Gemming for int vs. Gemming with hybrids (Holy)

So, I've had a week now to run with the changes to holy. I currently run with 4/5th T8.5 with Uld/Naxx25 offpieces still.

Spec is 51/0/20

I was never a HL spammer to begin with so that wasn't a habit I had to learn to break. This past week I ran with essentially full int gems (I'm a JCer/Enchanter) and I never really had a problem with going oom (raid buffed I sit at about 250-260 mp5 casting) due to the DI changes, even on the hardmodes (currently 7/9 on them). I run an Uld-10 group with 9 other friends who also happen to attend the same college as me. Uld-25 we run with another guild's alts on off days (6/9 for hardmodes there).

However I know of some holy paladins running with full hybrid gems and they only socket full int gems in yellow sockets. They've also told me they haven't had a problem with mana on hardmodes.

By hybrid gems, I'm referring to:
    Luminous Ametrine - http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/40151/luminous-ametrine/
    Dazzling Eye of Zul - http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/40175/dazzling-eye-of-zul/

So, I'm wondering if anyone else here runs with hybrid gems mostly? If so, could you share your thoughts on it, please. Basically a pro/con if you have experience with gemming for full int.

Either way with a new raid week upon us, I've already grabbed the hybrids so I'll give it a week long test run to see how it fits with me on a personal level.

Re: Gemming for int vs. Gemming with hybrids (Holy)

From what I have seen and heard, most pallies use hybrid gems just to meet the meta gem requirements and/or go for the socket bonus, if it is worth it. For example pants with a yellow socket and a red socket, with +8 int socket bonus. Of course you should go for 16 int and 9 sp/8 int here because you do not lose anything, you only gain 9 sp from it. Int is still the best holy pally stat, especially now since seal of wisdom is bugged and procs off of judgements.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Don't know where you heard that from nwo.
    I use Nightmare's tear to get the meta requirement.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Sounds like people are overvaluing socket bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account

I run a mixture of hybrid / pure int gems in my off set and i've never had mana issues since the patch. For hybrid gems I usually socket int/mp5 gems and leave it at that... might not be the best way to do it, but its working for me atm. Having JC helps too.. run 3 pure int gems off that.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Caean
    Sounds like people are overvaluing socket bonuses.
    will always be..

ret exemple :
    a few people love gemming for 10 strenght + 10 stam with a socket bonus of 6 strenght
    losing 4 strenght over using a 20 strenght.. what did i win? stam