Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: WoW Teaser on Soundblaster.com

Probably just some wow themed headphones... apparently in their contract blizzard agreed to divulge their hype building skills.
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands

Quote Originally Posted by DrRight
    Probably just some wow themed headphones... apparently in their contract blizzard agreed to divulge their hype building skills.
    if it is really just about a WoW themed headset (and not a WoW CataclyxnsdnsjdbyouknowwhatImean themed headset) people will be VERY dissapointed. you don't want to dissapoint people when you're trying to sell them stuff.
    with blizzcon coming in a few days, this can't be coincidence either (unless soundblaster is really stupid )

Quote Originally Posted by YumYum
    if it is really just about a WoW themed headset (and not a WoW CataclyxnsdnsjdbyouknowwhatImean themed headset) people will be VERY dissapointed. you don't want to dissapoint people when you're trying to sell them stuff.
    with blizzcon coming in a few days, this can't be coincidence either (unless soundblaster is really stupid )
    Well, it's not exactly their fault if people are putting words into their mouths. Nowhere does it say it's Cataclysm related, if people are expecting otherwise and it isn't, that's their own problem

i reckon blizzard have made a deal with creative. I mean how many people are spamming there site now looking for the teaser? lots i tell you

it makes more sense to let another site advertise ur product , i bet there paying a small fortune to have it on there.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fatkid
    Its a map too in the background, with parts of Kalimdor and EK with missing peaces like Westfall, some in Azshara and durotar (Maybe)!
    The pieces of the maps shown in the luminated screenshot are identical to the existing map. Are you really that blind with hype? As much as I believe mmo-champion's assumptions are correct... some of you people really grasp for straws, and see what you want to see. These "missing pieces" are gradients, fading it into the background. Good lord people.

Blizzard WOULD NOT do this through Creative. This is Creative sparking gossip, and garnering traffic for their site (traffic = money in the world of adsense). They're basically yet another pirhana, feeding off this hype frenzy. And the retarded are feeding into it. Good job, Creative's marketing department.

Not only that, handing over the updated map to a company that has zero affiliation with Activision/Blizzard... is not a good thing to do. All you're doing is risking leaks. Do you really think everyone adhere to NDA's? A lot of people out there would rather be publicized.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Just to link it in (rather than merge) http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=95829 has been discussing this for a while now.

Obvious hint is obvious.

Looking forward to this weekend's announcements

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05
    The pieces of the maps shown in the luminated screenshot are identical to the existing map. Are you really that blind with hype? As much as I believe mmo-champion's assumptions are correct... some of you people really grasp for straws, and see what you want to see. These "missing pieces" are gradients, fading it into the background. Good lord people.
    Not identical. Get your glasses if you need to see it.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

15+ Year Old Account

Well don't I feel like a stupid idiot. Boubouille wins again.

All I have to say is.. On ring to rule them all..

lol it took a while to load for me, they must be experiencing some high traffic
    and yeh, as other have said, you can clearly see the (really big) maelstrom swirling behind the logo.

betting it'll get brighter, and the logo more see-through over the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Matsuraki
    Well, it's not exactly their fault if people are putting words into their mouths. Nowhere does it say it's Cataclysm related, if people are expecting otherwise and it isn't, that's their own problem
    that's not your train of thought if you work in advertising (and it shouldn't be if you want to be successful)

it is soundblasters problem because they'll lose potential customers due to them connecting the brand with the dissapointement created when Cataclysm turned out to be a shallow hype. and with those rumours on mmo champ and blizzcon coming in just a few days, that's probably >90% of the people visting their site right now.

either soundblaster and blizzard are indeed working together and it is about a Maelstrom (Lament of the Highborne) expansion.
    or this is a very, very bad move that'll dent soundblasters image and blizzard's aswell to a certain amount.

Deleted

can't see anything on the site

Quote Originally Posted by Xzuverious
    rofl mmochampion got soundblaster flooded with visitors to see the teaser, i cant even load the page on my internet
    Go go Firefox .
    In the Groves of Death

Feel free to overlay this image with a many worldmaps you can find, it's not gonna change that it's the exact same as the worldmap currently ingame.

This image is ripped directly from the .swf by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blabl
    Feel free to overlay this image with a many worldmaps you can find, it's not gonna change that it's the exact same as the worldmap currently ingame.

This image is ripped directly from the .swf by the way.

yup, i take back what i said. this is a regular world map

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Regarding the image itself. Possibly as it zooms out it may reveal the map further, i think it will become very clear about the destructivness of the possible Cataclysm to come should they have it the current map of azeroth of after the events to come. Can get the shovels and pitch forks out when we realise Creative have dropped a headset in the middle of the ocean causing a tsunami and also destroying the possible area's for the Maelstrom itself..

/shake fist @ Creative

No really i find this quite interesting but im still a wee bit puzzled why blizzard have not placed something similiar on the offical site and instead using Creatives sound blaster site to create hype for blizzcon.

I'm sorry, but why did so many posts get deleted? I made a normal statement that it could be a very big advertisement stunt since many wow players go there now (for it it indeed turns out to be a headset), and it got deleted =/.

Quote Originally Posted by Unorthodox
    Regarding the image itself. Possibly as it zooms out it may reveal the map further, i think it will become very clear about the destructivness of the possible Cataclysm to come should they have it the current map of azeroth of after the events to come. Can get the shovels and pitch forks out when we realise Creative have dropped a headset in the middle of the ocean causing a tsunami and also destroying the possible area's for the Maelstrom itself..

/shake fist @ Creative

No really i find this quite interesting but im still a wee bit puzzled why blizzard have not placed something similiar on the offical site and instead using Creatives sound blaster site to create hype for blizzcon.

Probably a deal for lots and lots of money. And to get the rumour mills going.

perhaps we will see the old map first and within the following days we can see the cataclysm happening on the map...

It is definately, one hundred percent, a new headset.

Though in my personal opinion it looks as though they will time it with the new expansion announcement or atleast Blizzcon. Totaly see the text around the inside part of the metalic looking bit to end up being the expansion name or a WoW quote or something. People need to be less orientated about the map at the back, it is definately a standard game map, there is no coastal fading or diminishing and it does not show anything about a flood. It's there for decoration, majority of people wont even notice it!