Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Old School ranking system

Wah, Wah everything was much better in vanilla! There's no other threads about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoneru
    Wah, Wah everything was much better in vanilla! There's no other threads about this.
    You think actual BG's and rewards from them are good?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoneru
    Actually it was. and yeah there has been alot of posts before this one, however the game as become worse and worse as the expansions has been introduced, and more kids with emo attitudes and wtb ez epics have joined the community.

Sadly blizzard still gives way (more $$$ in the bank) for the whining of people who asks for ez content, and continues to nerf the encounters until a blind monkey can do em.

Anyway back on topic, i think that the old rating system was somewhat inaccurate and as stated before me it could be abused by people and their mates to grind 1 player up by rotating playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by HellBurn
    The old ranking system was horrible. It rewarded grinding rather than skill. (sure, probably all marshalls had skill, but still). Even blizzard said it was a faillure, hence it will never comme back.
    helloo! the whole game is build around grinding!
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm truly sorry, but, I made rank 14, (High Warlord), and no one, NO ONE, played on my character but me.
    I was able to do it that way because I'm semi-retired, (62 years old) and could afford to put in the outrageous amount of time to get there.

I saw many players rotate in and out, in order to be able to meet the time requirements, and I strongly dissapproved.

The last 2 ranks, required us to collect 800,000 to 1,200,000 points of honor, each and every week. And, if you missed the mark, you actually lost ground due to the horrible 'decay' system. It required me to play 18 to 21 hours a day, non stop. My wonderful wife, even brought me my meals at my computer. ( no wonder we've been married 40 years ) Believe me when I say that I learned all about 1/2 hour 'power naps' !

I could NEVER again do a grind like that !

However, of all the titles I've aquired, over the last 4 years+, The "High Warlord" title is the one I value the most !

The rank titles are nice, but if they are reinstated, they MUST be different, in that they are distinguishable from the original, hard won titles.

Blizzard really screwed us over with the gear thing, so, please leave the titles alone !
    Remember: Ignorance can be corrected with a little instruction.
    But, Stupid is forever.

15+ Year Old Account

Giving out this title again will only mean more bots :< besides i like my general title over any other due to it being pretty rare. and allso shows you were one of the "oldschool" people playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomon
    10,000 Scout / Private
    15,000 Grunt / Corporal
    20,000 Sergeant / Sergeant
    25,000 Senior Sergeant / Master Sergeant
    30,000 First Sergeant / Sergeant Major
    35,000 Stone Guard / Knight
    40,000 Blood Guard / Knight-Lieutenant
    45,000 Legionnaire / Knight-Captain
    50,000 Centurion / Knight-Champion
    55,000 Champion / Lieutenant Commander
    60,000 Lieutenant General / Commander
    65,000 General / Marshal
    70,000 Warlord / Field Marshal
    75,000 High Warlord / Grand Marshal

People that already have High warlord and Grand Marshal would retain there rankings but most likely already have that many kills.

Just my idea.
    Seems like a good idea, but should inflate the numbers. 75k is a pretty reachable number by someone who does a lot of Battlegrounds, which would be the kind of someone who would want to achieve the titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

I think to bring back the old school titles is a stupid idea, sure I was a complete noob back then and did nothing at all really, I managed to earn the low scout title. And i still carry that around with pride not because of the pvping needed to do it (not much at all) but because it shows a true veteran. To bring them back would be a stupid idea and the idea itself should be buried and never thought about again.
    Azrax, Level 85 Gnome Rogue
    Kárnivool, Level 85 Human Priest
    <Ka Pai> - New Zealand based 25 man, 3 day raiding guild. We strive to provide an attractive, enjoyable, and constructive raid environment. Currently 4/8 Heroic Dragon Soul.

---- Currently Retired from Early Dragon Soul Progression, will be back for Mists!! ----

10+ Year Old Account

nah.. retarded idea.. they could implement new pvp ranks.. but leave the old ones alone for those who earned them in vanilla. got a whole bunch of different ranks on numerous chars, going from scout/ private all the way up to my locks, Knight Captain.. i didn't earn GM/HWL so i'm happy without it. I dont want it if i didn't earn it with the original system.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

10+ Year Old Account

The only reason i would be most interested is because i had high rank then quit for a few months and decay took me down to grunt, Which i do not mind displaying its just sad that i lost my rank that i worked so hard for.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Yeah my shaman got seargent before they changed it and i love being seargent grounded

Quote Originally Posted by Searon
    How about no? If they would get the old ranking system back they should make it as hard as it was back then, it was no cake-walk and no I did not have any friends playing for me when I did my rank to 13.. I know that alot of people did it that way.. But in all fairness I would have gotten a High-Warlord title on my main now then if it was based on HK's.. Made it to rank 10 on my alt with 15k HK's aswell and it would become a Scout?

If blizzard would implement the ranking system again with the same grind under the same circumstances I would approve of the idea but not in the games current state where you can "exploit" some spots in 2 BG's and get HK's from all over the map.
    How about learn 2 read srsly, he doesnt say implement old ranking system but old titles

Why not just a kind of new ranking system? Maybe related to the original system but with fix numbers. I mean srsly, Blizzard would have to code some titles and epics and the bg players would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox
    How about learn 2 read srsly, he doesnt say implement old ranking system but old titles
    Indeed he didn't, but you can get 75k HK's like he suggested without any effort.. I could easily get 1k HK's each day and even more if I abused some nodes to get HK's from all over the map in 2 battlegrounds. Also how would the games be like in the battlegrounds if they do it like that?

If they bring title's back they should bring back the system aswell. No-one in their right mind would do that grind.

This thread is new and original.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

why u want it back? u probably dont play old-wow. it wasnt fun as u think. getting 13 or 14 rank was brainless honor race. I know many ppls which after geting 14 ranks stopped play WoW for long time ... because they was... frustrated

I vote for a no, those who have one of the old pvp titles get to show it off with pride, its just as much of a vanity item as anything else, being able to have one of those while not everyone can have it is how it should stay.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Callsign Grunge

Seems like a good idea, but should inflate the numbers. 75k is a pretty reachable number by someone who does a lot of Battlegrounds, which would be the kind of someone who would want to achieve the titles.
    This. I got ~68k on my Hunter, while I had about half of that in Vanilla and got to rank 10 with that. After Vanilla I didn't do any great ammounts of BG's but I still doubled the ammount I got back in Vanilla. Also, 1 good IoC can give you about 50-75 kills in 15 minutes. That gives you a couple of hundred kills in just a few hours...

High Warlord/Grand Marshal should be more like...~150k. Just my 2 cents.

to OP you want same titles just with WAY less effort.. ya sure

Just NO.. only yes if for diferent titles not same.

Deleted

@OP
    No, the old system sucks and yours isn't better. If you want free titles and such, quest while holiday stuff is live~