    Blue Poster
    "freedom of speech", unfortunately, does not belong in the World of Warcraft environment.

Yea the recent changes with Battleground Xp has changed AV for 80's a lot. I've heard that AV gives the most Xp out of all Bgs and the 71-80 bracket is filled by people lvling and trying to soak xp up and it usually does come down to who gets more 80's in their raid. I don't see why they wouldn't create another lvl bracket to prevent this.

No 80's is playing AV these days, so queues would be 1 or 2hours :P

Quote Originally Posted by Justys
    No 80's is playing AV these days, so queues would be 1 or 2hours :P
    Indeed, they aren't playing AV now because it's effectively been taken over. Those lost 80 slots are now taken up by lowbies, which serves to prolong the length of AV matches aswell as having a detrrimental effect on the lower level characters xp gains and the higher level's honor/badge gains

Quote Originally Posted by Skrototem
    dying at strife because they have 5khp
    far too low to assault towers (they die to archers in 3 hits, or 6 level 7x's die to 1 geared 80)
    Wow... That sounds just like me on my hunter :P
    I agree! Sucks as it is for level 80s, and they should reduce damage done by tower archers!
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    If they do incorporate Worgen and Goblins as playable races it will be the last straw. I've let my children play this (somewhat evil) game in my Christian household for long enough. These changes will bring a whole new level of evil and Satanism that I can't stand by and let my kids experience. I will be cancelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneoldfogie
    Wow... That sounds just like me on my hunter :P
    I agree! Sucks as it is for level 80s, and they should reduce damage done by tower archers!
    Or increase it to deter those lowbies!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenkä
    Have to agree on this, should be fixed, but atm is quite fun to get 30-0 stats in AV
    Those kd/r's only stay fun for a little while :< eventually you get fed up of only getting 1 mark for over 20 minutes work

Deleted

I spec combat with FoK glyph and hide at Galv with a healer buddy. Usually take down half the alliance team. But generally I just play defense re-capping our towers and eventually our team takes theirs and we win. I have noticed that the 7x level players are tactically naive and just move around in a big zerg so you can't expect them to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by keskmaz
    I spec combat with FoK glyph and hide at Galv with a healer buddy. Usually take down half the alliance team. But generally I just play defense re-capping our towers and eventually our team takes theirs and we win. I have noticed that the 7x level players are tactically naive and just move around in a big zerg so you can't expect them to defend.
    Yeah i see it alot. When ress'ing at frostwolf gy and TP + IB are both in conflict. Level 7x players will actively avoid these towers and run around them, to then die again in field of strife.

Would have thought that because their objective is xp they would be defend the objectives to gain more of it. It hasn't quite gotten through though.

+1

i can see this benefiting both levelling players and 80's likewise.

The 80's will have a balanced fight against each other, instead of one group having a large number of 80's and dominating the BG.

and the levellers will gain from this because they will now have a balanced fight trying to win the BG.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I agree. I feel bad when I afk for exp and there are 80s actually trying to win.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    I agree. I feel bad when I afk for exp and there are 80s actually trying to win.
    You do know that your team actually gains more xp/hour and are more successful when you don't all afk don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley
    Actually on the 3 different battlegroups I am a part of if the exp gain in av was not so we would not be having AV Q's at all. I have put lower lvl toons in there for the exp gain, its nice and the fact that I love av and now I can get into it on a regular basis is ALL because of the exp gain.

The AFK bullshit is afk bullshit and has been that way since the conception of AV. Always will be so thats not a change due to the exp gain and lower lvl toons in the BG. I don't mind the lower lvls being in there at all, I have done probably between the 3 toons I pvp on around 100 games in the last week or so and I have not had a single one last past 25 mins.

So all in all GG Blizz, you have refreshed bg interest, participation and fun.

Edited to add: I don't think 80s have been in danger of loosing their av slots for years BTW.
    Don't know what battlegroup you're playing but since BG xp was launched 80% of people in the av are under level 80. Aswell as the fact that we had no problems filling av in the first place as it is a popular honor/hk grind bg.

it really differ's from what battle group your in i think alot more of the 80's are looking into Isle of conquest now, AV used to be the most abandoned BG two patch's ago and with the introduction of an entire new 40 player BG it will be hard to share the players that wanna pvp, this being said more 80's would have motive to go AV without having to put up with the people whom ain't 80 but that's no fun to the lower levels, as far as im concerned i got my paladin up 3 levels from pure AV farming, the change in pace where i could take on geared level 80's in a BG was fun and i wish they would do such a thing on a small population BG too, though im pushing myself abit ahead :P

If blizzard was to sever the link between 79's and 80's then what fun is that blizzard already struggles as it is populating some BG's, AV might just become one of them, and don't complain even the opposite faction has these low levels your not the only one going through this handycap so why not enjoy the increase to player representation