Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: PLEASE? a Tauren-Priest? -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by Tergha
    This has been explained in at least 10 other threads. The idea from that quest was that they have been following the moon and the druidic ways, and have forgotten about the earth mother's other eye, the sun. The idea being that they will begin to take the power of the sun as something like the light which would work for paladins and priests. Also, they are always a noble and peaceful race and paladins who are fighting for rightuosness are not far from that.
    _________________________________________________

    maybe new spells ? or different names atleast like the paladin horde/alliance seal of blood/seal of martyr
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojoez
    Just remember, when life's a sour bitch... Make some bitching lemonade!* :P


  2. #22

    Re: PLEASE? a Tauren-Priest? -.-

    So tuaren racials suck, wtf tuaren for raids? Maby for pvp, the stun would allow you to get a penance off without getting kicked... Much rather be either undead/goblin for pvp, or troll for PvE.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  3. #23

    Re: PLEASE? a Tauren-Priest? -.-

    racials are getting a buff; so do not whine about racials suck for a class of they still have to announce the new racials...

  4. #24

    Re: PLEASE? a Tauren-Priest? -.-

    They are gunna buff their herbing racial to be more like the goblin potion racial or the worgen skinning racial. I highly doubt they are going to get rid of the stun.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  5. #25

    Re: PLEASE? a Tauren-Priest? -.-

    Don't be a racist. You only have to believe in God so that you can bla bla bla bla...

  6. #26

    Re: PLEASE? a Tauren-Priest? -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    What most people have some issues with is the concept of organized tauren religions. Right now, the tauren are pretty much analogous to the native americans of the early 1700s. Turning the free bovine life into a religiously ordered structure is just not compatible.

    As you say, you could still do priests. It doesn't have to be organized much. But a paladin order kind of does require heavy organization, religious zeal and an attitude to smite heathens. To fit that into the otherwise pacifist nature of the tauren just don't quite add up.

    It fits well with the blood elves. Blood elf paladins work well, the elves are a angry bunch willing to walk over a few corpses to maintain their way of life. Blood elf priests is the more peaceful part of the blood elf religion, but it's kinda twisted anyway.

    But tauren? naaah... I can see priests. Paladins is more of a stretch.
    You could probably take the religious fighter idea from the Aztec jaguar warriors or such; still native americans and they are religiously oriented warriors. However to be quite honest I would rather have seen undead paladins rather than tauren...tauren are too natural in my view to really embrace the strict religious beliefs that allow for paladins.
    Hopefully "at least" means "sometimes three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number flame shock shall tick, and the number of ticking shall be three. Four shalt thou not tick, nor either tick thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou holy lava burst of antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall suffer at least two more ticks of flame shock. Amen."
    :3* -Whowherewhat

  7. #27

    Re: PLEASE? a Tauren-Priest? -.-

    I cant see a reason why cant any race be priest. It's one of the main roles in every society.

  8. #28

    Re: PLEASE? a Tauren-Priest? -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa
    what's going on?

    A TAUREN PRIEST? pls explain this!
    Your video game just reinforced the fact that it's just a video game and not real... therefore *anything* can happen. That's it... nothing more.

  9. #29

    Re: PLEASE? a Tauren-Priest? -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by jarelie
    I cant see a reason why cant any race be priest. It's one of the main roles in every society.
    Because no Orc would pay penance to the Light, they pay tribute to their ancestors and to the elements themselves.

    Because Gnomes don't give a crap about any "faith" that they can't prove with facts and science... oh wait.

    Personally, I'd take Tauren. As far as who they are, it makes sense. Gnomes, on the other hand, just to say "we need a pint sized healer!" is a no-no.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  10. #30

    Re: PLEASE? a Tauren-Priest? -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Because no Orc would pay penance to the Light, they pay tribute to their ancestors and to the elements themselves.

    Because Gnomes don't give a crap about any "faith" that they can't prove with facts and science... oh wait.

    Personally, I'd take Tauren. As far as who they are, it makes sense. Gnomes, on the other hand, just to say "we need a pint sized healer!" is a no-no.
    I can buy Gnomes because they're population has had very close relations with dwarves, and to a lesser extent humans. It is not unreasonable to think after 5years (or w/e it works out to in game time) that some would find an affinity for the Light.

    Taurens make sense because they'll learn divine magic from the NEs after they come to the realization that their moon deity is the same as Elune. Most likely the "betrayal" that got Garrosh Nerdscream all pissy.

    The Tauren paladin is a bit weird... but almost certainty will be explained by tapping into the divine magic of their sun deity. It fits the least because Paladins have always drawn from the Light (or in the BEs case, a Naruu they captured to be their corrupted LOLight source).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •