Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Blizzcon 2009 Schedule now Available

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    Bluetooth wireless headsets work great..

My Xbox 360 wireless headset works great..

not sure what bad luck you may have had.
    They have batteries.
    Therefore they are not suited for gaming.

And I'm not talking about 1-2 hours a week gaming, but actual G A M I N G.
    Wireless is crap. Batteries expensive, or faulty after a few recharges.

Just use a damn wire and you're all good for ages without a care in the world about the damn batteries going empty or overcharging.

[...] do the same for mac boys with iStore.
    I presume you mean the App Store. And streaming on to a cell phone/handheld device compared to a desktop or laptop is clunky and slow.

On the quality; I presume that's just a taste. Other people say you can install software (in this thread even, I think) to get the stream at a higher quality.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Anyone else think the demo video for streaming Blizzcon is of pretty shitty quality - is it really going to be that small and flaky? for 40 bucks it should be HD.

I'd much prefer they do someting with Xbox live and lemme download the content in segments or pay for show i want to watch in a decent quality. I have a feeling most net watchers are only in it for the retarded pet.
    I tested RayV so-called HD stream on my 40" Bravia and it's looks good.
    We're making a party with friends at my place to watch the whole thing (will be 2 long nights as we live in Europe)

Can't wait for Friday ...

I got the schedule for the internet stream from RayV support:

http://www.marlamin.nl/blizzcon/stream.php

Friday
    11:00 - 11:30 AM Welcome to BlizzCon 2009
    11:30 - 12:00 PM Opening Ceremony
    12:30 - 1:30 PM World of Warcraft Preview Panel
    2:00 - 3:00 PM Diablo III Heroes & Monsters Panel
    3:30 - 4:30 PM StarCraft II Battle.net Discussion Panel
    5:00 - 6:00 PM World of Warcraft Class Discussion Panel
    6:00 - 8:00 PM Contests

Saturday
    11:00 - 11:30 AM Welcome to Day 2
    11:30 - 12:30 PM Diablo III Open Q&A Panel
    1:00 - 2:00 PM World of Warcraft Dungeons & Raids Panel
    2:30 - 3:30 PM StarCraft II Lore Panel
    4:00 - 5:00 PM StarCraft II Gameplay Panel
    6:30 - 8:00 PM Closing Ceremony

New Expansion pretty much confirmed! (Unless they take an hour on previewing 3.3)
    Random IRC ramblings:
    <Bibi-> you can call me Arthas and I'll play with your Frostmourne
    <FlyOnZeWall> at the point where mouth touches dick, I feel it's safe to say nobody gives a flying fuck about balls

OMG confirmed!!!111

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    OMG confirmed!!!111
    OMG ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Random IRC ramblings:
    <Bibi-> you can call me Arthas and I'll play with your Frostmourne
    <FlyOnZeWall> at the point where mouth touches dick, I feel it's safe to say nobody gives a flying fuck about balls

Quote Originally Posted by Razioer
    Sooooooooo.....

lets say I live in Europe, and i bought the internet stream....

when does the internet stream start GMT+1 (standard europe wow server time) =?
    The place is in California, so go to google.com and enter

time california

And google will tell you what time it is in california right now.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

The Current Time in
    Anaheim,
    California is:

Tuesday 8/18/2009 6:16 am PDT
    So its a 9 hour delay when compared to server time.

Deleted

It's quite possible that the update to the Wailing Caverns may take up the one hour WoW Preview panel

Well, I'm glad that they are doing the discussions on stages this time around--I gave up on BlizzCon last year when after 2 attempts to make the class panel and I still couldn't get into the room. I ended up going back to my hotel and reading WoWInsider and MMO-Champ for the info.

I just hope you will be able to clearly hear at each discussion area--there's a LOT of noise in general going on in the halls--between the tournament stuff and the announcers calling the "plays" and then just the noise of people. Hopefully they sprinkled more screens around so you could see what was going on at the other stages.

/Always did a mad dash for the store in Hall A. Glad to see they moved it back by the doors again...

Anyone else think the demo video for streaming Blizzcon is of pretty shitty quality - is it really going to be that small and flaky? for 40 bucks it should be HD.
    I only tried the lowres, I didn't download and install the highres player.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Are there any pally players here going to Blizzcon? If so (and I know it's a risky venture) can you ask Blizzard wtf is going on with Ret pallies? lol.... seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xdeadc0de
    I tested RayV so-called HD stream on my 40" Bravia and it's looks good.
    We're making a party with friends at my place to watch the whole thing (will be 2 long nights as we live in Europe)

Can't wait for Friday ...
    Yay! Someone else is having a party for the stream too! I'm hosting one on the East Coast since I didn't get tickets to BlizzCon this year (friends are too broke to go with us every BlizzCon we made). Doing a lot of homemade food (husband was thrilled when I told him I was doing homemade bread/ice cream/pasta sauce/tamales/etc.) for the 2 days of the stream. We'll be setting up our dining room for a LAN party, which overlooks the family room where we'll be dumping the stream onto our Samsung LCD TV.

Should be fun!

We'll raise a beer/booze to other stream watchers!

Quote Originally Posted by Symz
    Are there any pally players here going to Blizzcon? If so (and I know it's a risky venture) can you ask Blizzard wtf is going on with Ret pallies? lol.... seriously.
    You can do that for the Q&A Panel...but if you're considered an OP class by the majority of the WoW population (which pretty much everyone has a hatred for DKs and Pallies), the attendees will usually boo you when you start talking.

Plus you have to race to get in line ahead of all the unwashed con-goers. I usually just sit and chuckle when Q&A rolls around...

Quote Originally Posted by Symz
    They are bringing them back to be on par with all the other classes.
    Timmy was a chemist's son, alas he is no more.
    For what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

sweet, D3 and SC2 are closer now so it's quicker to just walk between those two like I did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    They have batteries.
    Therefore they are not suited for gaming.

And I'm not talking about 1-2 hours a week gaming, but actual G A M I N G.
    Wireless is crap. Batteries expensive, or faulty after a few recharges.

Just use a damn wire and you're all good for ages without a care in the world about the damn batteries going empty or overcharging.
    Don't buy a shitty headset then? I can get 40-60 hours out of a bluetooth rechargeable set.. unless your blabbering your mouth for 20 hours non stop you just drop them in a charger for your next nite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps
    I only tried the lowres, I didn't download and install the highres player.
    The high res player looks so-so and i'm only on a 24" lcd monitor.. someone watching it on a 42" must sit 40 feet back from the tv to think that looks ok.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRight
    The Guild has to go up against the WoW Q&A panel... poor bastards
    The Guild was up against the WoW Q&A panel last year too :P. They're actually even more lucky now, because Blizzard made one nice change. Last year, they only had three main halls open for stuff and you had to go upstairs to access some panels (one of them being The Guild's panel) in a much smaller room. It looks like they've made this much better now with two separate halls for hosting events... albeit the main hall will always be bigger since it's meant to seat people for the shows and stuff.

My life was a bit too tumultuous to go this year, so I'll be watching from the stream . Have to watch eBay to snipe me a goodie bag too .

uhm. 1pm. paris time any1? :P need to know if i'm working at that t ime