hunter tacs in algalon 10 man?

My guild are about to attempt Algalon 10 man for the first time today and im their hunter.

I've watched many videos and studied many strategy guides but nothing really compares to getting some hints from other hunters and going in and actually doing it myself.

I was wondering if any of you have any pointers on how you do this paticular boss encuounter?

Re: hunter tacs in algalon 10 man?

Sadly, I haven't done Algalon in 10 man yet, but I would suggest finding an Algalon video on YouTube that is in the Hunter point of view, try to see what he/she does and follow it according to your guild's strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fragga
    My guild are about to attempt Algalon 10 man for the first time today and im their hunter.

I've watched many videos and studied many strategy guides but nothing really compares to getting some hints from other hunters and going in and actually doing it myself.

I was wondering if any of you have any pointers on how you do this paticular boss encuounter?
    dps the boss and move from red fisure things like from sartharian and when bigbang comes go close to a voidzone to enter thats it :>

thats what i have to do
    50% of the Hunter population does not exist. They are Huntards.
    Don't Typ to Much, Lazy to Read

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mehdie
    dps the boss and move from red fisure things like from sartharian and when bigbang comes go close to a voidzone to enter thats it :>

thats what i have to do
    <-- This

Nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy
    <-- This

Nothing special
    While I haven't done 10 man in quite some time, I really hope Algalon isn't as hard as everyone says it is. I need a new title =(

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Hunters should be assigned to managing the Collapsing Stars - this is my job when we do Algalon and should be yours if you are the only hunter. These stars will appear 15 seconds into the fight and there will be four of them, they lose 1% of their health every second and when they die they create a black hole on the ground and do about 16k damage to the raid.

Your job is to manage the health on these so that they die in between Cosmic Smashes and also die away from other players. In 10 man, this usually means only attacking stars, all the time, pick one out the back, behind Algalon and attck it until it's dead, make sure you let the healers know when you're about to kill it so they are ready for the raid damage and again, make sure it is no where near the time Cosmic smash is about to be cast.

If you don't know, Cosmic smash puts a red fissure on the ground and will explode a short time afterwood, it does more damage to you the closer you are to it and will instantly kill you if you are standing in the middle of it however will always do some damage to everyone no matter how far away you are. So, this is why your job is the most important of all because if you let a Collapsing Star die at the same time, or close to, a Cosmic Smash then you will wipe the raid as the healers will not be able to keep up with two lots of massive raid damage.

Now, the otherimportant thing to killing the Collapsing Stars is that they create a black hole on the ground, these are used for two reasons, first is for when Algalon casts his Big Bang of which there are three during the fight, once you see him casting big bang, everyone needs to get themselves to the nearest Black Hole, you will be ported into another room filled with adds which you need to run away from while one person stays in the main room and cops the damage using cooldowns, or a spreist using dispersion. While in this other room however, you need to take note of where the other Black Holes where when you went down because once Big Bang is over, you wil be ported back to the main room automatically and if you are standing on top of another Black Hole, you will be ported straight back again and will die.

The second reason for Black Holes is to drop Living Constellations into, this will be the job of your OT while he is not tanking Alaglon and wil close the Balck Hole it is dropped into.

There are many more aspects for tanks and healers to consider however this is just what you need think about as a hunter managing stars. All in all it is a pretty simple fight if you get these things right, you just need the dps to burn the boss hard before your healers go oom, if you are getting to the third Big Bang then you are doing well.

And Kalti wins the thread, hooray for a more informative and accurate post than half of what qualifies as a sticky in these parts.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

What the guy up there said.

I could suggest a couple more things.

1. Dont DOT the stars, not even with Exp Shot. You want to have full control on when they die. If you can do good MM dps, i would Pick that spec.

2. Keep pet on algalon. Stars dont need the pet's dps. And if you wipe when algalon is at 3% you wont sleep thinking your pet would have done the difference.

3. Go back to the instance FAST as you wipe. Aspect of the pack. The runback is no shit when you got a 60minute count.

4. GL HF.

Ah yes, the runback, one extra note about that.

AotP is great for getting back fast, but don't just pop it the second you get in and blindly run back to the boss. Wait until the last person to get back is in range and moving, then go. Getting 7 people there faster is absolutely worthless if you then have to wait for the other 3 that missed the buff to catch up. Just something from my own personal experience that was extremely annoying.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

We used a elly shammy on stars since we used a physical dps comp

probly a good idea since I was top but eh anybody can do stars if they are range and get the hang of it without blowing 2 at once

Quote Originally Posted by Callsign Grunge

While I haven't done 10 man in quite some time, I really hope Algalon isn't as hard as everyone says it is. I need a new title =(
    10 man Algalon is a joke.

Im our guilds (only) Hunter. We recently got He Feeds on Your Tears.

I would not recommend going marks. Its a 6.5 minute fight. You will need the mana, and your raid will need replenishment. Blow your cd's at the start of the fight, and nuke the hell out of algalon. You should be able to fire your 2nd black arrow right as cosmic smash is going off. Refresh serp, shoot another exp shot, then switch to stars. If you have fire prot aura up then smashes will only take about 20% of the raids hp. The stars dying take about 50% if you have shadow prot aura. Killing one during a smash is very bad but not necassarily a wipe. When you switch off of Algalon the stars should be at around 70% Burn one down, you may need to wait for another smash. After that keep burning the stars. You need to kill around 4 stars per big bang.

This part is the important part. Turn on v bars. If all the stars are at full hp and there is a black hole open, dps algalon. Wait for the stars to kill themselves some. Our raid comp was very defensive, but not a lot of dps (2 tanks, 3 healers, hunter, ret, feral, blood dk, mage). This comp gimped our mage. We beat the enrage by only a few seconds. So you need to switch to algalon a lot and help burn him if your raids dps is low. Also, when algolon hits 25-27% (depending on when he last big baged) forget the stars and burn him down. Blow heroes at 20% at the phase change and repop your cds when they come up. If you hit the phase change with enough time left its pretty much gg. Its not a difficult fight, its more of a finesse fight. Everyone has to be perfect.

Pretty much as long as you get down teh first 90 seconds well (time until the first big bang), the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th 90 seconds are exactly the same pretty much, so its just you have to do it all correctly 4 times in a row and you win
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn