Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Faction champions ???

Anyone knows anything about this ecounter? i`ve been looking up all over the web and cant find anything. I have found a lot about Twins and Anub`Arak but nothing about those champions.Will apriciate any info about it if anyone knows say it here. Thanks in advance and have fun raiding Much love Aqq <3

Re: Faction champions ???

Not sure but I hear they are suppossed to be push overs that can in fact be affected by types of CC.

15+ Year Old Account

blizz said in the podcast about it being like a giant brawl.

I read somewhere CC was affected by DR in this fight?
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

No clue, could be. PVE arena... lawl

Here's a comment from someone on the PTR:

"The encounter is very much like the "arena event boss" back in Magister's Terrace.

You face different enemies, each representing one class: a resto druid, a shadow priest, a holy priest, a hunter, a holy paladin, a rogue, a death-knight, a warrior, a warlock and an elemental shaman.

They play quite well actually, like using Dispersion when under fire or using Heroism and can't be tanked (as I said, like back in Magister's Terrace).
    They can be crowd controlled but all spells only have their PVP durations and diminishing returns against them.

After focusing them down one by one they died easily and a chest spawned that did not contain loot.

Boss is very easy and looks unfinished."

cc does work, though subject to diminishing returns, mobs are untankable... think priestess delrissa in mgt

So... it is a raid PVE encounter like Arena PVP... Prepare for QQ-fests once it is under hardmode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMD3cUtv6vw

Faction champions 25 man PTR seems like an easy encounter AGAIN !

Battlegrounds was merely a Set back !

oh cool tnx for fast answering guys any1 knows if resiliance helps anything during this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqq
    oh cool tnx for fast answering guys any1 knows if resiliance helps anything during this fight?
    if resil still working in PVE, yep, less chance to be critical hit (5.6%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

I heard resil did not work in pve anymore, since some tanks tried it, and were crit once they took off some def rating gear and subbed in resil rating gear.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctavice
    cc does work, though subject to diminishing returns, mobs are untankable... think priestess delrissa in mgt
    do this mean tanks should go dps for this fight?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by friggo
    do this mean tanks should go dps for this fight?
    No coz when dimishing totaly runs out you will still need someone with high stam and avodiance to keep those before they kill raid. Atleast thats my opinion dunno for how much do they hitt for etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqq

No coz when dimishing totaly runs out you will still need someone with high stam and avodiance to keep those before they kill raid. Atleast thats my opinion dunno for how much do they hitt for etc etc.
    Yeah. I was watching attempts on hard modes and non-tanks are RIPPED TO SHREDS. The normal mode looks pretty peezy, but the hard mode seems serious. Probably want to learn it with tanks on normal mode anyways to get in the habit of having the tanks hold them and everyone else kite when targeted, so that you won't blow all your first week attempts on faction champs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator
    Yeah. I was watching attempts on hard modes and non-tanks are RIPPED TO SHREDS. The normal mode looks pretty peezy, but the hard mode seems serious. Probably want to learn it with tanks on normal mode anyways to get in the habit of having the tanks hold them and everyone else kite when targeted, so that you won't blow all your first week attempts on faction champs.
    I thought the point was that they aren't tankable (as in 'arena-style' / MT)
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

They aren't tankable, all the mobs have no aggro table.

This fight is a pushover in normal, enjoy your free loots.

Learn to love Google.com

Look what I found as the #2 result after a .09 second search...

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f218/...encounter.html

I freely share the fruit of my labor with everyone here on MMO who is too lazy to do it themselves.

Haha. Yeah. I thought about using that, but figured I would be a bit more original... Or, to tell the truth, I was too lazy to go to lmgtfy.com for someone else. :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator
    Where did you watch attempts on Hard Modes because, to the best of my knowledge they never allowed testing on Hard Modes and none of the servers have opened up the Heroic Difficulty yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    Where did you watch attempts on Hard Modes because, to the best of my knowledge they never allowed testing on Hard Modes and none of the servers have opened up the Heroic Difficulty yet?
    They definitely did allow testing on Hard modes on the PTR for 3.2 at least on Valkyr Twins and Faction Champs.