Holy - Information

Just got back into the healing game and have been looking around for information in regards to stat weights, gearing suggestions, gemming etc. If someone could post a few links to review that are from solid reliable sources I would appreciate.

Here is my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...her&n=Neoumbra

Like I said I just started gearing again. I was rolling with a mix of shadow and holy gear. Finally started to stream line it down to dedicated holy gear. Of course I still have haunting call, but nothing better has really dropped. I am working on the Conq chest, but my Valor pants needed to come first. Any suggestions would be welcome.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Re: Holy - Information

looking at your gear/spec i think you arent doing anything wrong :d
    gonne say the main things in short.

for stats it depends on what you need,
    if you need throughput then spellpower & hast, crit to a lesser extend
    if you need longevity then int & spirit, crit to a lesser extend
    for pure regen int > spirit

as for spec i would drop 'improved healing' and get 'holy reach' and 'healing prayers'
    if you are mostly aoe healing (main spells are pom, poh and coh) then blessed resilience > empowered healing

tbh i find that blessed resilience is superior to empowered healing in any situation, FH and GH will heal slightly less (and you rarely use GH), and all your other spells will heal for more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamless
    Heh, ahh the internet. Where the 'glass is half full' and 'glass is half empty' people are both shouted down by the heaving masses of "WAAAAH! I WANT A FULL GLASS! WAAAAAAAH!'

Rtwo covered most of it.

I personally do not value haste as much as others. I like stacking crit till I hit a diminishing returns wall, then start moving in some haste.

For me, I like to get my regen (INT) up first until I'm certain that I'll never OOM on a 10min fight. Once I've accomplished that, I move to throughput (SP).

Most, if not all, of your gear with have SPI on it, and the SPI you get from gear will be more than enough to give you good synergy with SA and help keep the INT/SPI ratio healthy.

I like to Gem regen(INT) and Enchant throughput(SP). That's just what I've found to work.

<shamelessplug>
    I hope to have my website HealingPriest.com up and running by the end of the month, so you may want to check it out if you still are looking for tips.
    </shamelessplug>

Quote Originally Posted by Rtwo
    if you are mostly aoe healing (main spells are pom, poh and coh) then blessed recovery > empowered healing

tbh i find that blessed recovery is superior to empowered healing in any situation, FH and GH will heal slightly less (and you rarely use GH), and all your other spells will heal for more.
    I don't agree with this... in PvE you will never get crit and if you do I doubt you'd be alive to benefit from the blessed recovery heal in any case. While Gheal is benched, it's certainly not completely neglected and nor is throughput from your Flash Heal. If it's a PvE spec I really wouldn't bother with Blessed Recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I don't agree with this... in PvE you will never get crit and if you do I doubt you'd be alive to benefit from the blessed recovery heal in any case. While Gheal is benched, it's certainly not completely neglected and nor is throughput from your Flash Heal. If it's a PvE spec I really wouldn't bother with Blessed Recovery.
    its not about the crit part ... at all.
    its about "increases the effectiveness of your healing spells by 1/2/3%"
    ALL your healing spells get the 3%, the crit part is a secondary effect and indeed rather useless in pve.

the next part is assuming you drop points in empowered healing and put it in blessed resilience

if you do some math about it (i dont have my numbers anymore) then you find out you dont loose that much on flash heal (think with 2k spellpower it was about 200-300?) and gained alot on your aoe heals, which counts more as holy.

an important note on this, is that "the extra 20% of your bonus healing effects (spellpower)" is additive.
    NOTE: these numbers are NOT exact, but very close to (well it should if my memory doesnt fail me)

lets say FH gets about 180% extra spellpower normally (its not 100%, it all changed with the change from +healing to spellpower)
    with the talent its 200% extra ... which isnt much
    even if it isnt additive (couse i'm not sure) its 180 * 1.2 = 216% still isnt all that much (for 5 talents points!)

and also note that the 3% also includes the base healing of the spell.

i got exames atm, so i dont have time to look up the exact coëficients and stuff.
    if you want, friday is my last exam, then i will make a decent post about it.
    Heh, ahh the internet. Where the 'glass is half full' and 'glass is half empty' people are both shouted down by the heaving masses of "WAAAAH! I WANT A FULL GLASS! WAAAAAAAH!'

The orginal post I quoted was talking about Blessed Recovery not Blessed Reslience... either the orginal poster got confused and meant Blessed Reslience or I stand by my statement.

Dropping points in Empowered Healing for Blessed Reslience is an interesting concept, something i'll probably research over the next few days.

yea, my bad.
    i meant blessed resilience, but wrote blessed recovery -.-

i updated the original post, tnx

Just as a point in the discussion, here's a relevant post I found on EJ about EH vs. BR.

http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t54618-w...6/#post1312634

I didn't read much further since I wanted to run my own numbers, so I'm unsure if my methodology or numbers line up. Regardless, I've come to the same conclusion and its really quite surprising how well Blessed Resilience measures up.

Anyway, here's my numbers. The first number is the Spell Power you have, and the second is the percentage of your total Healing that would have to constitute of Flash Heals, Binding Heals, and Greater Heals to break even; less means Blessed Resilience is better and more means Empowered Healing is better. This chart is built assuming 5/5 EH vs. 2/5 EH & 3/3 BR but I can easily run other combinations too if anyone thinks they'd be at all useful.

Spell Power Break Even %
    1500 70%
    2000 60%
    2500 54%
    3000 50%
    3500 47%

So, it looks to me like, 2/5 EH & 3/3 BR is clearly better than 5/5 EH. If you're casting FH/BH/GH enough to surpass 50% of your healing, you're probably doing something wrong. Also, since it may be of note, even with 3500 SP, the throughput loss on a FH is only -3.43%, or ~205 Healing, on a BR build so even that is hardly noticeable.

Either way, it looks like I'm respeccing for Blessed Resilience.