Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Levva going on holiday (Vacation for US readers)

Quote Originally Posted by walexia
    i didnt know you that well levva but you seem like a nice person.

some advice for you when you return is that you can try getting into the pvp world of arena.it's sort of easy to get into .It's what i have been trying to get into and it's quite fascinating too(if you can look beyond all the douchbags that do arena's)

i don't know what your experience is in pvp but i will try to be as much help as possible if your uber new to it
    Thanks for the advice, however I cannot begin to describe how much I detest PvP. I have absolutely ZERO interest in PvP and even less interest in the cesspit that is Arena. The Arena system to my mind has created more whining and crying posts on countless forums than any other subject.

I fully appreciate the skill and dedication it takes to be good in PvP and applaud those that can compete in the Arena when doing so on a level playing field (eg: Tournament servers). Sadly however its my experience, ESPECIALLY through moderating the MMO-Champion forums that a very large chunk of PvP players are largely interested in whatever gives them an unfair advantage, whether that be class imbalances (perceived or real), out gearing, the sad no life of twinking that means no-one actually levelling their character ever bothers with battlegrounds.

I just don't subscribe to the point of view that in order to entertain myself someone else has to suffer/lose. Hence I seriously don't have the mind set for PvP. I far prefer the challenge of getting a group of people to co-operate towards a common goal.

I've been playing for almost 5 years now and been on most days on my server, and put in countless additional hours on forums, writing addons, coding Rawr.Enhance etc. Taking a break is probably a healthy thing to do. I enjoy playing because I form strong friendships within a guild. I don't login to get gear or see new content, I login to play a game I enjoy with friends I've met along the way. If I'm online I'm always on vent, chatting to guild members, as the social aspect is the reason I play.

And so to the juvenile prat that thought taking a break because the guild disbanded was "emo", I say try actually having a life and making friends relax and enjoy being with them for years, then still say it isn't time for a break when that falls apart. BTW I deleted your post to save you the embarrassment and to prevent this thread needing pruned due to the flaming you'd receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Thanks for the advice, however I cannot begin to describe how much I detest PvP. I have absolutely ZERO interest in PvP and even less interest in the cesspit that is Arena. The Arena system to my mind has created more whining and crying posts on countless forums than any other subject.

I fully appreciate the skill and dedication it takes to be good in PvP and applaud those that can compete in the Arena when doing so on a level playing field (eg: Tournament servers). Sadly however its my experience, ESPECIALLY through moderating the MMO-Champion forums that a very large chunk of PvP players are largely interested in whatever gives them an unfair advantage, whether that be class imbalances (perceived or real), out gearing, the sad no life of twinking that means no-one actually levelling their character ever bothers with battlegrounds.

I just don't subscribe to the point of view that in order to entertain myself someone else has to suffer/lose. Hence I seriously don't have the mind set for PvP. I far prefer the challenge of getting a group of people to co-operate towards a common goal.

I've been playing for almost 5 years now and been on most days on my server, and put in countless additional hours on forums, writing addons, coding Rawr.Enhance etc. Taking a break is probably a healthy thing to do. I enjoy playing because I form strong friendships within a guild. I don't login to get gear or see new content, I login to play a game I enjoy with friends I've met along the way. If I'm online I'm always on vent, chatting to guild members, as the social aspect is the reason I play.

And so to the juvenile prat that thought taking a break because the guild disbanded was "emo", I say try actually having a life and making friends relax and enjoy being with them for years, then still say it isn't time for a break when that falls apart. BTW I deleted your post to save you the embarrassment and to prevent this thread needing pruned due to the flaming you'd receive.
    Your reply did not surprise me, a large number of people i have talked to in my time in wow especially those who are heavy into pve detest pvp and not just detest it but some really strong hate in it.During my time in pvp, ive been laughed at, spit on, sat on as i lay their dead in arena as they finished of my partner at their pleasure, called a baddie and worst of all get called incompetent as i did my bests to keep my team mates alive .

Yeah it would almost be insane to put up with such insult and continue. The wow pvp community doesnt know the meaning of good sportsmanship or competition,the many who do know how to be good at pvp keep their mouths shut coz they know that the fewer they are at the top , the easier it is to be there at the top.They are however are willing to show how good they are to prove how "inexperienced " another is (i hate the use of the word "bad" in such pvp discussions)

There is a tiny portion of good(by good i mean the ones that are'nt rude and proud) pvp'rs out there, i mean the ones that do enjoy it from a sporting perspective and are willing to help others succeed.I almost gave up on pvp last year but these few players brought me back.

I do however respect your decision and wish you the best in whatever you do

Deleted

I detest PvP because of the attitude it brings out in a lot of participants. This is by no means universal and indeed here on the shammy forums we have a few very experienced PvP shammys that are serious about PvP and focus on the challenge of beating someone rather than looking for exploits.

I fully understand the argument that beating another human is infinitely more satisfying than a AI script and indeed the sort of skills that it takes to get that good and maintain high arena ranking etc is a testament to their skills.

So I bear no hate or ill will towards PvP players only towards the all too familiar QQ arguments that PvP so very very frequently generates. Trust me if you'd had to read and delete as much crap as I've had to on these forums, which is very commonly heated flame wars because someone questions if one class is over powered vs another, you might see why is dislike the mind set of all too many PvP players.

A lot of it of course is the juvenile attitudes "I pwned you" sort of crap you get. Where the level of pleasure derived from the game is inversely proprotional to the level of annoyance the other player feels. I just don't get the "I can only feel good if I make someone else feel bad mentality". It is ultimately self destructive.

I wanted to register just to say thanks to you Levva. (I am more of a lurker/reader than a poster)

You are one of few people who's posts I usually find informative and I have learnt alot and understood most (I think! )

I have only just come back from a break myself due to our guild disbanding.

Enjoy your holiday, relax and have fun

I do hope you come back though!

Enjoy your vacations!

And also, I'll ask THE question that you always get asked when you stop playing(I know, I quit a few months ago, and people still ask me)

- Can I have your stuff? :

Just kidding hehe
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

You probably don't like the pvp in WoW because WoW is a pve game, and you can't balance pvp around pve.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.